follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #85
PoltART

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I purchased the pearl one, received it yesterday and installed it. Appearance is great. It feels great. My only slight issue with it is that now when I put the car in neutral from reverse the switch doesn't release 100%. I mean it lets go but it doesn't pop back smoothly and sometimes I have to push it back down all the way.

Anyone else have this slight binding issue?
PoltART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #86
Manic
Is not fast.

Drives: 2014 Whiteout M/T
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just ordered mine tonight, so I'll see if I can replicate your issue when it comes in. However, it's the first mention of it so far so you may have gotten a bad knob. I'd consider contacting Team Voodoo to see if they can do anything for you.
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #87
Manic
Is not fast.

Finally installed. Originally spun aluminum finish, painted it with Duplicolor Engine Enamel with ceramic. Now it doesn't get unbearably hot when left uncovered in the sun. Not as insulating as plastidip, but much tougher and better looking, nice gloss without clear coating. No binding issues with the reverse lockout so far.

Loving the voodoo knob. Definitely a different feel from my Anarchy Motiv. Lighter than stock but it feels smoother through the gates. Also, because it's ever so slightly shorter, it feels like the throws are shorter too. Amazing value for money, would absolutely recommendd
Old 10-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #88
k.houan

Drives: BRZZZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post

Finally installed. Originally spun aluminum finish, painted it with Duplicolor Engine Enamel with ceramic. Now it doesn't get unbearably hot when left uncovered in the sun. Not as insulating as plastidip, but much tougher and better looking, nice gloss without clear coating. No binding issues with the reverse lockout so far.

Loving the voodoo knob. Definitely a different feel from my Anarchy Motiv. Lighter than stock but it feels smoother through the gates. Also, because it's ever so slightly shorter, it feels like the throws are shorter too. Amazing value for money, would absolutely recommendd
How exactly is it different than the anarchy motive knob? Better?
k.houan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #89
Manic
Is not fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.houan View Post
How exactly is it different than the anarchy motive knob? Better?
There are quite a few differences between the knobs:
1. Anarchy Motiv is stainless steel and weighs well over a pound whereas the Team Voodoo knob is aluminum and weighs slightly less than the stock knob.
2. Anarchy Motiv comes in a wide gambit of colors; Team Voodoo you have four choices I think?
3. Anarchy Motiv is much more expensive than the Team Voodoo knob.
4. Anarchy Motiv knob is larger overall, not just the weight, and it sits much higher when installed because the Team Voodoo knob has recessed threads.

I wouldn't really say one knob is better than the other because they're tailored to two different types of shifting. The Anarchy Motiv knob is an absolutely spectacular knob for people who want plush shifts with minimal effort. You'll rarely see the Anarchy knob vibrating as you idle because of the sheer mass. All you need to get the knob to fall into its gate is a swift nudge.

By contrast, the Team Voodoo knob is much better suited to people who prefer crisp feeling shifts. If you want to experience a taut shifter with no vagueness whatsoever, this is your knob. Satisfying clicks as you row through the gears. There's a bit more effort involved to work through the gears, but you never have to wonder which gate you're about to slide into.

I think both shift knobs are spectacular at what they're designed for. Ultimately, as my transmission broke in more, I found myself preferring a crisper feeling shifter over a smoother feeling one. And now that I've discovered the wonders of Engine Enamel Paint, I no longer have to worry about burnt hands or peeled off plasti dip!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #90
Norville Rogers
Banned

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just ordered the textured voodoo. Hadn't realised the £ to dollar rate was so bad atm!
Norville Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:01 PM   #91
MX-5RACER

Drives: 1999 Miata
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just got my VooDoo Magnum, in piano black.
Name:  C9F015FF-3BD9-49A5-BB9D-C8452EE0A079.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  325.7 KB
MX-5RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:49 AM   #92
wil5bart

Drives: '16 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That looks great. I will upgrade mine also once I'm done with my sound system.
wil5bart is offline   Reply With Quote