follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Wheels and Tires

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2020, 08:49 PM   #1
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Drives: Launch-Year Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
► APEX | 17” & 18” Forged EC-7R Wheel Group Buy

17” & 18” EC-7R Forged 86/BRZ & WRX Wheel Group Buy

8/20 Update: You guys did it! The top discount tier is officially unlocked!!
There are still a few days left for others to join the deal. Don't miss out.

Introducing our new EC-7R 5x100 forged wheels engineered specifically for your 86/BRZ & ‘11-‘14 WRX. The EC-7R offers performance driving enthusiasts, weekend track warriors, and W2W racers new functional and aesthetic features that build on existing APEX principles: Strong, lightweight, Affordable. These wheels were developed from the ground up in a variety of fitments to suit all types of drivers, and both 17” and 18” diameters will clear the factory Performance Package / TRD Brembo BBK with ease.

This first batch will ship late August, shortly after the deal ends. “Gang Up” to be among the first to receive our forged wheels at the deepest discount we’ll likely ever offer. As a bonus, participants can upgrade to our Polished and Brushed finishes for 50% off their normal premium.

Wheel & tire bundles are available with this group buy. Add tires with your group buy wheel order and get Free tire mounting and balancing by our trusted enthusiast technicians. We use high-end, touchless equipment and inspect every wheel and tire combo thoroughly before they leave our warehouse. Popular Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires & Nitto NT-01 r-compound tires are available.

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to - even if you’re the first participant. Pledging is risk free!

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?
Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GangUp.com where you can pay, follow, and discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?
Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GangUp.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?
No problem! You can simply contact us by clicking “Message Vendor” on the deal page or via groupbuys@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

Want to see how they look?
View Our EC-7R Gallery

Phone: 925.245.0773 | experts@apexwheels.com | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Blog

Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 03-11-2021 at 12:55 PM.
APEX Race Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
katai

Drives: 2017 BRZ with PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Have a hard decision between anthracite and satin black for my dark grey BRZ.
katai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:15 PM   #3
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by katai View Post
Have a hard decision between anthracite and satin black for my dark grey BRZ.
Appreciate your interest. Both of those wheel finishes would go well against a grey BRZ. Do you have any carbon fiber or black accents on the car that the black wheels would match up with?

We'll be posting several on-car photoshoots this week with the new EC-7R wheels which should help everyone get a better idea of what they look like mounted. We have a pretty killer offering of finish options with this release including brushed clear which is my personal favorite.

- Ryan

Phone: 925.245.0773 | experts@apexwheels.com | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Blog
Old 07-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,456 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Would love to see a series 10 car with anthracite and satin black... Hint Hint
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
APEX Race Parts (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 07:45 PM   #5
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Shoot Details
EC-7R 18x9.5" ET40 in Satin Gold
265/35-18 Michelin PS4S
Cusco Zero 3X coilovers
SPL rear lower control arms
Camber -2.8º F. / -2.4º R.

Shoot Details
EC-7R 17x9.5" ET40 in Anthracite
255/40-17 Nitto NT01
Red APEX center caps
CSG Spec Tein Flex A coilovers
Verus rear lower control arms
Camber -3º F. / -2º R.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #6
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Our friend Clint stopped by to test drive our new EC-7R 17x9.5" ET40 Anthracite and 18x9.5" ET40 Satin Gold wheels on his well sorted 2014 WRX. Check out the photos and the killer behind the scenes video he put together.

Shoot Details
EC-7R 18x9.5" ET40 in Satin Gold
Red APEX center caps
265/35-18 Michelin PS4S
ISC Race Coilovers
Camber -3º F. / -2.8º R.

Old 08-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #7
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

7 days left. Let's make them count!

With seven days left on the clock, now is the time to make your way from the interested list and transition to submitting your official pledge. We've got 29 enthusiasts interested in the deal, which means we have the potential to unlock the maximum discount tier today, but the gang needs everyone to come back and pledge to make it happen.

Although we advise against it, many people join our deals at the last minute. We’ll see many people rush and pledge in the final few days, which may lead to your preferred fitment or color preference selling out. To ensure you receive a set of our forged wheels in the fitment and finish you desire, take a moment, and submit your official pledge. Pledging is risk-free as your order will not be processed unless we reach your desired discount level.

Did you know?

All APEX Forged wheels feature paintless knurled beads. Knurling on race wheels isn’t new, and it’s becoming a commonly sought-after feature. The problem with knurling is that it varies in design and effectiveness. Some manufacturers may add knurling to their wheels just to check that feature box for marketing purposes, regardless of whether it accomplishes its intended purpose. Maintaining the effectiveness of our knurling was at the forefront of our minds when developing our new line of forged wheels. Click here to learn more.

- Ryan

Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 03-11-2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2020, 04:38 PM   #8
Gecko

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am currently rolling 100% stock when it comes to suspension. Which setup will fit my car in its stock state without too much poke when sticking to 17s. +35 or +42?
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:55 PM   #9
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
I am currently rolling 100% stock when it comes to suspension. Which setup will fit my car in its stock state without too much poke when sticking to 17s. +35 or +42?
Happy to help. Do you have the Performance Package suspension (Sachs struts)?

- Ryan

Old 08-18-2020, 06:14 PM   #10
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

With 6 days left to join in on the savings, we encourage you to pledge and spread the word on the forums and Facebook groups, or to any car buddies that may be interested in strong, forged wheels. As mentioned in previous updates, there is no risk in submitting your pledge now. If the group somehow does not unlock the discount tier that you chose as your minimum, your order will not be processed.

The Group Buy will be accepting new pledges up until 8/24 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 03-11-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:16 PM   #11
Plumbus
Señor Member

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
Happy to help. Do you have the Performance Package suspension (Sachs struts)?

- Ryan
Hey Ryan, I wanna ask the same question. My 17 brz has PP sachs and brembos. only interested in 17".
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:50 PM   #12
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbus View Post
Hey Ryan, I wanna ask the same question. My 17 brz has PP sachs and brembos. only interested in 17".
Thanks for your interest. We have two 17" fitment options that will work with the stock PP Sachs suspension; 17x9" ET42 & 17x9" ET35. Keep in mind the Sachs struts have a slightly larger silhouette in comparison to the non-Sachs struts, therefore there is slightly less inner clearance for wide front wheel and tire configurations.

Choosing between the two 17x9" fitments we offer all comes down to what tire size and model you plan to run, whether or not you plan to dial in any camber at the knuckle using camber bolts (this further diminishes clearance between the strut and the wheel/tire), and how flush you want your wheels to sit in relation to the fenders. We offer two 17x9" wheels with different offsets so that enthusiasts do not have to make any compromises.

* The following notes apply to enthusiasts with PP Sachs suspension *

The 17x9" ET42 sits 7mm closer to the suspension, which keeps the wheels nicely tucked under the front and rear fenders so that no negative camber or fender modifications are required with 245/40-17 tires (or 235/40-17). Most street oriented tires will fit including the popular Michelin PS4S, however, some compounds that run wide will get very close, or make contact with the front struts. If your plan is to run a track oriented compound that is known to run wider than your average street tire, it is better to go with the ET35 option for extra inner clearance.

The 17x9" ET35 sits 7mm closer to the fenders, which results in a very flush fitment and a lot of extra room on the inside towards the suspension. For enthusiasts planning to run 245/40-17 track oriented compounds, or any type of 255/40-17 tire, this is the better wheel to go with. The extra inner clearance is also advantageous for those that want to dial in camber at the knuckle using camber bolts.

You can also review our in-depth 86/BRZ wheel and tire fitment guide for more information: LINK

Let me know if you guys have any further questions!

- Ryan

The Following User Says Thank You to APEX Race Parts For This Useful Post:
Plumbus (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 12:00 AM   #13
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

You guys made it happen! We have officially unlocked the top discount tier!

There are still a few days left to join the deal. The savings is now guaranteed for anyone that joins the deal, so don't miss out.

- Ryan

Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 03-11-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:32 AM   #14
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
The 17x9" ET42 sits 7mm closer to the suspension, which keeps the wheels nicely tucked under the front and rear fenders so that no negative camber or fender modifications are required with 245/40-17 tires (or 235/40-17). Most street oriented tires will fit including the popular Michelin PS4S, however, some compounds that run wide will get very close, or make contact with the front struts. If your plan is to run a track oriented compound that is known to run wider than your average street tire, it is better to go with the ET35 option for extra inner clearance.

The 17x9" ET35 sits 7mm closer to the fenders, which results in a very flush fitment and a lot of extra room on the inside towards the suspension. For enthusiasts planning to run 245/40-17 track oriented compounds, or any type of 255/40-17 tire, this is the better wheel to go with. The extra inner clearance is also advantageous for those that want to dial in camber at the knuckle using camber bolts.
This is a legit battle I have in my head.. I normally run +35 but know Hoosier R7s can rub depending on spring rate (more so in the rear). On the flip side I need to eventually change front suspension parts (modify damper or replace with something to get me more camber) and then I worry about inside clearance. Not running OEM struts obviously so currently not worried about inside clearance either way.

Sigh. I still might switch my order around even though I like the weight savings of the +42s.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote