follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2020, 05:25 PM   #1
BenBRZ86

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headlights

Hey I have a 2013 BRZ, and for some reason both headlights stay on for 20 seconds and then turn off, I figure it isn’t the bulbs because of how rare for them to both go out at the same time. Any help/ suggestions ??
BenBRZ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That’s exactly what happens when I turn off the engine get out of the car and lock it. Headlights and tails turns of 20 seconds later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:48 PM   #3
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
It's a feature to lit your way when you come home. Mine uses DRL for that.
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Must be a BRZ thing, my '13 FRS has DRL but they turn off the moment I pull the ebrake, even when the engine is on.

Im pretty sure you can configure that stuff through some sort of tech steam type software. I'm not too familiar with that sort of software or how to do it, but the idea is it allows you to configure things that normally only the dealer can configure with their devices/software. I believe it is more detailed settings and whatnot than what you would see in something like torque.

Hopefully another forum member who is smarter than I will chime in with how to adjust these sort of things and what is involved.
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:13 PM   #5
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I'm sure the user's manual in the glovebox has many more exciting nuances for you! Like that your cigarette light blank fits the sound tube generator hole in the passenger footwell!
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:06 AM   #6
Busybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I'm sure the user's manual in the glovebox has many more exciting nuances for you! Like that your cigarette light blank fits the sound tube generator hole in the passenger footwell!

Did not get what you meant!

Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Old 01-09-2020, 03:01 AM   #7
korhun
Database error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busybee View Post
Did not get what you meant!

There is a little cap in the glovebox (12 volt socket). You can use that cap to close the hole on the passenger side (near the mats) That hole takes the engine intake sound into the cabin. So you cannot hear the sweet engine sound anymore.

I have no idea, why anybody who bought this car would do such a thing though. I've pull out the foam in that hole to hear some more engine sound, and I think it is way better like that

Anyway, return to OP question: Especially German cars sold in my country sell this feature for extra money (put it in the higher trims) And mention it as "leaving/coming home" function. It is interesting that Subaru has it and they don't mention about it. I couldn't find anything about it in the owners manual. It would have been better if the 20 sec time could me modified using the infotainment. How hard could it be to make an interface for that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
Busybee (01-09-2020), soundman98 (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 06:00 AM   #8
Busybee

Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by korhun View Post
There is a little cap in the glovebox (12 volt socket). You can use that cap to close the hole on the passenger side (near the mats) That hole takes the engine intake sound into the cabin. So you cannot hear the sweet engine sound anymore.

I have no idea, why anybody who bought this car would do such a thing though. I've pull out the foam in that hole to hear some more engine sound, and I think it is way better like that

Anyway, return to OP question: Especially German cars sold in my country sell this feature for extra money (put it in the higher trims) And mention it as "leaving/coming home" function. It is interesting that Subaru has it and they don't mention about it. I couldn't find anything about it in the owners manual. It would have been better if the 20 sec time could me modified using the infotainment. How hard could it be to make an interface for that?

That’s really interesting! I will check this immediately!

Here in the US most of the sales person also do not know much about these small details (at least the Subaru dealers I visited). Actually it’s really weird since Subaru does not have 10s of different models.
For example; When I bought my car the the tie down rubber lids that should be placed under the car were in the glow box. They never mentioned to me to put it on the car or did not put it themselves. I also did not pay attention for a long time. Just took them with the manual out from the glovebox and brought them home.

After 5000 miles when I was reading the training hand book And I saw them on a page and put them on the car.

Have been driving 5000 miles with a hole under the car )))

Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to Busybee For This Useful Post:
korhun (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 06:10 AM   #9
korhun
Database error

@Busybee

You might like this thread:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...ght=sound+tube

If you are happy with the sound tube off mode; you might remove the sound tube all together and gain a little bit of weight loss.. I love the intake sound of this car, so that's not what I want, but many people like that; maybe you like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
Busybee (01-09-2020)

Tags
headlights, hid, hid ballast