follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
Mic96

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Salt Lake City area shops - Turbo Kit

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but here goes...

I know someone who has a 2014 w/50k miles that is totally stock but wants more power and wants to get there with a turbo. He's done a SCCA track night with the car, and would probably do another once in a while, and I've suggested an autocross or two.
He'll be in the SLC area in the next few months and basically needs an every day driver turbo setup, installed, tuned and done right, that is easy to live with and same as stock daily driver reliable. He knows enough to be realistic about how much more power would be safe for a every day driver.

Any shops come to mind?

What little learning I've done so far tells me there are several supercharger options that would work well for him, but he wants a turbo. He wanted me to do a turbo kit but I don't want to hand him a car that he doesn't know anything about and then take it somewhere that might not have the right people to take care of it, if that make sense. I'd rather see him involved in the whole process than just having me hand him the car and then head to SLC.

Thanks for any advice.
Mic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:53 PM   #2
ybotspawn

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
No one else is chiming in so I will. I don't know SLC at all, but your post begs another questions. First, why is he not posting on here, rather than you? If he wants a turbo, how much power does he want? Understand that adding boost, no matter what, puts a dent into reliability. Why does he want turbo vs s/c? Does he want to run e85? Is he ok with eTunes? Has he called the usual suspects (CSGMike, IAG, Delicious Tuning, etc) Who has he called about this? I said this already, but why isn't he the one posting these questions?
ybotspawn is offline   Reply With Quote