follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2022, 12:13 PM   #15
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,254 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian628 View Post
Is there one good for not adding a ton of nvh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beats me LOL. I'm lowered 1.5 inches on tein flex z's and between the verus aggressive diffuser and my front lip, I'm constantly scraping every driveway and misshapen parking lot I enter

The axle angles on my car didn't really change all that much. There are some pretty bad pictures around here for people who've dropped so the tires are tucked behind the body lines and I don't know how they drive around without losing bumpers and smashing the frame rails.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wally86 For This Useful Post:
jeepmor (03-17-2022), SuperTom (03-27-2022), Tatsu333 (03-17-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 12:20 PM   #16
Christian628

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
Beats me LOL. I'm lowered 1.5 inches on tein flex z's and between the verus aggressive diffuser and my front lip, I'm constantly scraping every driveway and misshapen parking lot I enter

The axle angles on my car didn't really change all that much. There are some pretty bad pictures around here for people who've dropped so the tires are tucked behind the body lines and I don't know how they drive around without losing bumpers and smashing the frame rails.

I think I’m going to do 2 inches max after measuring. Going to get whiteline lower control arms to fix the camber and hopefully my axles wont be too bad.

Christian628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:27 PM   #17
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,254 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I think I’m going to do 2 inches max after measuring. Going to get whiteline lower control arms to fix the camber and hopefully my axles wont be too bad.

I'm not sure if the whitelines come with anything extra special but I got the SPCs and they look identical but in black. I read somewhere that the Moog ones they have on RockAuto are also identical for even less. Camber will do good things in the rear but toe will need to be addressed. You should have enough room in adjustment to most likely be okay.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:38 PM   #18
Christian628

Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
A friend runs silvers with a 255 squared RS4 setup.

Car feels great on the road, though he is maybe lowered 1 1/2 inches, 2 max.

Thank you!

Old 03-10-2022, 04:44 PM   #19
Christian628

Deciding on coilovers and springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLSP View Post
Not a lot of coilovers are engineered for a 2-3" drop (due to the negative consequences mentioned above), but you're already looking at some of the few brands that do. So if you're dead set on going that low...

The RS-R Black-i have had favourable reviews on this platform (not to be confused with their Sports-i model, which is the more performance-oriented/moderate lowering model). And rather than typical pillowball top mounts, they use urethane bushings in their top mounts, so they probably have less NVH than the others. They're made in Japan, always had a good reputation, and been around since the 1980's.

Some reviews on this platform:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49980

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show....php?p=1120073

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show....php?p=1423221

The Fortune Auto SuperLow Spec comes with Swift springs as standard...unless you're looking at the regular 500 Series. The 500 Series they may not achieve the 2-3" drop you're looking for (I've read they don't go very low on this platform). However, the SuperLow Spec seems to be new, haven't seen any reviews about them...

I briefly researched Silvers Neomax in the past and also didn't find any reviews for this platform. Only found reviews on other platforms and that they're made in Taiwan (probably by BC Racing as mentioned above). I also recall reading somewhere that they are a supplier for Fortune Auto.

Due to the lack of experience/reviews of Silvers Neomax on this platform, you might be the guinea pig too if you go this route. And worth contacting them to see if their standard kit can even lower this platform 2-3". And their site doesn't mention what the "Super Low Kit" option entails, so probably worth asking about that too.

Whether Swift springs are worth the upgrade are subjective on a car that doesn't see a track/hard driving...maybe if you're keeping the car/coilovers long-term? They've got a reputation for maintaining consistent spring rates and performance (reaction speeds and travel).

Got messaged about a set of used RSR sports with 8k miles on them. Im thinking about moving on them, but idk if buying used on this is a good idea or not. The adjustment range on them would keep me out of trouble with breaking stuff lmao. What would a decent price to get them for be?

Old 03-10-2022, 05:34 PM   #20
NLSP

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Got messaged about a set of used RSR sports with 8k miles on them. Im thinking about moving on them, but idk if buying used on this is a good idea or not. The adjustment range on them would keep me out of trouble with breaking stuff lmao. What would a decent price to get them for be?

Sent you a private message.
NLSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:37 PM   #21
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
I don't know how they drive around without losing bumpers and smashing the frame rails.
I'm missing a lot of inner fender liner in the front
Wally86 (03-13-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 07:07 PM   #22
RippedManiac
Jedi

Drives: Pikachu BRZ
Imo buy new. All springs age and warp differently. Buddy's driveway could be sloped or the parking spot isnt even. Depends on your goals, I suggest to focus more on the weight of the spring. 8k springs like bc racing brs or hks hipermax sp is meant for track and it starts to get really brutal for daily. Took me a while to get over how stiff the car rode after. If youre just chasing fitment and dont really care about performance tein flex z are good budget option with lots of adjustment. Get ready to spend hella dough on LCAs and other fitment related mods. Fortune500 are solid too.
RippedManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:27 PM   #23
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Here come the bump stops. Know a guy who ran autox, track and commuted his. He kept the OEM suspension specs within millimeters for height even though he ran coils and many more mods to provide wider camber adjustment range.

He turbo'd it to 275whp and bought wider wheels and larger diameter tires. It looked lowered as it took care of the wheel well gap look. He had to retard timing in first and second to keep from breaking loose too easily with good summer tires like the Advan AOD8s I bought from him in stock sizes.

Just sharing why I'll stick with near stock height. I'd lower an inch myself for a try, that's about it. As low as OP started thinking, that seems like airbag zone to me.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote