follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2020, 04:42 PM   #1
pakunodafie

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clunking noise in uneven road. Please Help.

Hello Guys, It's started last week. I have a clunking noise on my rear driver side, At first I thought only personal things on the trunk making the noise. But today I sorted out, Removed everything in the trunk, spare tire, jacks, stands and secure all seatbelts. Tries to run it in the parking lot and unfortunately the clunking noise is still there.

When the car is turned off and I give force up and down at the rear there is still a clunking noise.

When the car is on drive and in uneven road rear side of the car having a clunking noise. Here is the audio recorded a while ago.

While car is turn off.
Audio file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DtO...w?usp=drivesdk

When driving low speed: (noticable after acceleration, and gas is not pressed)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dw0...w?usp=drivesdk

Please help guys. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pakunodafie; 10-12-2020 at 12:13 AM.
pakunodafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:14 AM   #2
pakunodafie

bunp
Old 10-12-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
That sounds like something is loose. You can access nearly every rear suspension bolt without jacking up the car. Grab a 1/2" socket wrench and get started.

Be sure to also check the nuts in the trunk and do not overtighten them.

You will need a pass-through wrench + allen wrench to tighten down the rear shock nuts without spinning the shock shaft if that is loose. One nut per side, see pic below.

norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:44 AM   #4
pakunodafie

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalpb View Post
That sounds like something is loose. You can access nearly every rear suspension bolt without jacking up the car. Grab a 1/2" socket wrench and get started.

Be sure to also check the nuts in the trunk and do not overtighten them.

You will need a pass-through wrench + allen wrench to tighten down the rear shock nuts without spinning the shock shaft if that is loose. One nut per side, see pic below.

That would help a lot, Thanks Ill check with garage later and tell the to do this. Hopes that solve my clunking issues.