follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-28-2019, 08:39 PM   #253
AJ32162

Drives: 2019 BRZ with Performance Package
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busybee View Post
You are completely right! I wish I got your message before I had the experience 2 days ago with the dealer. Let me tell!

I asked for a quote from 10 dealers for a breakdown of all fees, taxes, and options I want. 5 of them replied, one with the best deal ($ 29,890, the white BRZ). The one with the best deal gave me the numbers during our email traffic. So my last email was asking the confirmation of the OTD (price, taxes, fees, and options) and she said its approximately right. I trusted them and sent the other dealers this price and asked them if they can beat it so I will give them my business. One of them (the Blue BRZ) responded that they might beat it without the options (they asked 600 for option) and they asked for the quote from the other. I scratched the dealer and sale person's name on the email and sent it to them (I should do what you suggested, not sending the email conversation).

They replied by saying that the dealer is saying approximately, I have only email conversation and most probably that price will change when I enter the shop. I felt bad and turned back and ask the other dealer to provide an original quote with the breakdown of everything.
No response. Sent another email no response.

I called them and the manager told me that the person I had all email traffic has the day off. She also told me that it was not the OTD price and the options were not included in the price. She said that the person was a new starter and that they do not give OTD price online (while others easily do). Best price is in store. I was so confused. How can someone lie so easily for something I had already confirmed. If the online sale rep is new why did she not transfer a serious buyer to a more experienced rep! So I did not go further and closed after thanking them.

Now, I am stuck. The dealer with the Blue BRZ was right! I have no clue how to proceed because I know they (blue bRZ) will not drop their price anymore (I don't have the best deal anymore).

Any suggestions on how to knock the door of the Blue BRZ dealer?

Meanwhile, it was Stateline Subaru in MA who wanted me to trap in the store.

Thanks

BRZs tend to sit on dealer lots for a LONG time, at least here in Florida. That being said some dealers will work with you on price and some will not. You just need to find an "honest" dealer that is willing to work with you and will honor the OTD price he stated. I ONLY purchase new cars with an email confirmation of the OTD price. If they won't honor their own email quote I'd walk away...never happened to me.

My most recent purchase was actually slightly less than the OTD price quoted in the dealer's email. The sales contract was prepared when I arrived, I reviewed the contract, wrote the finance manager a check, completed the remaining paperwork in about 30 minutes and drove away.

Time haggling with a dealer over price literally costs me money. I just don't have that luxury...to me time IS money. Maybe you could get a better price in person, I don't know. But, to me if the lowest quoted price seems fair (based on dealer invoice and manufacturer holdbacks), I accept the offer.

Last edited by AJ32162; 03-28-2019 at 09:24 PM.
AJ32162 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AJ32162 For This Useful Post:
Busybee (03-28-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 12:16 AM   #254
fxo

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ32162 View Post
BRZs tend to sit on dealer lots for a LONG time, at least here in Florida. That being said some dealers will work with you on price and some will not. You just need to find an "honest" dealer that is willing to work with you and will honor the OTD price he stated. I ONLY purchase new cars with an email confirmation of the OTD price. If they won't honor their own email quote I'd walk away...never happened to me.
This is very true I was going to buy a BRZ from Chandler AZ Subaru Superstore, great staff but the manager said no to the price, which was quite low (below MSRP). Quite odd, the Sales Rep who was one of the very senior guys there was apologetic, and we left friends. Learned that managers and sales staff are always not on the same page.

The car is still for sale about 1 year on the lot. Interesting experience.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=204460255
fxo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fxo For This Useful Post:
Busybee (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 01:05 AM   #255
mooredge

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxo View Post
This is very true I was going to buy a BRZ from Chandler AZ Subaru Superstore, great staff but the manager said no to the price, which was quite low (below MSRP). Quite odd, the Sales Rep who was one of the very senior guys there was apologetic, and we left friends. Learned that managers and sales staff are always not on the same page.

Yeah I think the manager basically gets final say on the price. From my experience the sales person representing you and the manager kind of play this good cop, bad cop game where one has your back and the other is trying to screw you on price. However, that's not too say you can't find a good deal and a sales manager that is willing to give you a deal.

I purchased my BRZ Limited about a week ago and had a very positive experience. I had been talking with two dealerships trying to get the best price and had emailed an online quote of $25,000 to another dealership asking them if they could beat that price. A few hours later the internet sales manager calls me on the phone and basically says look, let's stop playing games, I'll sell this car to you for $24,000 or $26,500 OTD. That was a sweet deal in my book so I bought it. When I went to buy he didn't screw around and honored his price no questions asked.
mooredge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mooredge For This Useful Post:
g e (04-26-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 09:40 AM   #256
AJ32162

Drives: 2019 BRZ with Performance Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxo View Post

The Sales Manager ALWAYS has the final say when it comes to the selling price. That's why he IS the Sales Manager. The "good cop, bad cop" routine is standard SOP. Contrary to what the dealer would have you believe, no one has your back when is comes to purchasing a car, no one. Some people tend to forget that the Sales Rep. and the Sales and Finance Managers are all on the same team. All of which try to get you to part with as much money as possible.
AJ32162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #257
Sgaldi

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Premium
2018 black BRZ premium, 32 OTD (for everything tax interest GAP and all the other coverage plans ect.)
Sgaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #258
atomicalex

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited Perf Pack
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
2018 Perf Pack, I think it was $28 600 after my coupons - one for supplier and one for $500 for Auto Show.

If you might have access to a supplier coupon, it is such a good thing - usually $500 under invoice and no haggling.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:33 PM   #259
Jdmuscle

Drives: Supra, Viper, Z06, GT350 and GX460
Jeez.. best price I’m getting on a 18 is around 27.8k for a limited with Performance package. Anyone have any leads for a white 6spd manual limited with performance pkg?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 PM   #260
AllThePeat

Drives: 2019 Autox BRZ & 2021 GTI (Daily)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Lyfted from Milwaukee to north Chicago to purchase a 19 BRZ Premium for $24.6k cash OTD. Drove the long way home! No warranties or extras and off the showroom floor which was nice — no joyrides. When I test drove I took it easy and the guy riding with was surprised — I told him this shit isn’t ready to be beat on yet; she’s still cold!

Had a 13 FRS when these first came out — love the upgrades with this new one — especially transmission/gearing.
AllThePeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:51 AM   #261
juenedgi

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ with PP
Garage
I was able to get a great deal for my new BRZ. Here are the specs:

Model year: 2018
Trim: Limited
Color: Ice Silver Metallic
Upgrades/Options: Performance Package, Popular Package #2
Price Paid (before TTL): 23,500
Dealership/Geographical Area: Los Angeles
juenedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:27 AM   #262
Jdmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by juenedgi View Post

Wow.. that’s a great deal. Do they have any white BRZs?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #263
juenedgi

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ with PP
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmuscle View Post
Wow.. that’s a great deal. Do they have any white BRZs?
I was actually looking for a white one, but to no avail. I'll keep an eye out for one.
Btw, you got an awesome lineup of cars!
juenedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to juenedgi For This Useful Post:
Jdmuscle (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #264
Jdmuscle

Quote:
I was actually looking for a white one, but to no avail. I'll keep an eye out for one.
Btw, you got an awesome lineup of cars!
Thanks man.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #265
Chikna

Drives: 2018 BRZ TS 244/500
Quote:

Awesome price. I paid $30K (before TTL) for white tS Houston.
Chikna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #266
TeeJayHoward

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited
Model year: 2019
Type of Purchase: Finance
Color: Dark Grey Metallic
Options: Performance Package, Wheel Locks, Mirror Compass w/ Homelink, Cargo Tray, LED Dome Light
Price Paid (before TTL): $28,009
Dealership/Geographical Area: Heuberger Subaru, Colorado Springs, CO

MSRP: $31,309 including $1,779 in options
Invoice: $28,618 including $1,437 in options

Sale price: $30360.09 including $2351.09 in tax
Registration fee: $27.20
Dealer document fee: $489
Total: $30,876.29

So a couple hundred under invoice, and the dealer got a couple hundred in fees from me. No trade-in or down payment to make my number look better. Just some honest numbers. The actual dealer cost is a bit higher thanks to $885 destination fee, even though the $573 dealer holdback helps out. Then there's whatever advertising incentives, floor plan incentives, monthly sales incentives, etc, are going on. All in all, though, I walked out happy.
TeeJayHoward is offline   Reply With Quote