follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 03-28-2022, 06:27 PM   #701
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Did you get an actual date? My 2022 BRZ arrived 1 week after the date they originally projected. They also idled the plant for a week before it was built so their initial projection was bang on, even in 2021. FWIW, is was pretty much 12 weeks on the dot from the time I got the date.
You are the exception not the rule these days. The point I was making was simply that the dealerships and sales staff are not just d1cking people around. The system is in shambles and what applies one day may not the next. Even with Subaru!
Yoshoobaroo (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 07:16 PM   #702
autosenses

Drives: 22 Raven 86, 19 STI, 15MK7 SE daily
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
At my original dealer I did not put down a deposit but I'm still the 1st. This 2nd dealer I put a refundable deposit on Friday.

The way the salesman explained allocations/order- every 1st and last day of the month Toyota gives out their allocations similar to the cars they spec'ed. Dealer confirms then they get ordered. He also asked for my top 3 choice in color. Neptune, Black, White.

But, who really knows.

I'm hoping for mid late summer.
autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:11 AM   #703
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowen0fpts View Post
They are fake deposits. Trust me don't be jealous. Find my post on the first page. And people are actually trying to argue against it lmao.

Imagine being this dumb on the forums, I'm surprised you're not banned yet, you are literally simply speaking to those that are uninformed dealers.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:44 PM   #704
Rustyoid

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
The previous production run, SHIPPED TO CANADA, is now docking @ vancouver port
Rustyoid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustyoid For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 05:06 PM   #705
PorscheUnlimited16

Drives: 2016 Porsche Gt4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Code:
eta: { currFromDate: "2022-04-06", currToDate: "2022-04-11" }
holdStatus: "DealerHold"
isPreSold: true

What does this mean??!
PorscheUnlimited16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:13 PM   #706
Rustyoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Imagine being this dumb on the forums, I'm surprised you're not banned yet, you are literally simply speaking to those that are uninformed dealers.
LOL that guy is an idiot!

sames as that 4doorsmorewhores guy on reddit he was quoting LOL!
Old 03-29-2022, 05:57 PM   #707
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
LOL that guy is an idiot!

sames as that 4doorsmorewhores guy on reddit he was quoting LOL!
He's actually, right, though as to Toyotas isn't he? For Toyotas, dealers take deposits in hopes that they get an allocation that matches your request which they can then sell to you.

For BRZ's, they take your deposit and the dealer orders a car then and there (if they can) after which you have a car assigned to you and which matches up with your deposit.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CincyJohn For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 06:06 PM   #708
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyJohn View Post
He's actually, right, though as to Toyotas isn't he? For Toyotas, dealers take deposits in hopes that they get an allocation that matches your request which they can then sell to you.

For BRZ's, they take your deposit and the dealer orders a car then and there (if they can) after which you have a car assigned to you and which matches up with your deposit.
Toyota has ten times the dealers that Subaru does. This means that often when you order something they can simply get what you want from another dealer. They don't have as much need to factory order as Subaru does. This was how I managed to snag the last new MT Hakone in the country. They just had it shipped over from another dealer.
Also I am not so sure about this whole "can't order" thing anyway. I know two people that have ordered cars to their spec from dealerships. Unfortunately both are in the middle of long waits until their orders hit he manufacturing que. We are in no better shape waiting for my wife's ordered Subaru though.
Dadhawk (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 08:37 PM   #709
Chan

Drives: 2022 Toyota GR86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheUnlimited16 View Post
Code:
eta: { currFromDate: "2022-04-06", currToDate: "2022-04-11" }
holdStatus: "DealerHold"
isPreSold: true

What does this mean??!
From my experience DealerHold means that it’s reserved for someone. Mine didn’t have the presold set to true. Some dealers may use that field differently. ETA means that it’s supposed to show up within that time range. In the grand scheme it’s up to the dealer on how they want to use those fields though. The 2 that I had reserved the dealer flipped them to DealerHold but there’s a dealer about 50 miles away that doesn’t bother to change the field and then that leads to them getting a million calls for cars that are already reserved…
Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:37 AM   #710
CincyJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Toyota has ten times the dealers that Subaru does. This means that often when you order something they can simply get what you want from another dealer. They don't have as much need to factory order as Subaru does. This was how I managed to snag the last new MT Hakone in the country. They just had it shipped over from another dealer.
Also I am not so sure about this whole "can't order" thing anyway. I know two people that have ordered cars to their spec from dealerships. Unfortunately both are in the middle of long waits until their orders hit he manufacturing que. We are in no better shape waiting for my wife's ordered Subaru though.
Semantics I guess. But I do think there is a difference in taking a deposit simply hoping that you can fulfill the order request and taking a deposit, ordering the vehicle, and giving the deposit-holder a VON (and then a VIN).

In my case, I did in fact "order" my GR86 to my exact specs (including all options) - but that is only because I went through the employee/vendor portal. I had the VIN a day or two after it was built and was able to follow it's progress through that portal. I even got to choose the local dealer I wanted it shipped to (scheduled to be delivered this Friday or Saturday). The sales price is set - they can only add a few limited things. I think they are probably going to add a $299 doc fee which is ridiculous in and of itself (under the program, they are only supposed to add their gas cost and local advertising costs) but if that is all they try to pull, I will let it go.

Already told them not to do anything other than required dealer check-list stuff. Don't remove any protective films inside or out. Don't wash and don't drill any license plate holes (god forbid they might drill the front even though Ohio doesn't even have a front license plate requirement anymore).

On that last point, my understanding is that since the rear plates are now in the plastic bumper, there are just orientation "dimples" and that they are attached with self-tapping screws/bolts. I assume if I ask the dealer will give me what they would have used but would like a more elegant/attractive solution if possible. Any suggestions?
Old 03-30-2022, 10:47 AM   #711
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
On that last point, my understanding is that since the rear plates are now in the plastic bumper, there are just orientation "dimples" and that they are attached with self-tapping screws/bolts. I assume if I ask the dealer will give me what they would have used but would like a more elegant/attractive solution if possible. Any suggestions?
I asked here already and got no answer. I looked into drilling holes to install plastic inserts that would take screws, or using rubber wellnuts. I just don't know where to get quality wellnuts at.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:11 AM   #712
Rustyoid

Quote:
Semantics I guess. But I do think there is a difference in taking a deposit simply hoping that you can fulfill the order request and taking a deposit, ordering the vehicle, and giving the deposit-holder a VON (and then a VIN).

In my case, I did in fact "order" my GR86 to my exact specs (including all options) - but that is only because I went through the employee/vendor portal. I had the VIN a day or two after it was built and was able to follow it's progress through that portal. I even got to choose the local dealer I wanted it shipped to (scheduled to be delivered this Friday or Saturday). The sales price is set - they can only add a few limited things. I think they are probably going to add a $299 doc fee which is ridiculous in and of itself (under the program, they are only supposed to add their gas cost and local advertising costs) but if that is all they try to pull, I will let it go.

Already told them not to do anything other than required dealer check-list stuff. Don't remove any protective films inside or out. Don't wash and don't drill any license plate holes (god forbid they might drill the front even though Ohio doesn't even have a front license plate requirement anymore).

OEM mudflaps require drilling as well if you're concerned about holes
Old 03-30-2022, 11:44 AM   #713
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
I asked here already and got no answer. I looked into drilling holes to install plastic inserts that would take screws, or using rubber wellnuts. I just don't know where to get quality wellnuts at.
There's dozens of listings for well nuts on Amazon.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:28 PM   #714
CincyJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
OEM mudflaps require drilling as well if you're concerned about holes
Not concerned with drilling per se. Did a lot of it (mostly interior) on the 2020 BRZ. I just wanted to see if anyone had come up with a more elegant/better solution. Not really worried for myself (given I don't plan on changing the rear license plate very many times, if at all) - but hard to imagine that the only thought given to installing the license plate is "grab a couple of wood screws."