follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Brakes, Suspension, Chassis

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #1
Thrustin

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, 2013 Focus ST
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Eibach R1 Coilivers rusty/busted/cheap

SOLD!!!!!!

Recently, I purchased these from a member here. They were described as "in good working order" (see thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68480 ). They were rusty and all of the adjustment rings were seized up. I should've sent them back upon initial inspection. I suppose the rest is my fault.

I got the rings free on a couple of corners, but the rear/drivers damper have out before the rings. The magic juice came out.

The status of the coils are as follow.

Front/driver: free and working
Front/curb: bottom ring seized
Rear driver: rings seized/damper fucked
Rear curb: rings seized

I don't really know what these are worth at this point.

LOWER PRICE: Sold!

Last edited by Thrustin; 08-27-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: pics
Old 08-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Thrustin

bump, lol

Don't want this broken, rusty pile of crap? Neither do I.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
btoast

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I'm a bit confused. The last post of the original sale thread was on 07-14-2014, where the seller stated they were still available. Even if you purchased them that day, and he shipped them to you the following day, it still would have taken a few days to get to you (from Delaware to Ohio).

So, by my quick analysis you've had these less than a month (and only a couple of weeks when you first posted on 08-06-2014) and you are willing to take a financial hit on an item that appears to have been poorly described and, quite honestly, a blatant rip-off if the damage to the coils are as you describe.

This is really none of my business, but why on earth did you not complain to the seller and request a refund? Even if you let them sit for a couple of weeks before looking at them you could have contacted the seller. If you payed with Paypal you have 30 days (or maybe it's 45) to file a complaint to get your money back.

I don't know how much you paid for these, but the original seller was last asking for $1,000. Even if you got him down, you are now asking $600 OBO -- a considerable loss that, if everything you say about the coils are true, should not be your loss.

That's just my $0.02 on something that is not my business, but I don't like to see members on here get jipped. We need trust for the classifieds to work. While I have not been on here long, I have already seen several instances where members have gotten the shaft. It's not good for the community and especially not good for those that get ripped-off as they are less inclined to participate in the community after loosing trust in it.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
celica73

Drives: '13 BRZ / '11 Outback / '06 Tundra
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
used car parts, buyer beware. Sucks but true.

Free bump.
The Following User Says Thank You to celica73 For This Useful Post:
Thrustin (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #5
Thrustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoast View Post
I'm a bit confused. The last post of the original sale thread was on 07-14-2014, where the seller stated they were still available. Even if you purchased them that day, and he shipped them to you the following day, it still would have taken a few days to get to you (from Delaware to Ohio).

So, by my quick analysis you've had these less than a month (and only a couple of weeks when you first posted on 08-06-2014) and you are willing to take a financial hit on an item that appears to have been poorly described and, quite honestly, a blatant rip-off if the damage to the coils are as you describe.

This is really none of my business, but why on earth did you not complain to the seller and request a refund? Even if you let them sit for a couple of weeks before looking at them you could have contacted the seller. If you payed with Paypal you have 30 days (or maybe it's 45) to file a complaint to get your money back.

I don't know how much you paid for these, but the original seller was last asking for $1,000. Even if you got him down, you are now asking $600 OBO -- a considerable loss that, if everything you say about the coils are true, should not be your loss.

That's just my $0.02 on something that is not my business, but I don't like to see members on here get jipped. We need trust for the classifieds to work. While I have not been on here long, I have already seen several instances where members have gotten the shaft. It's not good for the community and especially not good for those that get ripped-off as they are less inclined to participate in the community after loosing trust in it.

I should've sent them back immediately. Instead, I tried to get the rings loose and chalk up the rusty coilovers as my fault, as I did not ask for better/more pics. That, and I figured they'd still work fine, and I wanted them on my car, lol. The damper gave out when attempting to unseize the driver/rear rings. It's ultimately my fault, even though the fellow I got the coils from was misleading (to say the least) in his description of the items. A PayPal claim was filed and denied, based on his testimony that the coilovers were on his car and "worked fine".

I imagine it'd be $200-$300 to get the rears rebuilt, but who knows. Make an offer, if you want some busted up coils, lol.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
Thrustin

Lower asking price. $500/make offer

Closed Thread