follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 09-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #57
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
I think the reason why it became a choice was for those who had an issue. I'm pretty certain its part of the kit now.
Yes Don, thanks for repeating my point. people who already had the kit have to pay a fee...... Is it so hard to understand?

It's not a choice. People who had issues and want to correct them have to pay, period.

Sorry if this posts has mistakes, I'm on the phone!
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #58
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdansharpe View Post
Hey all, after a long arduous summer of attempting to get a safe reliable e-tune, I give up. A reliable car is all I want. My car is for sale and I'm parting out all aftermarket bits. Take advantage of serious savings:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...10#post1187710
You really should contact another tuner, it maybe like 300 more bucks, but fa20club and I think moto-mike would do you solid, also contact FBM I know they have tunes for their kits for free, and it solved issues with another car I know of who was using visconti before.
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
Nightbringer (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #59
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
You really should contact another tuner, it maybe like 300 more bucks, but fa20club and I think moto-mike would do you solid, also contact FBM I know they have tunes for their kits for free, and it solved issues with another car I know of who was using visconti before.
Seconded that, but sounds like he's found a brzedit solution locally. Glad OP's staying in the game. Would've been unfortunate if he parted everything out just from one bad vendor. :\
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #60
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
Seconded that, but sounds like he's found a brzedit solution locally. Glad OP's staying in the game. Would've been unfortunate if he parted everything out just from one bad vendor. :\
This is great news, and I look forward to hearing his results.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #61
itdansharpe

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanks for the support guys, appreciate it. In part, it's helped my decision to persevere on. I am in touch with a local tuner that is, from what I gather, knowledgeable in the most basic of car tuning elements, like what AFR means, and how it is supposed to be around or just below the stoichiometric value of 14.7. I am also pretty sure he has an understanding of engine timing as he stated that once he found the maximum safe values he will back it off slightly to make a nice safe reliable tune... not 53 degrees of advance because *someone* forgot to turn on the knock sensor... I digress.

One things for certain, if I enjoy how fast my car is with 214whp/226lb.ft, I CAN'T wait to see what this can do with a real tune.
New: 2014 6MT Asphalt Rota Titan 17x9, RS-3 V2, Skunk2 Pro-C, Eibach Sway Bars, Password:JDM Strut Tower Bar, Perrin MCB, StopTech Stainless Lines, Hawk HP+, Nameless 3" Exhaust, VG Sharkfin, FIVE:AD Spoiler, DDM Tuning HID's 5k, HID
Old: 2013 6AT Boosted Firestorm..
itdansharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itdansharpe For This Useful Post:
charged86 (09-19-2013), Sportsguy83 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #62
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Based on other results I've seen from those who have switched to competent vendors such as FA20Club, people have picked up 30-40 whp without much effort on similar builds. The actual driving experience though I'd wager will be the notable improvement. Peak output only means so much, but when you get that crisp responsiveness from perfect ignition timing and AFR...that's when the car becomes truly enjoyable, regardless of power. Keep us posted on how things progress!
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightbringer For This Useful Post:
crook (09-06-2013)

Tags
#you guys are all idiots!, ain't no carbecue, butt dyno is science, free refund party!!!, fuck visconti, looks good!, rich is john, rich-jv's bitch, the visconti saga part 4, tune looks good, v-tune never has knock, viscontifried, viscontinued, what is timing?, you got viscontid'!!