follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2016, 01:51 AM   #15
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,795 Times in 16,418 Posts
Mentioned: 707 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nl View Post
My car is small enough and the spots are big enough that as long as she is actually in her spot, her door won't reach mine. Her door hit mine HARD - and she knew she hit it - she just said she didn't see the damage. .............................If I saw those on a car, I would probably purposely hit it. Just saying.
Well, now, you might just consider putting something like that on your car, on one side, when you are parked next to her in the parking garage.

My military training taught me that the best defense is a good offense.

However, my civilian life experiences, has taught me that SOMETIMES, the best defense is to strengthen your defenses.

I suggest you buy that elderly lady a dozen red roses and ask her to be extra careful when she parks next to your car, because your car is very special to you .......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:59 AM   #16
3nl

Drives: 2015 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, now, you might just consider putting something like that on your car, on one side, when you are parked next to her in the parking garage.

My military training taught me that the best defense is a good offense.

However, my civilian life experiences, has taught me that SOMETIMES, the best defense is to strengthen your defenses.

I suggest you buy that elderly lady a dozen red roses and ask her to be extra careful when she parks next to your car, because your car is very special to you .......

humfrz

Let me guess, the roses should say "love humfrz" too ? You aren't being too subtle here so let me make it clear, I am not going to ask the old girl out for you...

My wife does geriatric primary care and told me that if I do or say anything that might suggest that I think she isn't independent (even while her bumped is embedded in the wall), she will most likely get really angry and make my life diffuclt. I think putting those on my car counts for that...

You may have helped defeat the Kaiser, but she battles cranky old people dozens of times per day.

Oh yeah, this is what she did a couple of months ago:

(There are storage units behind that wall - someones shit got run into by her car through the wall)
3nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #17
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Reminds me of this clip for some reason

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXSCgk7IFgs"]CAR CRASH OFFICE SPACE - YouTube[/ame]

Quote:
Let me guess, the roses should say "love humfrz" too ? You aren't being too subtle here so let me make it clear, I am not going to ask the old girl out for you...

My wife does geriatric primary care and told me that if I do or say anything that might suggest that I think she isn't independent (even while her bumped is embedded in the wall), she will most likely get really angry and make my life diffuclt. I think putting those on my car counts for that...

You may have helped defeat the Kaiser, but she battles cranky old people dozens of times per day.

(There are storage units behind that wall - someones shit got run into by her car through the wall)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #18
3nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Reminds me of this clip for some reason

Much more like this clip actually: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzGTOumADn8"]Kids Crash dads 07 Brand new Mustang - YouTube[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to 3nl For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #19
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
LOL! I remember this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #20
humfrz

Quote:

Oh, well, @3nl , have it your way. Just don't come back whining if that grumpy, nasty, vindictive, old woman, pries open your gas cap door and puts sugar in your gas tank; carves nasty words in your windows with her diamond ring; jams potatoes in your tail pipes; drips nail polish remover all over your hood and props knitting needles up against your tires ........

Think about it ....... all those things she has in her possession ........

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
3nl (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #21
3nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Oh, well, @3nl , have it your way. Just don't come back whining if that grumpy, nasty, vindictive, old woman, pries open your gas cap door and puts sugar in your gas tank; carves nasty words in your windows with her diamond ring; jams potatoes in your tail pipes; drips nail polish remover all over your hood and props knitting needles up against your tires ........

Think about it ....... all those things she has in her possession ........

humfrz
More like call the building manager every time I make any noise, complain I have too many guests over, and not give a shit about hitting my car again - just your general grumpy old lady stuff. Plus, I'm friends with her son and don't want to hear him give me grief for being mean to his poor old mom.

You are just trying to bait me into buying those things which will make me look stupid and make her really sad. Though, that would be some amazing trolling - driving her into your comforting arms and making me look stupid all at once.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #22
humfrz

Quote:

You are just trying to bait me into buying those things which will make me look stupid and make her really sad. Though, that would be some amazing trolling - driving her into your comforting arms and making me look stupid all at once.
Yep, you uncovered my plan. Make you look stupid, so she cuts you out of her inheritance and comes to me, where I will manage her fortune, that she is keeping hid........

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
3nl (03-09-2016)

Tags
paint, repairs