follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
Nicolas0esp1

Drives: Stock Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Arrow Plasti Dip?

I have an asphalt scion frs and i was thinking of plati-diping the rims orange and maybe the handles and the side mirrors. IDK how it would look and if anybody had their cars rims plati-dipped orange can they plz take a pic and post it here i would like to see how it would look. I also wanted to know if anybody had plasti-dipped car part of some sort for over a year... would it be impossible to remove?
Nicolas0esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
STV3
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas0esp1 View Post
I have an asphalt scion frs and i was thinking of plati-diping the rims orange and maybe the handles and the side mirrors. IDK how it would look and if anybody had their cars rims plati-dipped orange can they plz take a pic and post it here i would like to see how it would look. I also wanted to know if anybody had plasti-dipped car part of some sort for over a year... would it be impossible to remove?
First off I think that will look extremely tacky and out right atrocious, but to each their own. With that said though since it is plasty dip you can easily remove it if you don't like it.

As long as you do it properly and make sure lay down a good 3 coats you shouldn't have any issues peeling it off a year from now. If you apply it too thin then it will come off in small pieces and become a major pita.
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to STV3 For This Useful Post:
Nicolas0esp1 (01-25-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
khan

Drives: FRS 10 Series
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Here is white fr-s with orange dipped wheels: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=900864

And so far what I have read, plasti dip should come off easily regardless of the time length. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong though. I had plasti dip on parts of the bumper for three months. Came clean when I took it off.
khan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to khan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
aSaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas0esp1 View Post
I've had plastidip on another car for like 2 years now, and it peels really easily. BUT WARNING. I've seen some members on this forum where the plastidip kind of corroded the paint and left a tint of the colour of the dip on the car, so be careful especially when you are using a bright colour because it'll look like shit for sure if it tints onto your body parts. I dipped my stock rims black and red and the red is on top of the black so even if it tints, its just black tinting, I've never seen problems with the black dip, all the ones I've seen are the coloured ones.

aSaki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aSaki For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
dxero

Drives: 13 BRZ Sport Tech WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Got some pics of these on your ride?
dxero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
subyboy

Drives: 13' swp brz limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i have my wheels plasti dipped orange to get a bright orange you will need to spray white under the orange just an fyi if u wanna see pics look at my build thread
subyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
aSaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxero View Post
Got some pics of these on your ride?
I never mounted them after I dipped it. I only have this pic

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Attached Images