follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #1723
Bongertz

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpac View Post
yes should be good. been using blaze from start. +5000kms now.
i was just confused with people mixing it up, so blaze all the way? no chirping right? btw does the rhino lip really work?? i still think that when you scrape it still somehow affects the bumper lol thankyou!

Last edited by Bongertz; 11-07-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Bongertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1724
pearlhatchiroku

Drives: pearl white eighty six
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
question guys, if your going FI like say getting the greddy tuner kit do u still need to get the ecutek or do u just go to tuners who does ecutek tuning like speedworks? i know the avo comes bundled with it but that just their basic tuning right? u canot alter the program so u still have to go to tuners to tune it if lets say u increase the boost or somthing?

TIA
@pcuerpo if u can just do away with the stock muffs for the meantime then just get the FI exhaust muff when your about ready to go FI seems to be a good idea, para hindi doble gastos, iv had a lot of experiences before with my other cars na doble doble gastos, waste of money and time also, thats why now im more cautious, doing the planning for what i really want with the car, goalwise, as supposed to before na burn lng ng burn hehe
pearlhatchiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #1725
andrewFT86

Drives: dark grey metallic Toyota 86 MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhatchiroku View Post
question guys, if your going FI like say getting the greddy tuner kit do u still need to get the ecutek or do u just go to tuners who does ecutek tuning like speedworks? i know the avo comes bundled with it but that just their basic tuning right? u canot alter the program so u still have to go to tuners to tune it if lets say u increase the boost or somthing?

TIA
Two sides of the coin. Custom vs canned tune.

If the kit does not have local support, official dealer, have I tuned by a tuner. Cutom tunes are usually the best.

With the AVO kit, the base tune can be had with an EcuTeK license. It's great already and is a perfect plug and play. Updates can also be provided for future mods. No more dyno tuning. The way I see it, less risk. The tunes have been tested on other cars. Product support with good R&D for the hardware and software.

Last edited by andrewFT86; 11-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.
andrewFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewFT86 For This Useful Post:
MFB (11-07-2013)
Old 11-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #1726
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@pearlhatchiroku, for me, parang mas ok pa ren yung mga custom tune.. for the greddy kit, di pa kaya kasama yung e-manage? kasi i read sa hks, kasama na yung f-con sa package nila

regarding going FI, its something im still unsure of.. the problem with my car its a daily so its power is more than enough for the manila traffic for trackdays, i plan to run 2-3 times a year, more if there are sponsored ones lol so i dont think i'd get to maximize it.. and another problem would be the budget hehe might be getting na ren the exhaust i've always wanted, if weather permits this weekend lets see na lang if i go FI in the future
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #1727
jleaguemd

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone . My name is Jay and a proud new owner of the 86 . Just wondering if I can join the local club . I would really like to learn more of this wonderful car and how to maximize it to it's full potential from other owners of the 86/BRZ . Thanks !
jleaguemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #1728
pcuerpo

@jleaguemd, congrats
Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1729
MFB
Avo Turboworld Phil Rep

Drives: Forester 2009 XT on e85
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Philippines

@pearlhatchiroku

The Avo tune is customized for the kit and has been tested extensively. Its currently on more than 125 kits worldwide.

Custom tuning is available for special set ups. As it is, stage 1 to 2 is available and even for higher whp set up.

It's simply install, flash and go :-) Before and after dyno runs are complimentary as well.

Quote:

TIA
@pcuerpo if u can just do away with the stock muffs for the meantime then just get the FI exhaust muff when your about ready to go FI seems to be a good idea, para hindi doble gastos, iv had a lot of experiences before with my other cars na doble doble gastos, waste of money and time also, thats why now im more cautious, doing the planning for what i really want with the car, goalwise, as supposed to before na burn lng ng burn hehe
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #1730
pearlhatchiroku

Thanks for the inputs andrewFt86, pcuerpo, MFB,
Btw my plan is to go FI on stock injectors, fuel pump, even on stock exhaust at first, then maybe in the furure upgrade all of those including pistons, rods n valvetrain then increase boost so im really leaning towards the greddy kit, i really like the topmount like the previous ones iv had in my other car bcos of the possibility to just edit the flange later on n slap a bigger turbine

MFB, if u can PM me a quote of the kit including ecutek base tune i would apreciate it, just to give me an option n also what wud be the expected gain with the base tune, thanks sir
Old 11-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #1731
BRZ68

Drives: BRZ m/t
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
@MFB can you also send me a quote for the stage 1 kit with installation and custom ecutek tune? I'm on the fence between going F/I or staying N/A so I'm exploring my options out there. Thanks
BRZ68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #1732
pearlhatchiroku

@MFB, got your PM sir thanks
@pcuerpo, nope as far as i know the kit utilizes ecutek so no need for emanage anymore

and one thing also that im considering is fuel consumption, if possible i would want to get as close to my fuel consumption now, i know thats a hard thing to expect on FI but i think with very good tuning its highly possible, i guess what im saying is i dont want to have a fuel consumption thats worst than an imprezza sti hehe
Old 11-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #1733
andrewFT86

Drives: dark grey metallic Toyota 86 MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
@MFB, got your PM sir thanks
@pcuerpo, nope as far as i know the kit utilizes ecutek so no need for emanage anymore

and one thing also that im considering is fuel consumption, if possible i would want to get as close to my fuel consumption now, i know thats a hard thing to expect on FI but i think with very good tuning its highly possible, i guess what im saying is i dont want to have a fuel consumption thats worst than an imprezza sti hehe
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=34
This is my fuel consumption after almost 1000km with the AVO kit.

My STi's equivalent consumption is 17l/100km.
andrewFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewFT86 For This Useful Post:
MFB (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #1734
86ers

Drives: GT 86 C7P
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleaguemd View Post
Hi everyone . My name is Jay and a proud new owner of the 86 . Just wondering if I can join the local club . I would really like to learn more of this wonderful car and how to maximize it to it's full potential from other owners of the 86/BRZ . Thanks !
Congrats Jay and welcome.

86ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #1735
pcuerpo

@BRZ68, go na for turbo Paul

@andrewFT86, nice to know you can maintain FC with a turbo.. how are your numbers with the stage 1 Avo kit? care to share?

anybody here who ran sa TRS Raceday yesterday? care to share your times? dami ren 86/BRZ dun kahapon, probably close to 10 pero many went home ata after the morning run.. anyway, i want to know how i did hehe first time to run in CIS and also use my 86 sa track.. i clocked in 2:48 nung morning then did 2:43 nung afternoon
Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #1736
trustyler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys! I installed UEL headers last week and the next day I could already hear some tinning vibrations under the front. I checked around the site and some said it was the skid plate, some said it was the flex tube while others said they changed the overpipe and it was gone. Anybody else experienced this? Fyi, I got a borla uel.
trustyler is offline   Reply With Quote