follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #1569
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhatchiroku View Post

BTW had my first 1k PMC at Toyota Global... find the part number for that relay
@pearlhatchiroku,

The fact that they don't even carry 0w20 oil shows how little they really care about proper servicing. Add not knowing what DRL is, using a test light on electricals instead of a multimeter, using a screwdriver to forcefully remove a relay, and not knowing the parts number equals you should never go back there again.

Remember that when testing the DRL function, engine must be running, headlights/parklights should be off and handbrake dis-engaged. DRL relay PN is SU003-02439. If they still don't get what you are talking about with regards to the relay show them this:

For the rear strut plugs show them this:

NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NIKDENG For This Useful Post:
melon (10-14-2013), pcuerpo (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #1570
jsc1234

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhatchiroku View Post

So I told the service officer about the gromet at the rear shock mounting, i even showed him the picture that nikdeng posted

subaru global didnt seem to know about the gromet either also showed a pic. also wasnt familiar with the part number.
jsc1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #1571
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@NIKDENG, appreciate your inputs would probably save my money for other upgrades or probably if i have extra, i could get those bars for the engine bay to look nice

thanks also for the pics, should be very helpful if ever i decide to have my DRL work in the future.. for now kasi ayoko ren talaga paganahin siya

btw, where do you guys have your service kung hindi sa casa? kasi after my 1k kms service, i might go back to Autoplus since i have my Jazz service there ever since its first PMS.. they just suggested to me to bring it sa casa muna for the 1k kms service kaya thats what im doing
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #1572
x3m_priv8

Drives: SWP 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
has anyone tried all red tail light using foil up /wrapped? Mind sharing picture.

I got tons of questions already answered here after reading a month ago. Today I'm getting my 86... ^_^

been choosing to the last minute if black or white color... White wins

Last edited by x3m_priv8; 10-09-2013 at 12:38 PM.
x3m_priv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #1573
pcuerpo

@x3m_priv8, check out the thread of @Tye300, i know he had his tails tinted/filmed before changing to Tom's.. afaik, the tint/film fades daw.. i wanted to do that also since wala pako budget for the Tom's tails but since it fades, wag na lang siguro and save for the Tom's

here is his thread, he has a nice build too

Tye300's 86
Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #1574
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3m_priv8 View Post
has anyone tried all red tail light using foil up /wrapped? Mind sharing picture.

I got tones of questions already answered here after reading a month ago. Today I'm getting my 86... ^_^

i had mine done by carlo vil of subarusociety he's going to have another tint overlay this saturday at his house in green meadows 9am-3pm. 3000 for the tail lights and 500 for fog lights. he has dark smoke, red, light smoke for the tail lights and amber, yellow for fogs. let me know if you want to join so i can pm you carlo's number and directions to his house.

btw anyone know if i can get the black plastic underneath the bumper where the arrows are pointed? or do i have to get the whole bumper just to replace that? dumikit kasi yung exhaust ko don kaya may part na natunaw and i want to replace it na.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #1575
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyshifter25 View Post
btw anyone know if i can get the black plastic underneath the bumper where the arrows are pointed? or do i have to get the whole bumper just to replace that? dumikit kasi yung exhaust ko don kaya may part na natunaw and i want to replace it na.
@grannyshifter25,

Those red taillights look good on your dark colored car. You cannot just replace the black plastic as it is part of the bumper. The other options I can think of aside from replacing the entire bumper would be:

1. Reheat the deformed portion until it goes back to its original shape, body fill and sand to perfect shape then paint the entire black portion with flat black plastic paint (or cover with carbon fiber vinyl).
2. Get the TRD Quad Tip diffuser garnish. The melted portion will be cut off to make way for the diffuser garnish. It should look good since you have aftermarket exhaust already with big tips.
3. Get aftermarket rear bumper overlay in carbon fiber.
4. Cut-off the entire black portion and replace with aftermarket ones like the one from the Rocket Bunny kit.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #1576
x3m_priv8

Drives: SWP 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
@x3m_priv8, check out the thread of @Tye300, i know he had his tails tinted/filmed before changing to Tom's.. afaik, the tint/film fades daw.. i wanted to do that also since wala pako budget for the Tom's tails but since it fades, wag na lang siguro and save for the Tom's

here is his thread, he has a nice build too

Tye300's 86
Mas gusto ko kasi ang round LED compare sa toms. Pero consider ko din since talaga pa lang nagfafade din ang foiled.

Am I just being paranoid... kanina ko nakuha unit ko. Pagdating sa bahay amoy sunog na goma or clutch. May naexperience na nito? Sabi ni wifey baka gulong lang daw
x3m_priv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #1577
pearlhatchiroku

Drives: pearl white eighty six
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@pcuerpo i asked my SA if i can bring my own oil ok nman daw, well u cant opt for the 5w30 that they have if u dont want to bring the oil, stated at the manual nman ok lng yun eh, just be sure to fill up w/ the 0w20 nxt fill

@NIKDENG i emailed my SA the pic of the relay and also the gromet, gave her also the part number so he can asked the service office, well the service officer called me and said they have to order the relay abroad and would take about 15 days to arrive, price for the relay is P1,150, about the rear shock mount plug their system still is not recognizing the part number, well il just ghetto duck tape for the mean time just to make sure the water doesnt sip through it in case i drive in the rain, sabi ko nga sa kanila eh the sound coming from outside i dont mind bcos i luv the sound of the engine(when i enter nga in tunnels i turn off the radio n roll the windows down n enjoy the sound) but what im more concerned about is the fumes and the water coming in, Well thanks sir for replying to my mababaw queries in the near future i hope queries will be more performance related mods hehe

Anyone knows what the stock AFR of our engine is and how far can we stretch it? TIA
pearlhatchiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1578
pearlhatchiroku

Drives: pearl white eighty six
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@x3m_priv8 yup mine also but it went away after a few days

anyone else loving the valenti tail lights or ricey? ive never been fond of those aftermarket head/tail lights but the valenti is starting to grow on me
pearlhatchiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #1579
gpac

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

I got tones of questions already answered here after reading a month ago. Today I'm getting my 86... ^_^

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381327429.105597.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  109.6 KB
gpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #1580
pcuerpo

@x3m_priv8, i was thinking of the Valenti also pero yung isang shop na pinuntahan ko, kasama yung sa reverse which i dont like na pero feeling ko better kung lahat papalitan para terno

@pearlhatchiroku, sayang, di nako makakakuha ng oil sa Autoplus since my schedule is at 730am unless i just have them check things and i still have my change oil done kila Autoplus? hmmmmmm..

anybody who has installed Tom's push start button? i was looking at Youtube and only saw yung sa TRD which is yung buong assembly pala compared to sa Tom's na button lang talaga..
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #1581
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
@grannyshifter25,

Those red taillights look good on your dark colored car. You cannot just replace the black plastic as it is part of the bumper. The other options I can think of aside from replacing the entire bumper would be:

1. Reheat the deformed portion until it goes back to its original shape, body fill and sand to perfect shape then paint the entire black portion with flat black plastic paint (or cover with carbon fiber vinyl).
2. Get the TRD Quad Tip diffuser garnish. The melted portion will be cut off to make way for the diffuser garnish. It should look good since you have aftermarket exhaust already with big tips.
3. Get aftermarket rear bumper overlay in carbon fiber.
4. Cut-off the entire black portion and replace with aftermarket ones like the one from the Rocket Bunny kit.
#2 sounds the best way to get it fixed. thanks!
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #1582
NIKDENG

Quote:
Mas gusto ko kasi ang round LED compare sa toms. Pero consider ko din since talaga pa lang nagfafade din ang foiled.

Am I just being paranoid... kanina ko nakuha unit ko. Pagdating sa bahay amoy sunog na goma or clutch. May naexperience na nito? Sabi ni wifey baka gulong lang daw
@x3m_priv8,

Get good quality red tint and it will last for quite a while. I wrapped my previous Spyder taillights with red tint and its still like new after 9 months of use. Your other alternative is to have the stock lights painted and cleared red. Stivo does this service.

What you are smelling on your new car is the cosmoline coating on the engine burning off. They coat the engine with this stuff to prevent rusting. It will usually disappear after 1000km of driving.