follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 10-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
Cope
Driver

Drives: Black 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question BRZ Stock Head Unit + iPod through USB = Occasional Static?

I might be a weirdo here since I'm still using the stock BRZ head unit, and I listen to music on my iPod through a USB cable. Most of the time it works great! Occasionally though, all of a sudden the music gets very static-y.

It never happens mid-track, either. One song will sound fine and the next will be static-y, but once it starts the only way to cure it is to shut the car off and turn it back on. The other modes (radio, CD, etc.) work fine.

I've tried powering off the iPod, unplugging and plugging it back in, and turning the stereo off, and none of that fixes the problem - only shutting the car off seems to work.

I know this is a weird problem, but if anyone has any ideas or is having the same issue let me know!

Thanks in advance for the help.
Cope is offline   Reply With Quote