follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 12-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #15
rbuecker

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weigaldo View Post
I had a momentary squeal around 2000ish rpm on light acceleration for a long time. It was only in drive and if I held the brake and brought the rpms to that point, it would squeal continuously. I eventually came to the conclusion it was the cat in the header and a piece of it must have broken off and chirped at that frequency. After I swapped for a Tomei UEL, the squeal was gone. Might be something to consider.
this is an interesting idea. i have an odd squeak that sounds like a bearing or a loose belt that just started, and its really around 2000 rpm. it *just* started and is consistent with the speed of the engine whether clutch is engaged or not. i do know its not the throw out bearing because that also makes a sound and I know how to shut that one up for now :P sound also goes away when its warmer out, but not necessarily when the engine warms up, just ambient temps. hopefully i can look at it more and resolve it on my own terms, and provide an update here at a later date!
rbuecker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rbuecker For This Useful Post:
Kronos (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 11:02 PM   #16
Kronos

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuecker View Post
this is an interesting idea. i have an odd squeak that sounds like a bearing or a loose belt that just started, and its really around 2000 rpm. it *just* started and is consistent with the speed of the engine whether clutch is engaged or not. i do know its not the throw out bearing because that also makes a sound and I know how to shut that one up for now :P sound also goes away when its warmer out, but not necessarily when the engine warms up, just ambient temps. hopefully i can look at it more and resolve it on my own terms, and provide an update here at a later date!

I have this exact issue.

A squeaky whiny belt sound , only upon cold start. Goes away when clutch pedal is pushed all the way in. I’m bringing it to the dealer tomorrow. I will update as well
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:42 AM   #17
Yoshiki

Drives: Black GT86 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello guys, do you any update about your squeak ? I got the exact same issue since 2 days when the car is cold. A squeak around 2000rpm when decelerating, sound like a belt. If any of you found a solution, please let me know.
Yoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote