follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 02:15 AM   #71
BaatLuk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Drives: Evo X
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 159
Thanks: 88
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I repeat insurance is based on many things with accident rates being one small part. The rates on these are about in line with any other inexpensive sports car.
What are the big factors? I have an Evo X and RSX both of which have cheaper insurance rates than the twin. Just look at this board, there is a number of accident threads just on the first page. But I still love this car, so f**k me

To OP, make your money, live in your place, buy whatever the hell you can afford. People on the Internet (just like in real life) are a**holes...sometimes
BaatLuk is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BaatLuk For This Useful Post:
FryinBerries (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #72
Scrappydoo
Senior Member
 
Scrappydoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Drives: Grrrr
Location: The Motherland (not France)
Posts: 598
Thanks: 330
Thanked 377 Times in 230 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You are 22, make your own decisions.
Scrappydoo is offline  
Old 06-24-2017, 02:21 AM   #73
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 60,515
Thanks: 53,480
Thanked 87,685 Times in 38,962 Posts
Mentioned: 2215 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaatLuk View Post
What are the big factors? I have an Evo X and RSX both of which have cheaper insurance rates than the twin. Just look at this board, there is a number of accident threads just on the first page. But I still love this car, so f**k me

To OP, make your money, live in your place, buy whatever the hell you can afford. People on the Internet (just like in real life) are a**holes...sometimes
I spent years on the Evo thread and the accidents reported on her are like preschool in comparison.
There are plenty of sires that will explain how rates are calculated.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now  
Old 06-24-2017, 02:38 AM   #74
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 25,861
Thanks: 21,132
Thanked 24,185 Times in 13,264 Posts
Mentioned: 583 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Just because we have the same cars does not make us buddies. Besides even if we were family then people disagree. Well they do in mine at any rate. Oh god the stories. Maybe we need. Humfrz back in the day story right about now. I am just going to keep thinking up sentences until people forget the topic of this thread and leave the OP alone. Unless of course they have something constructive to add that hasn't been said. Actually even if it has been said it is still constructive and better than the abuse he was subjected to. Wow I am running out of things to drag this one. I can't be at a loss for words it just doesn't happen. Come on Humfrz I need a story. Stat!
Well, let me drag up an old back-in-the-day story about a mothers concern over her son driving a machine.

It was a warm spring day, back on the farm in Ohio, and it was corn planting season. Due to late spring rains it was getting late in the season, so my father was in a big hurry.

Now, before the corn could be planted, the field had to be disked. So, at age 6 my father figured I was old enough to drive the steel wheeled tractor pulling a disk, in the same field just ahead of him planting the corn, with another tractor.

So, we have a 6 year old boy, sitting on top of a large tractor, who was too small to reach the clutch and had to see where he was going by looking along side the tractor, pulling a ground working tool called a disk.

My father set the gas, put it in gear, let out on the clutch and told be just to keep going up and down the field ahead of him. If anything happened, just push this black switch (the ignition switch). Then he jumped off.

Oh, was I in seventh heaven .....

Then my mother entered the scene ...... and screamed at my dad for letting her "baby" drive such a dangerous piece of equipment at such a young age.

Well, I punched the black button and waited till my dad "explained" the situation to my mother. She left in a huff, dad fired the tractor up, put it in gear, let the clutch out and jumped off. I finished the field ...... did not crash.

Yep, mothers sometimes have a hard time letting their babies go.


THE END
Attached Images
 
humfrz is online now  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (06-26-2017), FryinBerries (06-24-2017), gramicci101 (06-24-2017), NOI (06-27-2017), spike021 (06-24-2017), wireman957 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 02:49 AM   #75
Joyride86
Senior Member
 
Joyride86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 192
Thanks: 83
Thanked 202 Times in 98 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
So everybody reeming this dude has a perfect record? All of you?
Just to throw a wrench in, yes. In the 18 years I have been driving, I have never been in an at-fault accident, but I won't reem him out. Accidents happen simple as that. There could be a whole myriad of reasons. I've been in many close calls, but catch it just in the nick of time to avoid them. Situational awareness is vital. I like to call it good "360". I preach to my kids about it all the time. Hopefully it sinks in before they jump behind the wheel of a car.

OP, you will need another car. If it's one of the twins then so be it. Tell your parents that it wasn't the FR-S that caused the accident and the outcome could've been the same in any other car. Just be careful out there. I'm sure this has taught you a lesson and you'll be more careful driving and posting certain things on the internet. It can be a ruthless bitch.
__________________
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
Joyride86 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joyride86 For This Useful Post:
FryinBerries (06-24-2017), humfrz (06-24-2017), wireman957 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 02:50 AM   #76
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 60,515
Thanks: 53,480
Thanked 87,685 Times in 38,962 Posts
Mentioned: 2215 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, let me drag up an old back-in-the-day story about a mothers concern over her son driving a machine.

It was a warm spring day, back on the farm in Ohio, and it was corn planting season. Due to late spring rains it was getting late in the season, so my father was in a big hurry.

Now, before the corn could be planted, the field had to be disked. So, at age 6 my father figured I was old enough to drive the steel wheeled tractor pulling a disk, in the same field just ahead of him planting the corn, with another tractor.

So, we have a 6 year old boy, sitting on top of a large tractor, who was too small to reach the clutch and had to see where he was going by looking along side the tractor, pulling a ground working tool called a disk.

My father set the gas, put it in gear, let out on the clutch and told be just to keep going up and down the field ahead of him. If anything happened, just push this black switch (the ignition switch). Then he jumped off.

Oh, was I in seventh heaven .....

Then my mother entered the scene ...... and screamed at my dad for letting her "baby" drive such a dangerous piece of equipment at such a young age.

Well, I punched the black button and waited till my dad "explained" the situation to my mother. She left in a huff, dad fired the tractor up, put it in gear, let the clutch out and jumped off. I finished the field ...... did not crash.

Yep, mothers sometimes have a hard time letting their babies go.


THE END
Perfection as always! Also on topic at constructive.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
gramicci101 (06-24-2017), humfrz (06-24-2017), spike021 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 02:59 AM   #77
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 60,515
Thanks: 53,480
Thanked 87,685 Times in 38,962 Posts
Mentioned: 2215 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride86 View Post
Just to throw a wrench in, yes. In the 18 years I have been driving, I have never been in an at-fault accident, but I won't reem him out. Accidents happen simple as that. There could be a whole myriad of reasons. I've been in many close calls, but catch it just in the nick of time to avoid them. Situational awareness is vital. I like to call it good "360". I preach to my kids about it all the time. Hopefully it sinks in before they jump behind the wheel of a car.

OP, you will need another car. If it's one of the twins then so be it. Tell your parents that it wasn't the FR-S that caused the accident and the outcome could've been the same in any other car. Just be careful out there. I'm sure this has taught you a lesson and you'll be more careful driving and posting certain things on the internet. It can be a ruthless bitch.
I have been in Occupational Health and Safety for 30 years and know for a fact that accidents don't just happen. Some set of circumstances lead up to them. Change just one minor element and no accidents. Situational awareness is certainly a top preventive measure but many a person was well aware of the situation as the "accident" went down. Avoiding it in the nick of time just means you managed to change the circumstances just enough to get by. Nothing saying you will pull that off the next time.
I have 42 years and over three million miles of accident free driving behind me. That does not mean for one second I don't think I may miss that on coming car and get T-boned tomorrow. Trusting on awareness is a trap.


Edit: I just realized today is my birthday! Driving for 43 years.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (07-12-2017), darthpnoy1984 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 03:10 AM   #78
spike021
Senior Member
 
spike021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,277
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,361 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I have 42 years and over three million miles
hmmm. I thought you were a Canadian, eh? Y u no kilometers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Edit: I just realized today is my birthday! Driving for 43 years.
Happy birthday!
spike021 is online now  
Old 06-24-2017, 03:21 AM   #79
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 25,861
Thanks: 21,132
Thanked 24,185 Times in 13,264 Posts
Mentioned: 583 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
............
Edit: I just realized today is my birthday! Driving for 43 years.
Happy driving birthday ........


humfrz
humfrz is online now  
Old 06-24-2017, 03:40 AM   #80
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 18,993
Thanks: 6,001
Thanked 15,195 Times in 6,952 Posts
Mentioned: 581 Post(s)
Tagged: 26 Thread(s)
...man, when main mod is too busy, forum go crazy.

Done w this thread & banned.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
MurderousPandas (06-24-2017), totopo (06-24-2017)
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Try and convince me back Braeden Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 110 07-07-2016 07:26 PM
Ways to pay back parents cdrazic93 Off-Topic Lounge 47 09-04-2014 03:16 PM
Question for parents... ghost86 Off-Topic Lounge 29 04-15-2014 11:03 AM
give me ideas to convince my parents warplane95 Subaru BRZ General Forum 45 04-28-2013 12:45 PM
Buying your parents a house... Sparkplug Off-Topic Lounge 44 10-17-2012 11:50 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.