follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
BC Coilovers installed-Stock Wheels/Tires

Today we had an FRS come in for BC coilover installation, and I figured I'd throw some pics+future review out there for them since they come up frequently due to availability, price and performance.

In the hands Feel: The box from BC was well packaged, and nothing was banging around during shipping since all the parts were well secured(unlike some other coilover brands...). The box is pretty basic, just your normal cardboard brown color with a few BC logos and some packaging straps.

Out of the box, they have a very solid, clean feel-as you would expect from something new out of the box! These are 30 way adjustable and you can lower/raise these coilovers without adjusting spring preload. The body of the coilover threads into the bottom tube, allowing it provide a rather large range of adjustments in height.

Install: Install was very straight forward, which is one of my favorite things about this car. Of course at the shop the lift was used, but coilover install is very easily doable in a driveway with jack and jackstands and basic tools.

Height adjustment: You loosen the "lock collar" and then spin the body of the coilover in/out of the tube depending on what ride height you want. Adjusting ride height is reasonably easy, but plan on taking off the wheels. So ride height wont be constantly adjusted, but once you have your ride height dialed in, you wont adjust height (most people won't, unless you get a new wheel/tire setup-I haven't touched my coilover ride height in 2 years).

Once installed, coilovers can be somewhat hidden, but the camber plates visible with the hood open really showcase the signature black/gold BC colors and clearly show how easy these are to adjust. The adjustment knobs for these coilovers are on the top, and to change a setting is as quick as opening the hood and counting the "clicks" and you spin the knob clockwise or counter-clockwise.

The rear is slightly more difficult to access-but pop a few clips out and pull the carpet/cover to the side and you have instant access. If you really felt the need to, I supposed you could trim the carpet where the knob is for quick adjustments. But most people will probably "set it and forget it" unless you decide to hit up the canyons or a track day.

No driving experience yet, but we'll find out more when the customer comes back for some more parts.

Overall, a really good setup and of course some final ride height shots with stock wheels/tires since many of us on here don't plan on swapping the stock wheels.

Final way the car sits now:

continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
bhbnuckle (05-09-2016), Sherb (01-28-2016)