follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Fubi 117

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Project BRZ needs love and parts.

Hey guys, new to the channel as I just acquired my first BRZ!!

Here are two pics showing my new baby. It'll be going to the frame shop tomorrow, I have a Jackson racing dual radiator (coolant/oil cooler) on the way, and looking for parts to finish her up.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if anyone wants to get rid of spare parts I'm all ears. If I should slap this post somewhere else please let me know. Thanks in advance. If all else fails I'll look for a "parts car" to buy from an auction.

I know it'll help to share my plans for the car so here it goes...
I plan to first get her up and going (duh) but then want a daily driver that will be a time attack/circuit racer on the weakends. (I do have another reliable daily driver while this subie is being worked on).

GENERAL PLAN
1st - get running and road legal
2nd - whiteline bushing kit (like everything)
3rd - coilover kit
4rd - wide tire/body kit (I know you guys are thinking big shoes are over kill for the power level but I have plans for a power plant swap)
5th - power plant swap (shhh it's a secret )
6th - aero
etc...

I know there are many other things to consider and this order is in no way comprehensive nor set in stone. I do have a feeling that working on balance and handling should happen before the ICU swap.

I will be applying to a medical residency program for next spring. I hope to move somewhere like phoenix/Tucson were I'll have access to tracks close by. I look forward to finally paying off some debt and enjoying a fun hobby!!

Thanks again for all your help!! Cheers.

JSP
Attached Images

Fubi 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubi 117 View Post
Hey guys, new to the channel as I just acquired my first BRZ!!

Here are two pics showing my new baby. It'll be going to the frame shop tomorrow, I have a Jackson racing dual radiator (coolant/oil cooler) on the way, and looking for parts to finish her up.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if anyone wants to get rid of spare parts I'm all ears. If I should slap this post somewhere else please let me know. Thanks in advance. If all else fails I'll look for a "parts car" to buy from an auction.

I know it'll help to share my plans for the car so here it goes...
I plan to first get her up and going (duh) but then want a daily driver that will be a time attack/circuit racer on the weakends. (I do have another reliable daily driver while this subie is being worked on).

GENERAL PLAN
1st - get running and road legal
2nd - whiteline bushing kit (like everything)
3rd - coilover kit
4rd - wide tire/body kit (I know you guys are thinking big shoes are over kill for the power level but I have plans for a power plant swap)
5th - power plant swap (shhh it's a secret )
6th - aero
etc...

I know there are many other things to consider and this order is in no way comprehensive nor set in stone. I do have a feeling that working on balance and handling should happen before the ICU swap.

I will be applying to a medical residency program for next spring. I hope to move somewhere like phoenix/Tucson were I'll have access to tracks close by. I look forward to finally paying off some debt and enjoying a fun hobby!!

Thanks again for all your help!! Cheers.

JSP

Welcome! You can often find parts in the member classifieds here for cheap: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

You may also want to look in the regional forums here: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Good luck!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:42 AM   #3
Fubi 117

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Awesome! thanks for the info!!
Fubi 117 is offline   Reply With Quote