follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
dj2020

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
P2097 and P0451 JRSC C30 HBP - EcuTek Tuning

I wanted to pick the collective heads of all of you tuning gurus before I go back to my tuner, as he's only in town every other week.

I've been running a JRSC, stock pulley, DT Flex Fuel (rear O2 connection), catless UEL, 700cc injectors, 11 psi MAP sensor on a Delicious Tuning Flash n Go Tune pure SD without issue for about 3 months. I did not throw any codes and only had one non-ready emissions code, which was a rear O2 sensor because that was replaced with the FF Kit input. All other readiness codes, including evap, catalyst monitoring were ready. In my state, I will pass OBDII testing with one non-ready, which is great! All my hoses that see boost/vacuum are clamped.

Last Thursday, I installed the HBP pulley, a 2.5 MAP bar sensor to accommodate the higher boost, and opted for a custom tune for a little more safety as I may run 91 on occasion. The new tune is a hybrid MAF/SD tune. Car runs great and is very smooth but I am getting the following codes:

P2097: Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1
P0451: Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Range/Performance

Even with my Delicious Tune, it took a few back and forth tunes to turn on/off certain emissions settings to get me to only have one non-ready emissions setting, i.e. rear o2, with my specific set up. I realize there are like 4-6 codes pertaining to rear 02 and another 11-14 pertaining to EVAP. Should I be good to go to turn off P2097 and P0451 on the new tune? Because not only am I throwing these codes but I now have EVAP not ready, cat efficiency not ready and rear O2 not ready which will not pass emissions. Or do you guys think these codes actually mean something now because I borked my pulley install some how? Remember, nothing else has changed except for smaller pulley, new MAP sensor, and custom hybrid MAF/SD tune.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys!
dj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 AM   #2
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So the new tune isn't a Delicious one?

P2097 may need to be disabled, you should zero out the 2 rear O2 (A/F #3) compensation parameters, which should see that go. I don't remember removing P2097 on my map but it may be a regional thing.

P0451 would suggest an Evap solenoid issue. Has this been changed/relocated in the install? Maybe you disconnected it when you changed the MAP?

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
dj2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
So the new tune isn't a Delicious one?

P2097 may need to be disabled, you should zero out the 2 rear O2 (A/F #3) compensation parameters, which should see that go. I don't remember removing P2097 on my map but it may be a regional thing.

P0451 would suggest an Evap solenoid issue. Has this been changed/relocated in the install? Maybe you disconnected it when you changed the MAP?

Correct, the new tune is not Delicious

"Zero out compensation parameters" of the rear O2 sensors is different from turning off the code? My physical rear o2 sensor is disconnected as it is replaced by the FF kit. I am also on a catless UEL.

Evap solenoid was not touched/moved during the pulley swap and new MAP sensor install. All the recommended hoses under the intake manifold have been clamped as suggested in other threads when boosting this car. Could higher boost be causing this? Or have others perhaps turned this specific code off when boosting?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
Kodename47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2020 View Post
"Zero out compensation parameters" of the rear O2 sensors is different from turning off the code?
Yes, the A/F#3 parameters should be set to 0 if you remove or repurpose the secondary O2 input. You might as well disable the DTC code as well though.

Quote:
Evap solenoid was not touched/moved during the pulley swap and new MAP sensor install. All the recommended hoses under the intake manifold have been clamped as suggested in other threads when boosting this car. Could higher boost be causing this? Or have others perhaps turned this specific code off when boosting?
I can't help any more with the Evap solenoid as I personally haven't done anything of this kind.

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
dj2020 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #5
dj2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Yes, the A/F#3 parameters should be set to 0 if you remove or repurpose the secondary O2 input. You might as well disable the DTC code as well though.

I can't help any more with the Evap solenoid as I personally haven't done anything of this kind.

Just wanted to clarify, the A/F#3 parameters are all the Bank 1 Sensor 2 codes since I've repurposed the rear o2 for the DT FF Kit. I'm using below pdf for the list of codes:

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/ecutek/DTCList.pdf

I imagine I should leave P0420 on so that my cat efficiency readiness shows ready to pass emissions even though I'm catless and not running a rear o2?

Anyone else can chime in on the P0451 code? Again, only thing changed was the smaller pulley and new 2.5 bar sensor. This DTC was not present on my original DT Flash n Go tune. If this code does not affect how safe my car runs, I'm okay with turning it off so I don't get a CEL. However, I still need my Evap readiness to show ready for emissions. I hope I'm making sense here.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:46 AM   #6
Kodename47

Quote:
Just wanted to clarify, the A/F#3 parameters are all the Bank 1 Sensor 2 codes since I've repurposed the rear o2 for the DT FF Kit.
No, there are 2 AF#3 Parameters that need to be set to 0 to prevent any LTFT being implemented from the rear O2 input:
AF Correction #3 CL Target Comp Limits
AF Correction #3 Limit - Rear O2 Sensor

These are not DTCs to be switched off.

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
dj2020 (02-09-2016)