follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #1037
Shrapnel

Drives: ‘22 Halo GR86 6M/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
It's still "A" for allocated, meaning it hasn't gotten onto a ship yet. Probably waiting around for a ride. Below is the only thing I know of.

*edit* trying this on a vin that I know is in transit, I don't see any ETA data. If anyone knows of a method to get the ETA let us know

using Google Chrome:

Open Developer Tools (F12 key)
Click on the "Network" tab
in the address bar, put: guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/YOURVIN/detail
(subsitiute YOURVIN with your actual vin#)
A series of requests will appear in the developer tools pane.
Find the network request that shows {YOURVIN}?isVspec=true
Click on it, then click the "Preview" tab
here, you will see the dealerCategory:

A=Allocated
F=on a ship
G=on the ground in transit to the dealer

Mine was built April 6th, departed Japan April 16th and arrived at the port April 29th. It currently shows an "A" status fwiw.
Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrapnel For This Useful Post:
fredzy (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 11:03 AM   #1038
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
Mine was built April 6th, departed Japan April 16th and arrived at the port April 29th. It currently shows an "A" status fwiw.
13 days? That thing was moving!
Old 05-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #1039
Shrapnel

Drives: ‘22 Halo GR86 6M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
13 days? That thing was moving!
Yeah it was!
Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:16 AM   #1040
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
There are still major delays in ground transportation once the hit port though. Both trucking and rail are backed way up.
Depends on your location. I didn't say there were no delays.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:18 AM   #1041
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Depends on your location. I didn't say there were no delays.
Didn't think you did. Just the ship is only one part of the equation for most people.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:18 PM   #1042
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,229 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
The RO/RO boats and ports are different from conventional shipping. There aren't many delays there.
Good! Hopefully my '23 Will actually get here in August.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:27 AM   #1043
Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertw View Post
It’s unclear if you’re not fully understanding the situation, or simply being willfully ignorant because you chose a position to defend dealerships and that’s your hill to die on now.

To explain, when putting a deposit down you submit a build sheet for the car you want, fill out a credit card authorization form to run your card for the deposit, and more often than not fill out paperwork to have your credit report run. There is no paperwork involved regarding a time limit for how quickly the dealership will get you your car.

What actually happens is you put your deposit down for the car you want, let’s say a red premium manual, the dealership tells you 4-6 months, month 8 comes around and a white base manual arrives. The dealership offers you the car, you can A. Take it, or B. Pass on it. By passing on it, you wait for another allocation, the dealership does not offer to refund your deposit. In their opinion they got you a car, you passed on it. You can walk away, but they keep your deposit. The dealership is under no obligation to get you the exact car you want, because they don’t decide what cars they get. They know this and are insisting on taking non refundable deposits, knowing once they have your deposit, they can do with you what they want.

Consumers are putting deposits down with multiple dealerships because they want a specific spec’d car. This is the only way to get the exact car you want or dumb luck. Toyota created this situation, not consumers. Don’t get it twisted. It’s Toyotas allocation lottery system vs Subarus build to order system.
The people putting their name in at every dealership in existence are the ones that upset me and I have no sympathy for. We're all waiting for the same cars but they want to be in 100 different lines so if they're losing non-refundable deposits because they wanted to have that advantage that seems like a fair compromise to me. Every dealership wouldn't be fighting for the exact same specs in every allocation if the same people weren't putting every dealership in a region up to it.

I'm perfectly happy to drive my FT for another year while I wait for the dealership that I work with to get the car. But I really hope these people take their names off the damn lists after they get the car so those of us who aren't running around town everywhere can have a decent chance at getting the build we want.

Instagram:
LocustAutoX
Sponsors:
DSGPerformance Drift Office Evil Apex Racing

Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locust For This Useful Post:
CincyJohn (05-13-2022), Dadhawk (05-13-2022), Tcoat (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 02:30 PM   #1044
ayoshioka1

Drives: 2019 BRZ / E36 325is
Placed my deposit at Longo Toyota back in November for a Halo Prem 6MT. Currently #1 waitlist but still no word on allocation...
Old 05-13-2022, 07:57 PM   #1045
Kronk

Drives: Planning for GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Italy here. Ordered a red premium on the day of release! A little sorry about the lack of back duckbill but hoping on a good after sales. No idea about the date of delivery.
Kronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 02:08 PM   #1046
Exrald

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS & 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
2022 GR 86 Orders /Reservation /Waitlist Chat

After a long wait, it’s finally here y’all!! It looks so good to see two twins in the garage.

Exrald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Exrald For This Useful Post:
Jdogg88 (05-15-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #1047
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
But I really hope these people take their names off the damn lists after they get the car so those of us who aren't running around town everywhere can have a decent chance at getting the build we want.
I'm sure they will, but it won't matter since they'll never get more than one allocation in a year anyhow.

I heard things are so bad with GR Corolla that dealers are wiping out their lists and telling people to leave them alone. Perhaps Toyota will consider a shift from lottery to first come first serve allocations for some models as this is the root cause (and where discontent is better placed.)
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:11 AM   #1048
Tcoat

Quote:
I'm sure they will, but it won't matter since they'll never get more than one allocation in a year anyhow.

I heard things are so bad with GR Corolla that dealers are wiping out their lists and telling people to leave them alone. Perhaps Toyota will consider a shift from lottery to first come first serve allocations for some models as this is the root cause (and where discontent is better placed.)
Toyota allocates to dealers not individuals. Some dealers may receive 20 and other 1 or 2 as it is based on overall volume of sales.
Any other year there may be a bit of a wait but production and delivery would likely be at least close to demand. Much like when the cars were first introduced. This however is not any other year.
Worst possible time to be ordering any new car and the problem is not even close to being restricted to Toyota or the 86.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:54 AM   #1049
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Worst possible time to be ordering any new car and the problem is not even close to being restricted to Toyota or the 86.
I figured the same, that people are experiencing long waits for many Toyota models. Talking to a few different dealers I learned that it is of course harder across the board but 86 is in a league of it's own - at least in my region. I'd heard of people waiting 10 months for a Sienna allocation.. apparently that's an outlier (was probably in CA.) For my local dealer, next longest anyone has waited for an allocation for any model in recent memory has been 3 months or so, half my wait so far.

Learning this I realized eh, Toyota's allocation system probably does work well enough most of the time where they wouldn't go reinventing it for one model.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 11:07 AM   #1050
Tcoat

Quote:
I figured the same, that people are experiencing long waits for many Toyota models. Talking to a few different dealers I learned that it is of course harder across the board but 86 is in a league of it's own - at least in my region. I'd heard of people waiting 10 months for a Sienna allocation.. apparently that's an outlier (was probably in CA.) For my local dealer, next longest anyone has waited for an allocation for any model in recent memory has been 3 months or so, half my wait so far.

Learning this I realized eh, Toyota's allocation system probably does work well enough most of the time where they wouldn't go reinventing it for one model.
My grandson is 5 months into his 6 month estimated wait for a Corolla. A freakin' COROLLA!
My wife is now well into month 4 of a 1 to 3 month wait for an Ascent.
A buddy was just told there will be at least a 5 month wait for a F150.
It is insane!

The 86 allocation system would probably have been fine under normal conditions. The problem seems to be that they have only managed to make about 30% of the expected capacity. Based on the "info" on here at any rate.
DylanJZA (05-16-2022)