follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 04-27-2022, 05:19 PM   #1
chengo

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Problem after HKS supercharger Kit

Hi guys:

I have a 2017 Subaru BRZ, with IAG Stage 2 FA20 Subaru Short Block for 2013-20 BRZ / FR-S / GT86 (10.5:1 Compression Ratio), everything inside should be forged too.

HKS V3 supercharger kit
Cusco oil catch can
HKS oil cooler
Delicious tuning map sensor
Private Label UNEQUAL LENGTH catless header
INVIDIA N2 CAT BACK EXHAUST

Other things are stock engine wise.

Now with a tune on it, making about 260 whp.

And I'm having a problem with apparently an o2 sensor.

with 2 engine codes, sometimes just one of them: P015A and P2196.

So my tuner told me to bring the car to the shop and have my o2 sensor replaced.

I had my car over to the shop for a smoke test, replaced the o2 sensor, and general check, the problem is still not fixed, but the car drives without major noticeable problems.

Before changing the sensor, the afr goes from 13 up to 15 while driving in town, and sometimes it shakes back to 10 and up to 17 for like a second, I can feel the car shaking too.

Also under load, at high rpm, the aft shakes a bit too, I can feel the power being cut out by that for a second.

After replacing the sensor, the car's afr is much more stable, at least I feel it like that way, not sure if that is the case or just psychological effects lol.

On my way back to my city, I was using cruise control on high way at 120 kph at 6 gear, around 3.5k rpm, when I hit a downhill, the cruise control is holding my throttle so I do not exceed the speed for about 20 seconds, and the car started to shake and the engine code P015A shows up.

I cleared it out, the car drove without any noticeable problem other than feeling weak on power, it may be caused that I'm at 6 gear tho.

After getting back home, the engine code showed up again, the P015A, while cruising in town at low speed, I had to stop anyways so I did not clear the code, and after a while, I started the car with the code on, the rpm went down, the car starts to stall and shut off, I started again, it shut off again, I tried to give it gas while starting, it worked, I cleared the code, and the car just drove normally again without stalling at all.

So I contact my tuner, he told me to clean my map sensor, I did it and I have not driven my car yet.

Just need some help from you guys, if there is any other possible cause for this, and if this happened to anyone before.

Thank you very much for reading this, and any little help will be very useful for me.

Last edited by chengo; 04-27-2022 at 05:23 PM. Reason: typo
chengo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#brz, #enginelight, #hks, #supercharger