follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2021, 03:51 PM   #1
GiannisK

Drives: 2015 Toyota Gt86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Supercharged GT86 ecutek values to monitor

Greetings from Cyprus fellow 86/BRZ lovers,

Today I've finished the installation of my HKS GT2 SC kit along with the tune sent by delicious tuning and everything seems to be operational except some difficulty on ignition, 1st attempt fails and 2nd always starts up the car normally, that should have to do with the spark plugs since I do have OEM, anyway that's off-topic.

What I'd like to ask is since I have yet to buy any sort of gauges or headunit that supports monitoring, if anyone has the knowledge to share on what values should I be monitoring on the ecutek app and what are the normal and max values?

So far from what I gathered the below are quite important
Boost pressure:
Oil temp:
Oil Pressure:
Coolant temp:
AFR:
Intake Air Temp:
Throttle Position:
Battery Voltage:

I am trying to figure which of these values exist on the ECUtek app but the names of the values on ECUtek are not quite the same. If anyone can share which ecutek values should be monitored and what their avg and max values should be for a supercharger setup?

Thanks in advance for any input!!
GiannisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
the values that ecutek for windows logs are already good enough, delicious probably also adds some speed density , if you want opinions you should take a log and post it here as a link to datazap
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (11-07-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 06:24 PM   #3
Brz-123

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hello and welcome! From Europe ( or brexited Europe )

Car not starting in first attempt is a tune issue with fueling. Get it adjusted with delicious. Its hard to take a start up data log and analyse but speak to them as it should not happen normally. May be 1 in 100 times is ok.

For what to log , just buy torque Pro if you use android head unit or android phone and configure coolant temp, oil temp, AFR measured etc. Something like what I have
done. You will need a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle.
Name:  Screenshot_20200426-102249_Torque.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  53.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Brz-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:34 AM   #4
GiannisK

Drives: 2015 Toyota Gt86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone and good morning,

Thank you so much for the input so far, i will try to run some datalogging and post it here as @tomm.brz suggested

Also @Brz-123 does torquepro work with ecutek obd2 bluetooth donge or would i need to buy a different one?
GiannisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:00 PM   #5
Brz-123

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiannisK View Post
Hello everyone and good morning,

Thank you so much for the input so far, i will try to run some datalogging and post it here as @tomm.brz suggested

Also @Brz-123 does torquepro work with ecutek obd2 bluetooth donge or would i need to buy a different one?
It should work with and bluetooth obd2 dongle. The app is only few euros. Worth trying.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Brz-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #6
Hurricane Nate

Drives: 2020 BRZ (Black)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiannisK View Post
Greetings from Cyprus fellow 86/BRZ lovers,

Today I've finished the installation of my HKS GT2 SC kit along with the tune sent by delicious tuning and everything seems to be operational except some difficulty on ignition, 1st attempt fails and 2nd always starts up the car normally, that should have to do with the spark plugs since I do have OEM, anyway that's off-topic.

What I'd like to ask is since I have yet to buy any sort of gauges or headunit that supports monitoring, if anyone has the knowledge to share on what values should I be monitoring on the ecutek app and what are the normal and max values?

So far from what I gathered the below are quite important
Boost pressure:
Oil temp:
Oil Pressure:
Coolant temp:
AFR:
Intake Air Temp:
Throttle Position:
Battery Voltage:

I am trying to figure which of these values exist on the ECUtek app but the names of the values on ECUtek are not quite the same. If anyone can share which ecutek values should be monitored and what their avg and max values should be for a supercharger setup?

Thanks in advance for any input!!
All those inputs exist in the ECUtek app, at least I see them on the iOS app. I'm currently monitoring the following with an ECUtek dashboard display (in the ECU Connect app) on my iPhone (one thing I discovered is you need to actually connect to the ECUtek dongle to correctly assign sensors on the dashboard, if you try and make a dashboard without first connecting, it might not display the sensor data, also known as don't make a dashboard while connected to demo car in the ECU connect app).

AFR actual
Throttle position (Accelerator Pedal)
IAT (Intake Air Temperature)
MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure)
MAF (Mass Air Flow)
G Force Longitudinal
G Force Lateral

I don't log these, I just display them on the dashboard, though I do have a Log start button on the display. My display fields may not be the most useful (G Force, hahahahaha) but you can set alarms on each of the fields on the dashboard so the screen will flash if you trip any extreme values.

If you want to log the startup you just need to make sure you are connected to the ECUtek dongle first (hit start button without applying clutch or brake pedal, then hit start button again without applying clutch or brake pedal (all lights on dash light up), check phone to make sure ECUtek is connected, push log button, then push start button a third time(this time apply clutch/brake so engine starts).
Hurricane Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #7
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Are you running E85? Is it even available in the UK? If so then expect startup issues in cold weather. If not then I don’t know, but it should run a little rich on cold starts and higher revs. Does the car only do this on cold starts or does it do it on warm starts also?

Tags
afr, ecutek, supercharged, supercharged toyota 86, temps