follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
Sandeep

Drives: Orange Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spyder Headlights

Ive bought the Spyder Headlights with the halo for my 86 GT and had them on for quite a few months now.

I have the top bar of LED's as my DRL's and the bottom curved LED's as my indicators

Initially had them wired so that my top LED's and halo are together on park lights and my passenger side LED DRL bar was flickering quite badly but the driver side was fine.

Then I removed the halo from the park lights an connected them to low beam as instructed by my dealer and theres still a slight continuous flicker in the LED bar.

I dont understand what I've done wrong or if its just a dodgy LED strip
Sandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
MemphisR
Memphis

Drives: 1989 MR2 S/C, 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I would be willing to bet it is just the headlight. I know that my Valenti tail lights are installed properly and as I am sure you have seen, they have a problem with the lights going out on them. For me it started as a flickering and then they just went out. O might contact your seller and see whats up. By the way, do you have the original headlights still. The nicer ones that everyone else in the world gets? would you be interested in selling them to me if you haven't already?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #3
Wizardhat

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
If one side works fine and the other doesn't that suggests a bad headlight unit. I would request a replacement without delay from the seller. You could call Spyder directly and talk to technical support to confirm you have a defective unit. I do have to scratch my head a bit about wiring the LED DRLs to the parking lights as the Spyder Halos for the FRS have the LED DRL's all wired up to the headlight connector and include a built in ballast. One just needs to connect the halos when installing. You have a GT 86 that I see comes with stock LED DRLs which should mean that the Spyder ones should be powered by the the stock circuit in the headlight connector. But then I am not familiar with the GT86 headlight wiring as I am with the FRS's.
Wizardhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronics, flicker, headlights, wiring