follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 10-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #113
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML View Post
what if you have no radio?
ohh that not a issue. Im just saying the "option" connector is in the same cavity. on the right side. it has the power needed and the canbus wired to get everything working. But i can offer a obd2 connector too as a option.

EDIT:

Also! my box can operate the PD reguardless of tempreture or RPM. The engine can be completely off and it can still turn it on or off.

Last edited by geraldjust; 10-22-2019 at 05:43 PM.
geraldjust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geraldjust For This Useful Post:
ML (10-22-2019), NoHaveMSG (10-24-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 08:32 PM   #114
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
If you can add separate switches for PD, ABS, Fan, and seatbelt/airbag/tpms it would work perfectly with this panel switch https://www.seriesblueadventures.com...-panel-insert/.

Not sure how to wire it up with SPST switches since I'm no electrician.
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:39 AM   #115
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterballz View Post
If you can add separate switches for PD, ABS, Fan, and seatbelt/airbag/tpms it would work perfectly with this panel switch https://www.seriesblueadventures.com...-panel-insert/.

Not sure how to wire it up with SPST switches since I'm no electrician.
ohh yes ive seen those! they look fantastic! i think i messaged the guy once to see how his switches operated. with the led and stuff. so when he told me that kind of lead to the way i made my adapter. i personally was either thinking of using a button, and to the whole shot press long press for different setting etc. But when i saw those i changed my approach . so i wrote my code to be flexible for push button or switches.

Ive never had a need to turn off ABS though. I felt that when i pulled the car ABS fuse the unbalanced brake bias did throw me off a bit. so i just stuck to the PD mode. I have been told though that alot of people do want seatbelt/tpms so i did include those too.

Last edited by geraldjust; 10-25-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:40 AM   #116
zombieite

Drives: 2017 Limited Edition, manual
I had a 2013 for years and just got a 2020. This car has gotten worse over that time. It makes me regret selling my 2013.

That throttle-input-ignoring that happens even in hold-the-button-for-4-second-full-off mode? It's real, and it didn't happen on the 2013.

ABS kicking in on a handbrake turn? That didn't happen on the 2013.

I did the pedal dance for the first time today. What a pain in the ass.

I'm in the market for a button that just turns all nannies off on a 2020 86.
zombieite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zombieite For This Useful Post:
Tristor (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 01:44 AM   #117
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieite View Post
I had a 2013 for years and just got a 2020. This car has gotten worse over that time. It makes me regret selling my 2013.

That throttle-input-ignoring that happens even in hold-the-button-for-4-second-full-off mode? It's real, and it didn't happen on the 2013.

ABS kicking in on a handbrake turn? That didn't happen on the 2013.

I did the pedal dance for the first time today. What a pain in the ass.

I'm in the market for a button that just turns all nannies off on a 2020 86.
yeah on the 17+ car's they did change ALOT in the algorithms and processing on the ABS unit. they wanted to make it easy with "long press" now does something similar to the PD. But its not quite there. if you ever wanted to go back to a older abs unit though you could they are practically the same physically and signals are plug and play compatible with newer cars. ohh minus the incline hold feature. But no one needs that lol.

EDIT:
yes my box also works for the 17+ cars too though

Last edited by geraldjust; 10-25-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:38 PM   #118
86_IT

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'd buy this for sure!
Old 10-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #119
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
ohh that not a issue. Im just saying the "option" connector is in the same cavity. on the right side. it has the power needed and the canbus wired to get everything working. But i can offer a obd2 connector too as a option.

EDIT:

Also! my box can operate the PD reguardless of tempreture or RPM. The engine can be completely off and it can still turn it on or off.
I want your box.
That came out wrong...

How much do you think you will be charging? I really want to be able to do the PD with just a switch (and ignoring car temp). I'd love to use one of the switches series blue uses but instead of the panel (I use the pocket for my buildings garage remote) I'd put it where the usb/aux plugs normally are I guess. I just have a blank panel there anyway so I can probably just drill a hole and install it.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #120
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

EDIT:

I am interested as well.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:34 PM   #121
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
I want your box.
That came out wrong...

How much do you think you will be charging? I really want to be able to do the PD with just a switch (and ignoring car temp). I'd love to use one of the switches series blue uses but instead of the panel (I use the pocket for my buildings garage remote) I'd put it where the usb/aux plugs normally are I guess. I just have a blank panel there anyway so I can probably just drill a hole and install it.
well i came up with a cheap enough price for the first sets of preorders. Just wondering how many people actually want something like this. il have it on my website for more info:geraldjustprojects.com

but i can answer questions here.

as for the switching i love those switches too! but if we are doing switches i think maybe doing one switch per feature would be better.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:54 PM   #122
beanswv17

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Quote:
well i came up with a cheap enough price for the first sets of preorders. Just wondering how many people actually want something like this. il have it on my website for more info:geraldjustprojects.com

but i can answer questions here.

as for the switching i love those switches too! but if we are doing switches i think maybe doing one switch per feature would be better.
I'm definitely interested, already have the switch panel ready to go. Is the unit on the preorder page able to be wired to the toggle switches so that one switch does pedal dance, one does abs disable, and one disables tpms light?
beanswv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #123
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanswv17 View Post
I'm definitely interested, already have the switch panel ready to go. Is the unit on the preorder page able to be wired to the toggle switches so that one switch does pedal dance, one does abs disable, and one disables tpms light?
Again I haven't done ABS disable. Just peddle dance and all the extra features. I've never had the need to do ABS disable brake biasing is horrible when it's off. But for TPMS and everything else can be customized. Just shoot me a email on my contact us page.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:23 AM   #124
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
I’d be interested in this for sure. Especially if it could be tied to a toggle switch that could be left in the off position. There is nothing more annoying then starting an autox run and then realizing you forgot to disable all the BS so your doing the long press with one hand while going through a slalom.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:38 AM   #125
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I’d be interested in this for sure. Especially if it could be tied to a toggle switch that could be left in the off position. There is nothing more annoying then starting an autox run and then realizing you forgot to disable all the BS so your doing the long press with one hand while going through a slalom.

ohh for sure. Alot of people said the same thing. i made it so that as soon as it powers up and it goes though starting procedure (hundreds of a second). it will then push the PD even if the car is just in the on position or running. regardless! So basically instantly.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:18 AM   #126
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
gerald
I'm about to hit the pre-order button on your site. When do you think you'll have something for delivery? I'm looking for the Pedal Dance box pretty much as you have it now with only the additional ability to wire into a switch (I can do that myself).

Thank you.