follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #29
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Geeeez Sky how long have you been driving that this surprises you? Just consider it your first encounter of thousands to come. People I'll get pissed off because you are too slow, too fast, where they want to be, where they think you should not be, because they had a bad muffin that morning, because Jupiter is aligned with Mars and just about any other thing you can or can not think of. It has always been this way and will never change so you just learn to shake your head and carry on or become one of them and do the same shit.
Err...about 10 years. Whats wrong with getting surprised? This is the first time I encounter this. I just want to share my story to everyone else on the internet that they might have a same story or different story. What makes you think I didnt shake my head and carry on???? If I didn't I would just go in front of him and do the same thing or throw something at him but I didn't.
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:58 PM   #30
moliver

Drives: FR-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am so mad...but a bug splatted on my window and I washed it off...you Martha Fauker....
moliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #31
FR-Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloN View Post
I haven't got the windshield washer (yet) but in this year I've had two sonatas speed up and cut me off for absolutely no apparent reason. Sometimes I think the twins trigger a weird anger in some of the less-mentally-balanced drivers. Whatever it is, its their problem, not mine...
Yeah, I mean if they drive fast and cut me off with safe distance, I am totally fine, there are always people like this, and you cannot avoid.
But spraying washing or doing other stuff that effect other driver is not appropriate.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #32
FR-Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I just learned about the windshield washer thing from my wife a few years ago. Only last year someone got me the same way Sky got it. Sped up to get around me and sprayed. Took me a minute to figure out what he was doing.

I just stuck my arm out the window and gave a genuinely friendly wave, all five fingers.
I am glad you know how I felt. Also took me a minute to figure out what the hell he is doing because it was my first time as well. The amount that spray is enough to cover my whole wind shield and I would need to use the wiper to clear the vision.
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-Sky For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #33
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sky View Post
Err...about 10 years. Whats wrong with getting surprised? This is the first time I encounter this. I just want to share my story to everyone else on the internet that they might have a same story or different story. What makes you think I didnt shake my head and carry on???? If I didn't I would just go in front of him and do the same thing or throw something at him but I didn't.
Oh, FR-Sky, I reckon @Tcoat is jest tryen to snap you out of it ......

Actually, your spray thing story is the first time that I've been made aware that the move was to send a signal (piss someone off).

I've seen the spray from time to time on the freeway and just figured that someone was trying to clean their windshield at a poor time ......

ol humfrz is falling further behind ......
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
FR-Sky (08-05-2017), Ultramaroon (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #34
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,516 Times in 18,918 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
I am glad you know how I felt. Also took me a minute to figure out what the hell he is doing because it was my first time as well. The amount that spray is enough to cover my whole wind shield and I would need to use the wiper to clear the vision.
I guess in both of our cases, mission accomplished. They got our attention.

I might consider it if someone was tailgating me at highway speed but not bothering to pass me. Usually just gradually slowing down works.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #35
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
I might consider it if someone was tailgating me at highway speed but not bothering to pass me. Usually just gradually slowing down works.

Turning on the rear fog light works as well to deter tailgaters...

or you could get one of these;

Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boomerang For This Useful Post:
FR-Sky (08-05-2017), roddy (08-06-2017), Ultramaroon (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #36
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Turning on the rear fog light works as well to deter tailgaters...

or you could get one of these;

I've thought about making a scrolling one that would take the place of the badge and my "student driver" thing.

I'd probably display "please pass me." Too bad most drivers don't understand the concept of a point-by.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #37
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
I've thought about making a scrolling one that would take the place of the badge and my "student driver" thing.

I'd probably display "please pass me." Too bad most drivers don't understand the concept of a point-by.

You are way too polite, @humfrz never put up with that back in the day...

Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boomerang For This Useful Post:
roddy (08-06-2017), Ultramaroon (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #38
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Quote:
On more than one occasion he has talked about his days of having a driver.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #39
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
That is such a common thing here I can't even imagine people not kino this. Don't do it back since not only would it make you as much of a **** but with our cars you are only going to hit them in the grill and waste fluid.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:52 PM   #40
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:

......and not too far back-in-the-day .......

I wonder why nobody ever sprayed me while I was driving my miata ......

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (08-06-2017), FR-Sky (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #41
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
It's annoying if you just washed your car but moreso it's enraging when this would happen when on my motorcycle. Done on purpose it's outright dangerous. Once I know they did it on purpose, so I went ahead of them and luckily got a red light, got off the bike, took off my helmet and spat on their windshield. the dude was so shocked he just watched in horror. Glad I had a nice green one for him too.

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
stevesnj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevesnj For This Useful Post:
FR-Sky (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #42
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Under the heading of "The Older I Get, the Better I Was," back in the early 80s in Houston, no one had any conception of what a "bike lane" was nor did they have much respect for the people who rode them. That meant you had no place to ride distance except on streets and some of the cretins would f*&k with you. Some of them would try to see how close they could put their passenger side mirror to your handlebar.

During allergy season I was pretty well armed with mucus. One time an idiot had such a good time with his first attempt at scraping me, he made the block and did it again. The second time I managed to put a mouthful on his windshield. This led to a discussion.

The unfortunate thing about humans is some number of us are simple wastes of oxygen. Those specimens contribute to the carbon load in the atmosphere and provide nothing in return. If we could simply stop them from breathing that would help on a number of fronts.

I'm working to get folks with a sense of propriety to adopt a new hand signal. Rather than raising your middle finger in salute, you touch the tip of it to the tip of your thumb while extending your index, ring, and pinky fingers as much as possible. The idea is to form a perfect circle, but not have it confused with the OK symbol. The message is that the recipient is cylindrical and hemorrhoid free. In other words, a perfect asshole.
stevesnj (08-06-2017)