follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #127
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Did you happen to read my review of them at all?

I received the same false statements. I received @Ny Brz turbo for goodness sake and probably his secondary pipe and EBC. These type of mishaps shouldn't be "par for the course".

I never said anything was the customer's fault. Please read the post before replying. I stated the issues fall solely on Toni. The customer is simply going by what they were told, as all of us did.

I don't know what business you've owned or managed or in what industry if you're using that type of analogy to equate it but I digress.
Actually I did.

You bought some crap from FA20Crap which turned out that crap wasn't yours so you sent that crap back. toni stuffed up yet another order of crap and sent it back to you causing you to use your time and effort to ship the crap back because it was his mistake. There was some crap that didn't fit anywhere so you made some trips to the hardware store.

There was a lot of back and forth in shipping crap but ultimately it all came together. You are quite sure you received your entire system before some others who purchased before you.

After that amount of wasted time and effort you became a bit wiser and thought better off to not use his 'lifetime' tuning based on that previous experience. You didn't want to go through the hassle so took your business elsewhere. It would have taken a 'lifetime' to tune your car anyway going at his rate.

I didn't accuse you of saying any of the crap was the customers fault. Please re-read my post and try to find evidence of where I accused you of saying such a thing. The customer is just being told crap.

I don't know what business you've managed or what industry nor do I care.
"SOP?" Sound like a term clock punchers/salary men use when working for the man, gimme a break.
Just seems like your making up excuses for a whole bunch of crap... but I digress.

Let's not derail the thread.. let's just end this amicably.
Let's agree to disagree - agreeably

But let's ALL agree not to buy or take any CRAP from a certain sumbowdy.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevo_12v For This Useful Post:
woode (01-12-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #128
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
Actually I did.
Great, your ability to copy and paste is impeccable.

Quote:

I didn't accuse you of saying any of the crap was the customers fault. Please re-read my post and try to find evidence of where I accused you of saying such a thing. The customer is just being told crap.
Quote:
(following a quote of mine taken out of context) Some of you guys should stop making up excuses for him.
See above quote

Quote:
I don't know what business you've managed or what industry nor do I care.
"SOP?" Sound like a term clock punchers/salary men use when working for the man, gimme a break.
So in other words, you haven't. That makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Just seems like your making up excuses for a whole bunch of crap... but I digress.
You mean the excuse that I didn't make, that you said I made, that you reversed course on and said I didn't make that you just stated again that I made?

Quote:
(following a quote of mine taken out of context) Some of you guys should stop making up excuses for him.
Quote:
Let's agree to disagree - agreeably

But let's ALL agree not to buy or take any CRAP from a certain sumbowdy.

Agreed
The Following User Says Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
woode (01-12-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #129
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Lol at the vent. Well played...
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #130
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
at least you got the vent, I never got one.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #131
Kakawate
Man-ape

Drives: 2013 Buddy Club Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
If your not happy with the service why don't you return for a refund? And get a kit that you can examine in person? I wouldn't tolerate that type of service.
Kakawate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #132
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakawate View Post
If your not happy with the service why don't you return for a refund? And get a kit that you can examine in person? I wouldn't tolerate that type of service.
oh, wow, okay.. never thought of that.

He doesn't respond to anything.. not even paypal claims (i know he posted here that he did - he didn't.). I did ask for a refund - twice. I am pretty sure he ignores people or does not know how to work his E-Mail. And good luck calling them. There phones have been turned off for like 2 weeks and they don't return voicemails.

Why do you think I created this thread? This has gone far beyond not being happy with his service.

Him posting in this thread is 100x more information than I have been able to get out of him via phone, PM, email, paypal. Pretty pathetic that I had to go to these great lengths just to even communicate.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #133
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I personally hate reading about these situations. Just goes to show you, no matter how good of vendor you are or how many successful sales you've had in the past, your only as good as your last deal!

Hope things get worked out for you soon...

Don't forget to leave feedback in vendors profile, I personally rely on it and take it very seriously. I've dealt with this vendor in the past and had a good experience, but that does not entitle him or anyone for that matter to a perfect record
woode (01-13-2014)
Old 01-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #134
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
I personally hate reading about these situations. Just goes to show you, no matter how good of vendor you are or how many successful sales you've had in the past, your only as good as your last deal!

Hope things get worked out for you soon...

Don't forget to leave feedback in vendors profile, I personally rely on it and take it very seriously. I've dealt with this vendor in the past and had a good experience, but that does not entitle him or anyone for that matter to a perfect record
I will definitely be leaving feedback. I am waiting until after tomorrow when, supposedly, I will receive everything else. Then I will make sure it all fits up well.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #135
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
IMHO I don't think Toni is a bad guy or a crook.

I think he bit off a bit more than he could chew. I'm sure he didn't anticipate business blowing up as it did. He took on a build just as his turbo system was becoming popular.
He offered lifetime tune updates at no additional cost. He is understaffed and overwhelmed. Not to mention he depends on TR3 for a good bit. At some point there's just not enough time in the day and he reached that point.

To his credit, I don't think what's going on is in any way intentional, it's the outcome of the circumstances.

As a consumer, these can be seen as excuses. I thought I asked all the questions about lead time and was given an estimate. As those dates neared, I still hadn't received anything. Then a new estimate was received and the same situation occurred. That's when I became quite the nuisance. I wanted the items I paid for a month prior.

I ultimately received everything. There were some bolts that didn't fit anything and I had to make some trips to the hardware store. I received a turbocharger that wasn't mine which I shipped back. I received an EBC that I never paid for that I shipped back. I received a secondary pipe that didn't fit but the next day I received the correct one. There was a lot of back and forth but ultimately it all came together. I'm sure I received my entire system before some others who purchased before me.

After that experience, I became a bit wiser and thought that even though I have the lifetime tuning, based on this experience I don't want to go through the hassle so I took my business elsewhere.

There's still some things that I would like to have done by FA20Club but I doubt I will.

What's ultimately lacking is oversight and attention to detail.

I get it, Toni doesn't spend time on emails because he figures that's time that he could spend in the shop but for a lot of people, email is their official form of communication. They cannot spare the time to call people and talk, especially when all they want is an update or at the very least a reply.

More transparency and better communication would go a long way. Most people are reasonable and have no problem with waiting as long as the wait is justified.

I don't think the expectations were unreasonable but the demand certainly exceeded the supply and it doesn't help when you cannot admit your own fault and accept some shared responsibility.

Passing the blame is something reserved for children, not grown men and women.
I'm fairly sure there are no longer lifetime tunes available. I think it's three then you pay with fa20club.

He deals with quantity on a one man operation? That's just bad.

2013 Scion FRS
2JZ-GTE/V160 Swap Build Thread
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #136
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
I'm fairly sure there are no longer lifetime tunes available. I think it's three then you pay with fa20club.

He deals with quantity on a one man operation? That's just bad.

It was lifetime when I bought my system. I know they changed it but I don't know if that applies to new orders or what. In any case, I won't be using them.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #137
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
I am still waiting for the Fedex label that was supposed to be emailed to me at the weekend and if it doesn't arrive soon I will go straight here where amazingly it's all sunshine and delight still!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/itrad...ck.php?u=16043

After that I have another idea to bring this to an end ASAP.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #138
Vten

Drives: Too heavy
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Was going to get their turbo kit until I see this threads .... They will not get my business.

I bought the header a while ago , came in okay buy the lower pipe hit one othe wiring connector ... Called them and Toni took care of it, after a month shipping back and forth by sending the same incorrect lower pipe, eventhough I told him from the beginning if the lower pipe is somewhat wrong .....one strike .

I order the ecutek tune . Did the first can tune , did send the log to the address he attached on the instruction he sent via email ... Didn't get anything until I search and found out that I need to send it to a different address ... 2-4weeks waiting , and one day he replied and told me I missed one of the data ... I was like fuk it ...car is running ok , occasionally doing a hard start in the morning like once in every month ... But I can live with it .... Strike 2!

Now after seen this threads ....strike 3 !! You're out !

He seems okay locally only , but if you're out of states ... You're fughed!!

I'll be getting a different kit definately, will maximize their header to the custom kit .about 20 hrs plus the material for the whole thing. YES It'll cost more than their FI kits but at least no waiting and lying .
Vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #139
woode
Boosted Member

Garage
Just thought I would also point out that I created this thread 1/8 (after I was told I should have received everything)

Here is the tracking information from the third box, that I was never even told about until this thread.

Notice the ship date? 1/10.

Toni attempts to make me look like the jackass here by posting on 1/11 about how he had shipped 3 boxes to me etc (you can read back if you haven't already). When I created this thread - the third box hadn't even SHIPPED! Let alone did I have tracking information or the complete kit in my hands like I was supposed to.
The Following User Says Thank You to woode For This Useful Post:
slicktop (01-14-2014)
Old 01-13-2014, 11:51 PM   #140
Kakawate
Man-ape

Drives: 2013 Buddy Club Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by woode View Post
oh, wow, okay.. never thought of that.

He doesn't respond to anything.. not even paypal claims (i know he posted here that he did - he didn't.). I did ask for a refund - twice. I am pretty sure he ignores people or does not know how to work his E-Mail. And good luck calling them. There phones have been turned off for like 2 weeks and they don't return voicemails.

Why do you think I created this thread? This has gone far beyond not being happy with his service.

Him posting in this thread is 100x more information than I have been able to get out of him via phone, PM, email, paypal. Pretty pathetic that I had to go to these great lengths just to even communicate.

That's why I do large purchases with my credit card that's has a ton of options for these odd situations. I wasn't tryi g to be capt obvious but you live and learn. Hopefully your ok with the kit lol. Good luck
Kakawate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
droppingtheballtoni, fab-worx/rda limited, fckuporderagaintoni, fixitagaintoni, no fire yet, shutup&shipmyturbo, toniscustomerservicesucks