follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada


User Tag List
go_a_way1

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #281
stateless
Double Dragon
 
stateless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2013 6MT BRZ Limited
Location: Calgary
Posts: 288
Thanks: 66
Thanked 40 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Tuner Works in CGY has a pretty huge selection of wheels they can order for you but they're bit more $$$$$
I'm guessing you must have to go in talk to them. Recently I've tried contacting them through their website twice and calling them once, never got an email reply or a call back.
Maybe $2300 rims are not worth their time

I'm finding in general it's hard to get info on rims and most places show discontinued stuff on their websites. I'm still looking for somewhere that is willing to take my money.
__________________
stateless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #282
RT87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout 6MT
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 200
Thanks: 86
Thanked 81 Times in 40 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've ordered my wheels from tunerworks, yeah they seem to be unresponsive at times lol. I only experienced it once though, gonna send the guy another email tomorrow.
RT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #283
mashal
DADA
 
mashal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013
Location: Kanada
Posts: 1,500
Thanks: 47
Thanked 388 Times in 249 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Haven't been in the loop with tuner works, but I think they are moving? Anyways you should check out Bob @ Urban X wheel and tire.
mashal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mashal For This Useful Post:
stateless (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #284
cocoy_labuyo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: WRB BRZ
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 109
Thanks: 17
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I found a shop that sells Varrstoen ES21, which I want. its Lithium Autosport and very accomodating
cocoy_labuyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #285
Thesaint77
Junior Member
 
Thesaint77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2006 Scion XB
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Next meet comin up!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Thesaint77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #286
jenzan
Senior Member
 
jenzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ SSP 6 MT Sport Tech
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 117
Thanks: 59
Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh I spotted a black FRS with a beautiful girl driving it tonight on the Deerfoot. I don't have pictures, but it's a true story!
jenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #287
jenzan
Senior Member
 
jenzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ SSP 6 MT Sport Tech
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 117
Thanks: 59
Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
I'm guessing you must have to go in talk to them. Recently I've tried contacting them through their website twice and calling them once, never got an email reply or a call back.
Maybe $2300 rims are not worth their time

I'm finding in general it's hard to get info on rims and most places show discontinued stuff on their websites. I'm still looking for somewhere that is willing to take my money.
Hey Stateless,

Why not get in one of the group buys on the forum or are you looking for something that only Tuner Works can get? I've heard some really bad customer service stories from that shop, so I just wanted to give you a heads up and anyone else looking at purchasing from them. I've heard that they have a bias to rich customers with fancy rides. Anyways, best to do your research.
jenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #288
RT87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout 6MT
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 200
Thanks: 86
Thanked 81 Times in 40 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know how much a coilover install and alignment would typically cost?
RT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #289
stateless
Double Dragon
 
stateless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2013 6MT BRZ Limited
Location: Calgary
Posts: 288
Thanks: 66
Thanked 40 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzan View Post
Hey Stateless,

Why not get in one of the group buys on the forum or are you looking for something that only Tuner Works can get? I've heard some really bad customer service stories from that shop, so I just wanted to give you a heads up and anyone else looking at purchasing from them. I've heard that they have a bias to rich customers with fancy rides. Anyways, best to do your research.
Thanks for the tip! It turns out the SSR Type C's I wanted are discontinued anyway (though I had to call SSR directly to find that out). In fact, all of the rims I had wanted turned out to be discontinued. It seems places just leave stuff up on their site long after it's been discontinued. I wanted to stick to 17x7 or 17x7.5 because I like being able to easily make the car slide, and there aren't many rims I like in that size.

I've been getting desperate with my Blizzaks dying by the second in this weather (though surprisingly they don't feel much different at the moment than the HP Primacy). I settled on getting some Buddy Club P1's online from Password:JDM. Hopefully they will arrive this week. Not my first choice but at least they have not many spokes and are reasonably light, even if not SSR Type C light...
__________________

Last edited by stateless; 05-13-2013 at 06:48 PM.
stateless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #290
RT87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout 6MT
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 200
Thanks: 86
Thanked 81 Times in 40 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello fellow Calgarians. I was on Beddington and some debris hit the side of my car and left two small dents. Anyone have any recommendations for paintless dent removal shops?
RT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #291
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 782
Thanks: 214
Thanked 301 Times in 177 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone know if anyone in Alberta is boosted yet?
pheoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #292
jenzan
Senior Member
 
jenzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ SSP 6 MT Sport Tech
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 117
Thanks: 59
Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
Thanks for the tip! It turns out the SSR Type C's I wanted are discontinued anyway (though I had to call SSR directly to find that out). In fact, all of the rims I had wanted turned out to be discontinued. It seems places just leave stuff up on their site long after it's been discontinued. I wanted to stick to 17x7 or 17x7.5 because I like being able to easily make the car slide, and there aren't many rims I like in that size.

I've been getting desperate with my Blizzaks dying by the second in this weather (though surprisingly they don't feel much different at the moment than the HP Primacy). I settled on getting some Buddy Club P1's online from Password:JDM. Hopefully they will arrive this week. Not my first choice but at least they have not many spokes and are reasonably light, even if not SSR Type C light...
How much do the Buddy Club P1s weigh? I got in on the Rays Gramlights 57DR group buy, but won't able to mount those onto the car until late August. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23596

We should look at organizing a meet up sometime this summer again. I missed the last one by moments, haha.
jenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #293
jenzan
Senior Member
 
jenzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ SSP 6 MT Sport Tech
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 117
Thanks: 59
Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT87 View Post
Hello fellow Calgarians. I was on Beddington and some debris hit the side of my car and left two small dents. Anyone have any recommendations for paintless dent removal shops?
I would say look into Dent Clinic and Dent Force.

Dent Force fixed my car from last summer's hail damage and made it look brand new. So I would say they are pretty pro.

Dent Clinic I used for a small dent from someone opening their door into my car and that was taken out no problem. But it was expensive at $120 for 20 minutes of work.
jenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jenzan For This Useful Post:
RT87 (05-14-2013)
Old 05-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #294
jenzan
Senior Member
 
jenzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ SSP 6 MT Sport Tech
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 117
Thanks: 59
Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Does anyone know if anyone in Alberta is boosted yet?
Not that I'm aware of.
jenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BRZ ordered in Edmonton whitejdm CANADA 18 07-06-2012 10:41 AM
FRS has arrived in Edmonton! DragynVyrus CANADA 15 06-27-2012 06:16 PM
is there any group buy around calgary or edmonton area? FT86FRS CANADA 0 04-05-2012 12:24 AM
BRZ SWP Premier 6MT at Calgary Auto Show Enemies CANADA 2 03-15-2012 01:55 AM
No FRS at Edmonton Motor Show whitejdm CANADA 16 03-03-2012 07:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.