follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #1
thpark93

Drives: 2016 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using KW Clubsport top mounts for KW V3

Did anyone use the clubsport top mounts for the V3 at all?

I'm planning on running the V3's on my car, and I am searching for top mounts.
I like the recessed design of the clubsports and was wondering if I can buy them separately and put it on the V3's.
thpark93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #2
JDKane527

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have the V3 CS that include the top mounts, but have swapped the top mounts out for the RCE top mounts front and rear.

When I had the CS top mounts, I set my ride height to not be that low, a bit lower than factory. With the CS top mounts, I found that my suspension travel was not sufficient (not enough droop at the set height). Due to limited suspension travel, the ride was not that smooth (could also be attributed to damping settings). This style of top mount, and others that raise the piston shaft are intended for lower ride heights. If you intend to set your ride height on the lower end, it will work well. I ended up swapping the top mounts out for RCE's top mounts as it was better suited to the ride height I wanted. The piston has a certain range in the shock it is intended to operate in. Being too high or too low is out of the optimal range. Just something to keep in mind if going for these style of top mounts.

That still doesn't answer whether or not it is available, your best bet would be to contact KW North America.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Is it actually cheaper to buy V3's and the mounts vs just buying the 2 way clubsports?? I'd imagine you'll pay more buying separately.