follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #141
staycrushing

Drives: A Hot Mess
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hmmm wing... fat intercoller out the front and rocket bunny kit... pretty much all day every day i get revved at -_____________________-
6-Shift (04-01-2013), eddieEndo (06-05-2013), FriedRicr (05-11-2013), GT 86 Brah (03-22-2013), sklimo (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #142
Spencer

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My dad was driving the brz on the highway and we pull up to a slammed 350z and were just cruising and he suddenly takes off ( obviously he could beat us in a race ) my dad just downshifts and we hit about 95 and he was pulling ahead so much even when we were going about 95 he was probably going about 130 or more. There's usually a cop hidden around this slight bend so we see him way far ahead put on his brakes in attempt to stop but it was too late and he started pulling over ( hard to tell because it was a bend ) and the cop waited for us to get out of the left lane and pulled out and chased him down he probably clocked him going 140-150 because he was gaining a lot of ground.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spencer For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (03-22-2013), sklimo (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #143
Swayse

Drives: 12 mitsubishi evo, tuned
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Since I put my single exhaust(fart pipe) on my evo, all the slow cars and diesel trucks want a piece of me, weird.
Swayse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayse For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #144
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by staycrushing View Post
hmmm wing... fat intercoller out the front and rocket bunny kit... pretty much all day every day i get revved at -_____________________-
That's what you were going for right?
m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #145
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
weird: noticed that yesterday. Had the last of my exhaust mods done, driving from the shop to work and a camaro was all over me from the baltimore tunnel, all the way to my exit near bel air md. I didn't race but I was enjoying my new headers....wtf is that about? I have it on dash cam lol.
ftc~brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ftc~brz For This Useful Post:
Marcoscrdo (04-22-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #146
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Not really a "come race me bro" but today some dude in a GTI backed up at the traffic light (since I was a couple of cars back in turn lane) to ask me about the car, at first I was like "oh shit now what" but he was cool and asked about the car. He thought it was all wheel drive and he asked how firm the ride was. I originally though he was going to try to get m to race him or say something rude but he was cool so I can't complain.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #147
Hordur

Drives: Peugeot 106 Rallye, Integra Type-R
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice thread. Ask yourself this question, punk. Are U faster than a redneck?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4S0dSEz3vw"]R U Faster Than A Redneck S01E04 Andrew Vs Joshdhd - YouTube[/ame]

Hordur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #148
boead

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruBRZLimited View Post
Not really a "come race me bro" but today some dude in a GTI backed up at the traffic light (since I was a couple of cars back in turn lane) to ask me about the car, at first I was like "oh shit now what" but he was cool and asked about the car. He thought it was all wheel drive and he asked how firm the ride was. I originally though he was going to try to get m to race him or say something rude but he was cool so I can't complain.
Im finding MANY are truly interested and attracted to the car. Lots more smiles and head shake approvals. I think the enthusiast already know that the car isn't a drag racer and respect it/that about the car.

Like ive said the only jackasses are Truck drivers and cruze-cavalier-neon-civic driving kids with aftermarket catback exhaust and intakes, or at least they got the stickers ;-D Oh and "Guido's"

WTF is with the truck drivers?? I mean this isn't Texas! I live in the NYC area. Fin SUV;s!! Some asshole the other day was set on staying in front of me! At one point while maneuvering like an overweight sloth he nearly hit the center divider then corrected by nearly hitting the car to the right - LOL!!
boead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #149
edward

Drives: 2013 BRZ - Sterling Silver Metallic
A 335i burned an extra thimbleful of gas to zoom around me at a stoplight
edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #150
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by boead View Post
Im finding MANY are truly interested and attracted to the car. Lots more smiles and head shake approvals. I think the enthusiast already know that the car isn't a drag racer and respect it/that about the car.

Like ive said the only jackasses are Truck drivers and cruze-cavalier-neon-civic driving kids with aftermarket catback exhaust and intakes, or at least they got the stickers ;-D Oh and "Guido's"

WTF is with the truck drivers?? I mean this isn't Texas! I live in the NYC area. Fin SUV;s!! Some asshole the other day was set on staying in front of me! At one point while maneuvering like an overweight sloth he nearly hit the center divider then corrected by nearly hitting the car to the right - LOL!!
Hot cars make people do whacky stuff. It's similar to a hot girl with a nice rack, they lose their mind and do not know what do so every move is a potential disaster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brzetto For This Useful Post:
GH05T (03-28-2013)
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #151
Saab2Frs

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruBRZLimited View Post
I was doing about 80 on the highway the other day and passed an 98 accord going really slow. They sped up and I just figured they were one of those annoying types to be going slow in the left lane and then 5 minutes later they're speeding like hell. Nope, the sped up, passed me a little bit and then all the passengers were staring at the car. Got say, it's starting to freak me out. Almost wish I had more power to blow their doors off a bit. To me it would be kinda laughable to drop into 4th gear and not be accelerating much faster than their 98 accord. lol.
Saab2Frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #152
boead

Drives: FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab2Frs View Post
I was doing about 80 on the highway the other day and passed an 98 accord going really slow. They sped up and I just figured they were one of those annoying types to be going slow in the left lane and then 5 minutes later they're speeding like hell. Nope, the sped up, passed me a little bit and then all the passengers were staring at the car. Got say, it's starting to freak me out. Almost wish I had more power to blow their doors off a bit. To me it would be kinda laughable to drop into 4th gear and not be accelerating much faster than their 98 accord. lol.
The FRS isn't really slow, I mean the 98 Accord has lots less HP, its heavier and has a shitty tranny. I had one!

I get this allot too (I have an RSX too so im sort of use to it, same shit 7 years ago!) They see you, watch you drive past then from way back they accelerate, catch you and blow by. LOL, lie that's a race or something -Duha!

Yesterday, on a very nice long stretch between lights of a 55MPH road where most will do like 75. Hell the police will give it to you but not much more! I was doing about 75 when this older civic I saw way back came up and blew by me like I was sitting still! He had to be going 100+ and was wobbling around the lane. He got to the light fast, nose diving to a stop.
LOL!!
I could smell his car burning with my windows up!
boead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #153
Brzetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab2Frs View Post

I wish the police would start ticketing those left lane hoarders. Automatic $500 fine and there are foolproof ways to prove they are intentionally blocking, for example if they block for more than 3 miles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brzetto For This Useful Post:
SneakyPete (03-29-2013)
Old 03-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #154
Saab2Frs

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boead View Post
The FRS isn't really slow, I mean the 98 Accord has lots less HP, its heavier and has a shitty tranny. I had one!

I get this allot too (I have an RSX too so im sort of use to it, same shit 7 years ago!) They see you, watch you drive past then from way back they accelerate, catch you and blow by. LOL, lie that's a race or something -Duha!

Yesterday, on a very nice long stretch between lights of a 55MPH road where most will do like 75. Hell the police will give it to you but not much more! I was doing about 75 when this older civic I saw way back came up and blew by me like I was sitting still! He had to be going 100+ and was wobbling around the lane. He got to the light fast, nose diving to a stop.
LOL!!
I could smell his car burning with my windows up!
I know it's not THAT slow, but compared to most other cars out there...
Saab2Frs is offline   Reply With Quote