follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
dnL

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
good scion service dept in bay area

Anyone got any suggestions for good Scion service departments in the bay area? I tried to browse through some Yelp reviews, and the top 2 I'm considering are City Scion and Putnam Scion. I feel like I'm searching for a baby sitter or something...
dnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
why not go to your dealership?
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
dnL

City Scion is my dealership, but it's a bit further than I'd like. I could probably only go there on the weekends. I don't really have anything against them. Putnam is closer though, but I have no prior business with them. I thought maybe some first-hand experiences would tip me towards one or the other, and I could weigh them against convenience/distance.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
Veloist

Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
My family has been getting our cars serviced at Putnam for about 15 years (dad is an employee) Right now we have 3 cars that still regularly get serviced there. I can't say they are perfect though...a few years they forgot to change the oil filter in our 4runner, but they changed it right when we told them (and then the manager got mad at the guy...who probably isn't there anymore) I also wouldn't recommend getting the complimentary car wash...you can inform them not to wash your car, to be on the safe side leave a note in caps on the steering wheel. But like other service depts, they rush through it and often use dirty tools. Only problem we've had was them forgetting to change the oil filter, out of the 15 years.

The waiting area has also been renovated and they have a stellar coffee machine and sometimes free pastries in the morning.

On the other hand, we've never had a vehicle serviced from City but their structure and waiting area looks awesome and is also a little recent.

When we receive our FR-S, all service will be done at Putnam.
Veloist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Veloist For This Useful Post:
dnL (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
dnL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post
My family has been getting our cars serviced at Putnam for about 15 years (dad is an employee) Right now we have 3 cars that still regularly get serviced there. I can't say they are perfect though...a few years they forgot to change the oil filter in our 4runner, but they changed it right when we told them (and then the manager got mad at the guy...who probably isn't there anymore) I also wouldn't recommend getting the complimentary car wash...you can inform them not to wash your car, to be on the safe side leave a note in caps on the steering wheel. But like other service depts, they rush through it and often use dirty tools. Only problem we've had was them forgetting to change the oil filter, out of the 15 years.

The waiting area has also been renovated and they have a stellar coffee machine and sometimes free pastries in the morning.

On the other hand, we've never had a vehicle serviced from City but their structure and waiting area looks awesome and is also a little recent.

When we receive our FR-S, all service will be done at Putnam.
Much appreciated!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Yuck

Drives: Scion FRS 2013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've been dealing with SF Toyota for all of my maintenance on my last vehicle and they've been great. I highly recommend them!
Yuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yuck For This Useful Post:
dnL (08-27-2012)