follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2023, 10:42 PM   #785
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsfrs View Post
What's never included in the "cost" per MW hr are the side effects of energy production. Coal ash, nuclear waste, co2, recycling solar panels and wind turbines. Pick your poison. No free lunches.
Depends on where you look or if you look. You are right that there are no free lunches, but solar and wind are cheaper and significantly better from a carbon footprint perspective over the life of the energy facilities. As they ramp up even more, industries will grow for recycling to cash in on the new business.

https://www.wri.org/insights/setting...0natural%20gas.

Quote:
While all sources of electricity result in some GHG emissions over their lifetime, renewable energy sources have substantially fewer emissions than fossil fuel-fired power plants. One study estimates that renewable energy sources typically emit about 50g or less of CO2 emissions per kWh over their lifetime, compared to about 1000 g CO2/kWh for coal and 475 g CO2/kWh for natural gas. Most of the lifecycle emissions from fossil generators occur from fuel combustion, but also come from raw materials extraction, construction, fuel processing, plant operation and decommissioning of facilities.

While the manufacture of solar panels requires substantial amounts of energy, studies have found that they offset the energy consumed in production within about two years of operation, depending on the module type. Both crystalline silicon and thin-film solar panels contain toxic materials such as lead, silver and cadmium; therefore, efforts need to be accelerated to address proper disposal practices and module recycling, such as is done in Europe and by First Solar in the U.S., to appropriately capture and reuse these materials.
Carbon Rivers Makes Wind Turbine Blade Recycling and Upcycling a Reality With Support From DOE

https://www.energy.gov/eere/wind/art...eality-support

As Millions of Solar Panels Age Out, Recyclers Hope to Cash In

https://e360.yale.edu/features/solar...nels-recycling
blsfrs (08-21-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 12:56 AM   #786
Unplugem

Drives: GR86 (Sold) -> C6 GS Edelbrock SCed
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
@Unplugem

Should we get back to the space lasers? Ut oh, looks like it was just a tree that hit a power line. Maybe the space lasers and not the wind knocked over the tree because Home Depot was out of chain saws.

You seem to believe any narrative that the mainstream news puts in front of you... Continue to get MKed, you have the right to remain deceived. I'm not going to bother dealing with someone who practices the religion of Googlism
"There is more evidence for the existence of Google than any other God worshiped today."
"Google is omniscient."
"Google is omnipresent."
"Google answers all our prayers."
You have no free thought; you only believe what you are shown by those who control your thoughts and mind.
Do you really expect me to believe that a downed powerline hit a tree and that caused houses to burn to the ground, most of which, were not surrounded by a forest, or trees at all? Does a downed powerline explain how cars' engine blocks and wheels melted and dripped down the street as liquid metal? Did a downed powerline cause the boats at the docks to burn, while they were on water? Give me a break! God gave you a brain, start using it to think for yourself.
Unplugem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 01:09 AM   #787
Unplugem

@Irace86.2.0, explain this for me. How did cars melt to the ground, while trees are still intact right next to them? If it's a "natural wildfire," wouldn't the natural trees be burned to the same degree as people's private property? They clearly targeted the houses and cars and blasted them with DEWs.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/fYXtU8YrzN5N/
Old 08-21-2023, 01:23 AM   #788
Unplugem

@Irace86.2.0, here is evidence that shows car engine blocks turned into liquid aluminum that dried after running out from under the cars in Maui. Do you know what temperature aluminum engine blocks melt? Do you think it's anywhere near the temperature that any natural wildfire burns at?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/oqo1siMnTTT6/
Old 08-21-2023, 01:49 AM   #789
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplugem View Post
You seem to believe any narrative that the mainstream news puts in front of you... Continue to get MKed, you have the right to remain deceived. I'm not going to bother dealing with someone who practices the religion of Googlism
"There is more evidence for the existence of Google than any other God worshiped today."
"Google is omniscient."
"Google is omnipresent."
"Google answers all our prayers."
You have no free thought; you only believe what you are shown by those who control your thoughts and mind.
Do you really expect me to believe that a downed powerline hit a tree and that caused houses to burn to the ground, most of which, were not surrounded by a forest, or trees at all? Does a downed powerline explain how cars' engine blocks and wheels melted and dripped down the street as liquid metal? Did a downed powerline cause the boats at the docks to burn, while they were on water? Give me a break! God gave you a brain, start using it to think for yourself.
I could say the same about you believing whatever narrative you like to read from whatever alternative media you have bought into, except you believed a launch of a rocket from California in 2018 was a space laser hitting Maui, and I have definitive proof that your picture was not a space laser. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I would more likely believe that windy weather knocked over a tree that hit a power line and caused a fire (a common source of forest fires) than believe in space laser. While such a thing is possible, such a leap isn't something I would believe without extraordinary evidence, but everything you have presented as evidence isn't evidence that would point to a space laser at all. I've already disproven that a 2018 mission launch from California was not a picture of a space laser hitting Maui in 2023.

We had fires in Santa Rosa in 2017 and 2019 that burned significant parts of the city and surrounding communities. Thousands of homes and structures burned. Embers can travel miles from a fire front igniting dry brush, roofs and gutter debris. Embers could easily hit boats that have sails, cloth seats and canopies.

Quote:
Flaming brands and embers can travel as far as five miles ahead of the active front of a wildfire and recent research has shown that up to 60% of wildland/urban interface home ignitions are from “red snow” landing on flammable roofs or in other flammable objects, which in turn ignites the home.(Source)
Quote:
@Irace86.2.0, explain this for me. How did cars melt to the ground, while trees are still intact right next to them? If it's a "natural wildfire," wouldn't the natural trees be burned to the same degree as people's private property? They clearly targeted the houses and cars and blasted them with DEWs.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/fYXtU8YrzN5N/
I don't think you are using your brain sir. You are listening to people tell you stuff that sounds rational, but not thinking for yourself whether there are rational arguments to the contrary. Did you do your own research on the questions you asked. Did you spend anytime researching how we have trees at all because natural fires do occur, so clearly all trees should be wiped out? Are you aware that they have evolved over millions of years to survive natural fires from lightening? On top of that, there are areas of fast moving fires where the trees don't catch fire and the brush burns quickly, but other areas see higher heat, in which case, trees are destroyed. In our area, cars and everything except a few chimneys were standing, but some areas were spared based on position and changing winds. Are all the firefighters claiming this fire must be space lasers, or are they all part of your conspiracy theory too, or maybe you think they are equally gullible except for you?

Why do cars and engines burn? Because cars have gasoline in them, and engines are full of oil, they burn very, very hot. Most car fires on the side of the road are extinguished, but look at black and white pictures of cars that have burned in forest fires going back to the invention of cars, and they burn to the ground.

Quote:
With ample water flowing throughout a palm’s trunk, that water keeps all but the outer edge from being consumed by a fire. The core stays alive.(Source)
Quote:
Trees in fire-prone areas develop thicker bark, in part, because thick bark does not catch fire or burn easily.(Source)
Quote:
Lightning strikes the Earth over 100,000 times a day. Of these, 10-20% cause a fire.

An average surface fire on the forest floor might have flames reaching 1 meter in height and can reach temperatures of 800°C (1,472° F) or more. Under extreme conditions a fire can give off 10,000 kilowatts or more per meter of fire front. This would mean flame heights of 50 meters or more and flame temperatures exceeding 1200°C (2,192° F).(Source)
Old 08-21-2023, 02:04 AM   #790
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
@Irace86.2.0, here is evidence that shows car engine blocks turned into liquid aluminum that dried after running out from under the cars in Maui. Do you know what temperature aluminum engine blocks melt? Do you think it's anywhere near the temperature that any natural wildfire burns at?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/oqo1siMnTTT6/
He can't search on the internet, but can make a video and post it? Hmm. Either way, you can search on the internet. Fires can get double this temperature, so burning the aluminum wheels isn't an issue (see my last post with a link for the temperature of forest fires).

Quote:
FEMA says in traditional vehicles, fire burns around 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit.(Source)
Quote:
In its pure form its melting point is recorded at approximately 660 degrees Celsius or 1220 degrees Fahrenheit.Source)
There are many videos on the internet of people smelting aluminum in campfires, which are much cooler than a forest fire and a car fire burning gas and oil.

Old 08-21-2023, 07:05 AM   #791
Unplugem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I could say the same about you believing whatever narrative you like to read from whatever alternative media you have bought into, except you believed a launch of a rocket from California in 2018 was a space laser hitting Maui, and I have definitive proof that your picture was not a space laser. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I would more likely believe that windy weather knocked over a tree that hit a power line and caused a fire (a common source of forest fires) than believe in space laser. While such a thing is possible, such a leap isn't something I would believe without extraordinary evidence, but everything you have presented as evidence isn't evidence that would point to a space laser at all. I've already disproven that a 2018 mission launch from California was not a picture of a space laser hitting Maui in 2023.

We had fires in Santa Rosa in 2017 and 2019 that burned significant parts of the city and surrounding communities. Thousands of homes and structures burned. Embers can travel miles from a fire front igniting dry brush, roofs and gutter debris. Embers could easily hit boats that have sails, cloth seats and canopies.

I don't think you are using your brain sir. You are listening to people tell you stuff that sounds rational, but not thinking for yourself whether there are rational arguments to the contrary. Did you do your own research on the questions you asked. Did you spend anytime researching how we have trees at all because natural fires do occur, so clearly all trees should be wiped out? Are you aware that they have evolved over millions of years to survive natural fires from lightening? On top of that, there are areas of fast moving fires where the trees don't catch fire and the brush burns quickly, but other areas see higher heat, in which case, trees are destroyed. In our area, cars and everything except a few chimneys were standing, but some areas were spared based on position and changing winds. Are all the firefighters claiming this fire must be space lasers, or are they all part of your conspiracy theory too, or maybe you think they are equally gullible except for you?

Why do cars and engines burn? Because cars have gasoline in them, and engines are full of oil, they burn very, very hot. Most car fires on the side of the road are extinguished, but look at black and white pictures of cars that have burned in forest fires going back to the invention of cars, and they burn to the ground.
Where are you getting this "space laser" thing from? Outer space is science fiction... it only exists in the minds of normies, who believe NASA's programming and think Star Wars and Star Trek are going to become real someday.
They are using directed energy weapons that are equipped on drones; you can use it on drones, just like you can use missiles fired from drones. The U.S. military admits to having these weapons, it's not some Star Wars fairytale. Wake up.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:17 AM   #792
Unplugem

Nice choice of words here by our President on his twitter account. Can you read between the lines?
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1691109605278179328
Old 08-21-2023, 07:44 AM   #793
Unplugem

How is there still green on the trees, while the houses are reduced to three inches of ash and wheels and engine blocks are melted to the point that they are running down the pavement as liquid? How did the fire reach all of these cars, if the trees are still green and the cars aren't in a dense forest to begin with? This must be the most selective "forest fire" since the DEW attack on Paradise, CA. The cars are out in the open, yet the fire got into the engines from the outside and melted them from the outside? Are you kidding? These aren't car fires; the engines burn from the inside out on standard car fires. These fires are external, and you expect a passing tree fire to melt wheels that are on top of pavement? Maybe FEMA can pull something from where the sun don't shine that "educates" you on the temperature of "forest fires" that take place on pavement.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/UOXAoGblvydj/
Old 08-21-2023, 09:15 AM   #794
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
How is there still green on the trees, while the houses are reduced to three inches of ash and wheels and engine blocks are melted to the point that they are running down the pavement as liquid?
Already asked and answered from what I can see. What exactly is your point here?

Bottom line, this was a natural event, and natural events produce unexpected results, such as total devastation by a tornado or hurricane, except for the occasional tree or house the survived, or at least looked like it survived. I've personally been in a house where a tornado "chose" to skip over it, but destroyed houses on either side of it.

On a related note, there was a similar fire in Gatlinberg, TN (a large tourist town) in 2016 with similar results. Here's a harrowing video from two trying to escape the fire. (Caution, dirty words ahead).

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (08-22-2023), soundman98 (08-21-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 10:28 AM   #795
blsfrs

Drives: 2013 frs base
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Regarding melting aluminum engine. There are 2 tires on either side of the engine, along with other plastics, that (IMHO) once burning could supply enough heat to melt an engine.

How hot do tire fires burn?
"Tires are an inherent fuel source on their own because they're made of oil." They're also hot. John said wood fires burn around 450 degrees, but estimated Friday's rubber fire to be around 2,500 degrees. Fire experts said one of the best ways to gauge the progress of tire fires is to assess the color of the smoke.Apr 8, 2016
blsfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blsfrs For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-21-2023), Irace86.2.0 (08-22-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 01:21 PM   #796
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires

Drives: what
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
can't believe you're actually arguing with the retard

You cannot reason someone out of something he was not reasoned into
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (08-22-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 01:28 PM   #797
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires

Drives: what
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
The maggots swooped in rather quickly in Hawaii to buy properties from the poor bastards, some of whom were still trying to locate loved ones. I don't blame the theorists at this point. Look what the sjw assholes did to Property values in other parts of the country. Property insurance has been soaring in South Florida this year for no apparent reason. In preparation for a wealth transfer event?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
Sjws do the shoplifting and property damage that drives away businesses and lowers values. A perfect opportunity for rich investors to step in and buy. Ironically rents inevitably rise to a point that chases the original perpetrators out and back to affordable housing
incoherent gibberish

someone please start a gofundme to get this poster a GED
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 01:46 PM   #798
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If you had a ged it wouldn't seem incoherent? Are you a they or them?
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
youguysneedlives