follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
bambbrose
Wiring Nerd

Drives: 1994 Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
More FR-S reveal pictures

Through many websites and blogs, we've already seen the revealing of Toyota 86 at Gazoo Racing Motorsports Festival 2011 and Subaru BRZ at Tokyo Motor Show. Anticipation for the arrival of the Scion version was at its peak and finally, last night was the day many were waiting for; debut of the Scion FR-S. I actually had no clue about this invite-only event until a good friend of mine in the Scion scene, Kirby, wrote a comment on one of my posts through Facebook. After noticing this at the last moment, I instantly RSVP'd online and got an e-mail from Scion corp. saying that I was approved to join. What many of you guys don't know is that Scion corp. really takes care of their customers. When I mean by customers, I'm talking about those who own a Scion. The brand has several events throughout the year and how Scion corp. organizes and manages those events are unbelievably grand in scale. For example, Scion borrows the whole Knotts Berry Farm during Halloween week and opens the amusement park to only Scion owners. Almost every Scion owner in California goes to that event, so you can imagine how crazy it gets with the amount of Scions and Scion owners + guests.
The debut of Scion FR-S was somewhat similar. Everyone who was registered through the biggest Scion forum, ScionLife, had an opportunity to attend this special event along with well-known bloggers, writers, representatives, and photographers from all around the world. You've probably seen the photos already through facebook or blogs, but it's time to share my own and write some accurate information released by Scion.

I was sort of unprepared for this event because I had to do various things within 7~10pm. I'm pretty sure I was the only guest wearing gym clothes while others were formally dressed. It was embarrassing and awkward at the same time, but as long as I was in to take photos, I didn't care about the looks v(^-^)v

In front of the entrance were two cars; AE86 that was displayed under Mackin Industries booth during JCCS, and one covered to be revealed later on during the event. I already knew what car was under the cover because of a photo that was posted on Facebook, but had no clue if it was a stock or modified FR-S. You'll be seeing photos of it in my next Nightlight feature.

The main stage was spectacular. It was the same as watching Victoria's Secret Fashion Show but replacing those models with cars.

All of these cars contributed in the making of Scion FR-S. Starting from the left bottom; Toyota 2000GT, Toyota S800, Toyota Supra Turbo, Toyota MR2, Lexus LF-A, and AE86 Levin.

The overall design was greatly influenced by the Toyota 2000GT. Ideas of it being a RWD and having a Boxer engine was passed on by the Toyota S800. But as most of us know by now, what greatly inspired the build of the FR-S was the AE86.

Right in front of me was Jarod DeAnda, known as 'The Voice of Formula Drift'. He was very close to me, so sorry for the close-up shot Mr. Jarod!

His short speech passed on to the vice president of Scion, Jack Hollis.

"You guys ready? Seriously, are you guys ready!!???? Here's the all new, Scion FR-S!"

(Crazy bass music playing...)

Ta-da~~!!

The Red devil.

Well there it is. It was very difficult to get a good spot to take shots and because I was shooting with a 24-70 like every event, I was limited in angles, space, etc.
By the way, the model(?) in the car looked like a BOSS! Perfect for a C.E.O. (Cars et Owners) shoot.

A very slight difference from the Toyota 86 was the missing fog lights. I'm pretty sure it will be an optional package thing and will cost an extra $500 or so (just speculating).

Yes, it's badged as a Scion, but please be more open minded! Read my article about the badging issue if you haven't.

Wheels, fenders, interior, etc. are exactly the same as the Toyota 86. As mentioned before, the only major difference was the badge not being a Toyota, but a Scion.

http://www.nightimport.com/2011/12/n...cion-fr-s.html

Sorry if repost
bambbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Are there any FT86club members here?

Old 12-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
bambbrose
Wiring Nerd

Drives: 1994 Supra
Found some more from the same source. Credit night imports for the pics.

Some quality clear ones of the Greddy unit

bambbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Sweet that they got Jarod to come out...
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
ryude

Drives: Volkswagen GTI
God that GReddy modded one looks so awesome, a drop+wheels completely changes the look of this car.
ryude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #6
poormans_LFA
FT86Club.com O.G.

Drives: Gunmetal Gundam Wing Zero Custom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Are there any FT86club members here?

i'm in there.....
poormans_LFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:09 AM   #7
Toreno
Oldskool 86

Drives: Ae86 20vbt, rb26celica, frs soon..
I'm in there too, well the side of my fat head lol!!
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote