follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #43
Hamza7

Drives: MiniVan
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't want to argue as we may reach a resolution but have you ever heard of glazes and fillers. Perhaps you should research into those, also you claim you never washed the car, so it was always under some sort of dirt but your positive that they weren't swirls because you could see under the dirt? I'm in the business of taking swirls out, I often wash a car after long paint polishing and have never put swirls back in the car but perhaps your right. There's always a first time for everything, I'm going to attempt to extract CCTV footage for your claims of me polishing the hood and talking on the phone

If I was putting more swirls into cars then removing them then I would be out of business a long time ago.

Last edited by Hamza7; 07-08-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Hamza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #44
mrdanyo

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited (World Rally Blue)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza7 View Post
Don't want to argue as we may reach a resolution but have you ever heard of glazes and fillers. Perhaps you should research into those, also you claim you never washed the car, so it was always under some sort of dirt but your positive that they weren't swirls because you could see under the dirt? I'm in the business of taking swirls out, I often wash a car after long paint polishing and have never put swirls back in the car but perhaps your right. There's always a first time for everything, I'm going to attempt to extract CCTV footage for your claims of me polishing the hood and talking on the phone

If I was putting more swirls into cars then removing them then I would be out of business a long time ago.
I washed my car every week or every other week at pay wand washes. Sure, it may not be super spotless and it might be a little cleaner had I put a cloth to it... but do you really think I (or anybody else) wouldn't be able to see swirls on their car after a wand wash on a sunny day? And do you really think dirt managed to push itself into my paint in perfect circular shapes all over? I don't really have to go out on a limb here to say that with the timing, the facts, and everything else combined... that the swirls came from your buffing machine, almost definitely a dirty buffer pad.

I'll be honest, I have trouble seeing your sincerity in resolving anything from your posts. You're saying you want to resolve it, and you say things like "I don't want to argue it" but then you proceed to argue it (???). You really do confuse me, Hamza. You say you are willing to make amends right now and drop off repairs costs to my body shop, but after these exchange of posts, you have not attempted to message me once.

I'm not filling my hood with glazes or anything you're suggesting. That would require me to pay for a repaint job anyway. I'm paying out of pocket for an aftermarket hood, which I already ordered. If you want to find a resolution, you can inbox me. Otherwise, I don't particularly want to deal with you any further.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #45
AdrianG
Generally Well Liked

Drives: '08 STi Hatch, '11 Outback 3.6R
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
The swirls were most likely caused by running the buffer on dirty paint... A wand wash isn't going to lift contaminants out of the paint, and those contaminants get pushed around by the buffer causing swirls.

Maybe Hamza should have insisted on a clay bar before starting the whole buffing/opticoat process, seeing as he's the expert in this situation. Maybe he figured since you hadn't given your car a proper wash in the 8 months you've owned it that you don't care if there are swirls, apparently many of his other customers don't mind swirls...
AdrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #46
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Here's a hypothetical situation.

You are backing your car out of the garage.
The neighborhood kid parked his bike in your driveway with a kickstand (not laying down)
You back over it and destroy his bike.

SO you agree to buy him a brand new bike to replace the one you destroyed.
You buy him a new bike and he is happy.

Who gets to keep the busted bike?

Thought so - The person who paid for a brand new one.
Because you "Bought" the busted bike for the price of a brand new one.

Hamza should have been able to keep the old hood as long as the new one was OEM
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stugray For This Useful Post:
AdrianG (07-08-2014), JoeyV (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #47
mrdanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post

The neighborhood kid parked his bike in your driveway with a kickstand (not laying down)

Sure, buy me a new car and you can have my old one. :P

Jokes aside, I would like to offer a more comparable example though. If you rear ended somebody and wanted to settle outside of insurance, would you offer them costs of repair? Or would you say "I'll cover repairs if you give me your old bumper so that I could recoup some of my costs, you don't need it anyway. Otherwise, you're on your own"?

On another note, Hamza just messaged me informing me that he wanted to find a resolution. I'll post an update to what happens on that front, but if he does end up following through, I'll commend him for eventually doing what's right. We'll see though.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #48
Cliu91
Cliuless

Drives: Whiteout Scion FRS 2014
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post

Why would you pay for the kid's bike if he is parking on your private property? Wouldn't running over the bike damage your vehicle? In that case, the kid should be paying YOU.

Secondly, OP is not a kid.

Thirdly, OP was paying for the services done to his car... not just parking his car in Hamza's garage. He lost money, AND has to go through this headache. This point alone should entitle the hood to OP... but it should be his decision to give Hamza the hood or not - even though giving the hood would be the best decision, it's ul;timately up to mrdanyo.
Cliu91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliu91 For This Useful Post:
mrdanyo (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #49
mrdanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianG View Post
The swirls were most likely caused by running the buffer on dirty paint... A wand wash isn't going to lift contaminants out of the paint, and those contaminants get pushed around by the buffer causing swirls.

Maybe Hamza should have insisted on a clay bar before starting the whole buffing/opticoat process, seeing as he's the expert in this situation. Maybe he figured since you hadn't given your car a proper wash in the 8 months you've owned it that you don't care if there are swirls, apparently many of his other customers don't mind swirls...
I'll have to disagree with this. I may not have put cloth to my car, but it doesn't mean that my car was kept in perpetual dirty conditions. I power washed my car often, enough to receive compliments of it's beauty and shine wherever I went. Again, my car is my hobby and what I like to spend my time on during weekends. I wouldn't let her stay dirty. However, I do agree that it was dirt being pushed around by the buffer that caused the swirl, whether it was on the car or on the pad itself. Either way, it shouldn't have happened.

And Hamza did wash my car down before with a power wash, but used what he called a "liquid clay bar" before the buffing process which I'm pretty sure is not the same as a regular clay bar. The "liquid clay bar" process was completed in a matter of minutes.

Last edited by mrdanyo; 07-08-2014 at 12:20 PM.
mrdanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #50
daftpunk

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The liquid claybar was probably iron-X, removes some contaminants but should be used in conjunction with claybar. It's in no way a replacement for claybar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdanyo View Post
I'll have to disagree with this. I may not have put cloth to my car, but it doesn't mean that my car was kept in perpetual dirty conditions. I power washed my car often, enough to receive compliments of it's beauty and shine wherever I went. Again, my car is my hobby and what I like to spend my time on during weekends. I wouldn't let her stay dirty.

And Hamza did wash my car down before with a power wash, but used what he called a "liquid clay bar" before the buffing process which I'm pretty sure is not the same as a regular clay bar. The "liquid clay bar" process was completed in a matter of minutes.

2013 Firestorm Scion FRS
2005 Civic SI Sedan- Sold
2004 Impreza WRX - Sold
1992 Civic Hatchback - Parted, RIP
daftpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #51
Kazuya

Drives: Takumi
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftpunk View Post
The liquid claybar was probably iron-X, removes some contaminants but should be used in conjunction with claybar. It's in no way a replacement for claybar.
Know anywhere in Toronto that ican get some iron x?
Kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #52
daftpunk

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuya View Post
I buy most of my maintenance supplies from eshine http://www.eshine.ca/carpro_ironx_ch...rayer-5407.php

2013 Firestorm Scion FRS
2005 Civic SI Sedan- Sold
2004 Impreza WRX - Sold
1992 Civic Hatchback - Parted, RIP
daftpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #53
2shift

Drives: Cayman S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As a potential customer of Hamza’s detailing services, I have been following this thread closely and have not yet read any apologies for unnecessarily taking up (wasting) the OP’s time – if the OP’s claims are indeed true (dodging calls, late to pickup). In our increasingly busy lives, I would argue that TIME is more precious than the relatively marginal cost dispute between the OP and Hamza (ex. Possession of old hood). Having been a victim to a rear-ender recently, I found the time it took to obtain a rental car, go back and forth from the body shop, and communicate with the necessary parties extremely disappointing even more so than the cost of the repairs itself (deductible). So I am disappointed to hear Hamza continue to make excuses without any considerations to the OP’s time and unneeded stress. Perhaps attitude and ethics cannot be changed.

Secondly, as someone relatively new (?) in an increasingly competitive business, I think Hamza’s last concern should be trying to recoup a few hundred dollars in selling the old hood. IMHO, meeting the OP’s demands would be a much better cost trade off by keeping a good reputation and winning new work from new clients rather than trying to reduce losses which seem to be under $500. How much are two or three lost jobs from this posting going to cost you? Go for the long term gain, I would assume you’re not in this business as a short term get rich quick plan.
2shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #54
brianc
OCD

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuya View Post
Larry from Wisdom Detail.

Small business - local. good guy. he stocks IronX and will meet up locally.

IronX is a chemical form of decontamination. It doesn't remove much physical decontamination - you still need a claybar for that. It does a great job at removing metal contamination (like those orange dots that show up on white cars)
Old 07-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #55
m.wood0213
Driving Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
A shame to damage anything with that color of paint. Very sad to see.
“This isn’t a supercar, it’s a sports car. It sacrifices rear seats yes but it just feels alive. Pure, direct, immediate. The other two are going to get all the admiring looks yes, that’s my point. I’m not driving around in this for other people’s benefit. I’m driving around in this BECAUSE I LOVE DRIVING IT. END!”
-Richard Hammond, Top Gear, USA Supercar Road Trip, 2011 Porsche GT3 RS.
My BRZ
m.wood0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #56
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
man, some people have ridiculously high expectations and zero tolerance for failure.

not even 24h this thread has been up and it already has people from the states posting and people logging in to make an account to make their 1st post to talk more shit about a man they haven't met and how he's not meeting their expectations.

how about you all shut the hell up and wait for these two finish resolving their issues.

everyone keeps throwing small jabs at Hamza and the OP that can't not warrant a response, which just fuels the fire, that ain't cool.

Tags
getdetailed.ca, hamfist hamza, hamza, opti coat, opti-coat, opticoat, protect those swirls, review