follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasianman View Post
They have a white FR-S auto with tint and spoiler and last I checked, they're asking for $32k
yea F that mess. Hoover wanted $26 for mine out the door and all i did was use the recent grad rebate and a little haggeling. walked away with tint, trunk mat, clear bra, and mud guards
Old 03-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
FR-S Neck

Drives: FR-S Black Beauty
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supramkivtt2jz View Post
I too bought mine from Hoover. Bill Penney wanted 30k OTD for their asphalt frs
Justin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
I wasn't a fan of Bill Penny's prices either. That and the sales guy I talked to was pretty rude. I got mine for $28k out the door but Serra was willing to give me an extra $2k on my trade-in so I called it a "wash".

Scott

All Serra did to me was try and sell me the cars on the lot. The only attribute I requested from them was a Raven colored FR-S and they kept telling me how rare the car was and I would have to wait months on end for the EXACT car I wanted. I actually got on my phone while the salesman was talking to me and found a Raven one in Hoover so I left him talking mid-sentence.
FR-S Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Neck View Post
Justin?
Si senior. Youre still in huntsville right? I think I saw you the other night turning into target. Funny how you notice EVERY car of the same model youre driving.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
they kept telling me how rare the car was and I would have to wait months on end for the EXACT car I wanted. I actually got on my phone while the salesman was talking to me and found a Raven one in Hoover so I left him talking mid-sentence.
Classic.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #19
FR-S Neck

Quote:
Si senior. Youre still in huntsville right? I think I saw you the other night turning into target. Funny how you notice EVERY car of the same model youre driving.

Yup still in Huntsville, got a co-op until I graduate up here. (technically.... Limestone county / Madison Zip / Huntsville city... weird I know..) and that was most likely me. Gotta get your # or somthin.

BTW are their any shops around that are worth going to or am I going to find myself having to driving to B-Ham?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
RavenFR-S

Drives: FR-S
I'm in HSV on occasion. I may have to keep an eye on this thread in case I see a meet going on while I am there.
RavenFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
BTW are their any shops around that are worth going to or am I going to find myself having to driving to B-Ham?
I would like to know the same thing. As well as I'm contemplating on getting my car opti-coated, but need more information on this as well as if there's a shop around here that will do it for a reasonable price. I already got a pretty bad scratch on my the rear right side of my trunk, as well as, it looks like someone or something brushed up against my left rear fender pretty hard to leave small scratches

Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #22
Samir
Huntsville Car Scene.com

Drives: Everything under the sun
Quote:
You bet Samir! You know I got your back!

Glad to see you posting here but now you know where I have been trolling instead of huntsvillecarscene.com. Hope you don't mind me cheating on you just a little! :happy0180:
Scott
It's all good! I'm a member of over 200 forums on the web. They all send me lovely emails on my birthday.
Quote:
I wasn't a fan of Bill Penny's prices either. That and the sales guy I talked to was pretty rude. I got mine for $28k out the door but Serra was willing to give me an extra $2k on my trade-in so I called it a "wash".

Scott
Quote:
They have a white FR-S auto with tint and spoiler and last I checked, they're asking for $32k
I'm not sure what it is with Huntsville's car dealerships. I've only bought one car in Huntsville, and the rest outside of the area.
Quote:
yea F that mess. Hoover wanted $26 for mine out the door and all i did was use the recent grad rebate and a little haggeling. walked away with tint, trunk mat, clear bra, and mud guards
See, now that's a HUGE difference. But I even had bad experiences in Bham as well. They wanted 2k more for my Porsche, so I flew to California and they called me back as I was going to the airport to match my price. I told them I'd think about it if I came back without a car.
Quote:
All Serra did to me was try and sell me the cars on the lot. The only attribute I requested from them was a Raven colored FR-S and they kept telling me how rare the car was and I would have to wait months on end for the EXACT car I wanted. I actually got on my phone while the salesman was talking to me and found a Raven one in Hoover so I left him talking mid-sentence.
What an idiot salesperson! He deserved to lose that sale.
Quote:
Funny how you notice EVERY car of the same model youre driving.
Yep. Buy one and you think you're the only one--until you start looking around.

I remember this feeling back in 93 when I picked-up my 93 Altima and no one even knew what it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenFR-S View Post
I'm in HSV on occasion. I may have to keep an eye on this thread in case I see a meet going on while I am there.
Feel free to check out Huntsville Car Scene.com too. I try to keep the calendar there pretty up-to-date with local goings ons.
Quote:
I would like to know the same thing. As well as I'm contemplating on getting my car opti-coated, but need more information on this as well as if there's a shop around here that will do it for a reasonable price. I already got a pretty bad scratch on my the rear right side of my trunk, as well as, it looks like someone or something brushed up against my left rear fender pretty hard to leave small scratches
I know that Freddie Louis does exceptional work, and they're right here in Huntsville. They just did a custom matte clear bra on this super-rare Daytona edition R8 (which has factory matte paint):
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #23
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Garage
Quote:
No idea :/ im trying to set up an appointment with Bill Penney for my clutch pedal making a clicking noise when pressing it in, my rear deck making noise, and my fuel pump chirping like crazy. Ill let you know how the service goes.

And definately - i think my number is on fb but ill pm it to you. Ill be up at the tac meeting tonight at west end if you want to join. i plan on joining the autox guys on weekends
Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #24
FR-S Neck

Quote:
No idea :/ im trying to set up an appointment with Bill Penney for my clutch pedal making a clicking noise when pressing it in, my rear deck making noise, and my fuel pump chirping like crazy. Ill let you know how the service goes.
As far as the chirping goes I don't think there is an actual fix for it yet.. I'm pretty sure they replace the fuel pump with the exact same one. Mine chirps as well ... and I would rather the dealer not touch something that isn't necessarily detrimental towards the car being that they may screw something else up. OR HEY you could get it replaced 4 times this year and lemon law out your car and get a brand new one in 2014!

For a (possible) fix for the crickets... there are 3 gas stations in the county that have ethanol free gas and the one I'll most likely start filling up at is the Phillips near the corner of Hughes and Highway 20.

Until there is solid evidence towards a real fix for the fuel pump we might as well just get used to the crickets.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER

Garage
Quote:
As far as the chirping goes I don't think there is an actual fix for it yet.. I'm pretty sure they replace the fuel pump with the exact same one. Mine chirps as well ... and I would rather the dealer not touch something that isn't necessarily detrimental towards the car being that they may screw something else up. OR HEY you could get it replaced 4 times this year and lemon law out your car and get a brand new one in 2014!

For a (possible) fix for the crickets... there are 3 gas stations in the county that have ethanol free gas and the one I'll most likely start filling up at is the Phillips near the corner of Hughes and Highway 20.

Until there is solid evidence towards a real fix for the fuel pump we might as well just get used to the crickets.
As far as Bill Penney goes, theyre morons IMHO. I gave them my car and they put 30 miles on it trying to "hunt down" the noises. They claimed there is nothing wrong with the car. I asked to have a second tech look at it who would have more experience and ended up rescheduling for them to look at it. I noticed they were ****ing around with the car - i reset the fuel economy just to see what they would do, and it came back with 12 mpg.

Ive been using connoco phillips pure 93 since I got the car but it still chirps. the rear deck ratteling is annoying as all hell.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
Samir
Huntsville Car Scene.com

Drives: Everything under the sun
Quote:
As far as Bill Penney goes, theyre morons IMHO. I gave them my car and they put 30 miles on it trying to "hunt down" the noises. They claimed there is nothing wrong with the car. I asked to have a second tech look at it who would have more experience and ended up rescheduling for them to look at it. I noticed they were ****ing around with the car - i reset the fuel economy just to see what they would do, and it came back with 12 mpg.

Ive been using connoco phillips pure 93 since I got the car but it still chirps. the rear deck ratteling is annoying as all hell.

Most of the dealerships around here have about the same level of service. Century Porsche dealership overfilled my oil on an oil change and then blew me off when I brought it to their attention...never again.

I wonder if a bottle of Chevron Techron will make any difference? I know in my Corvette, it fixes a problem with the fuel sending unit that no other fuel can. Probably worth a try.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #27
FR-S Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post

Most of the dealerships around here have about the same level of service. Century Porsche dealership overfilled my oil on an oil change and then blew me off when I brought it to their attention...never again.

I wonder if a bottle of Chevron Techron will make any difference? I know in my Corvette, it fixes a problem with the fuel sending unit that no other fuel can. Probably worth a try.

Where have you gone for the service on your FR-S? I have prepaid for "X" amount of oil changes so I need to figure out where I need to go. Otherwise........... Hoover.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #28
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Where have you gone for the service on your FR-S? I have prepaid for "X" amount of oil changes so I need to figure out where I need to go. Otherwise........... Hoover.
Samir doesn't have an FR-S. He likes to admire mine though! :happy0180:

Scott