follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2020, 04:58 AM   #1
Doozer

Drives: gt86...among others
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPL Front LCA Review

Hi Everyone,

Recently installed SPL front LCA's and have about 3,000km of daily driving and canyon running and couldn't find many other reviews.

We used to have full Racer-X front and rear set-up but a few months ago I blew out the FR LCA and needed a replacement. Nothing wrong with Racer-x just trying something different after 100,000km.

SPL's are well made and easy to install (after you realize you need to remove factory chassis stud). Adjustment is simple and easy.

Most surprising is there's no NHV. We were skeptical to go full solid bushings on a street car but it's a much smoother ride then expected. Turn-in is good once you get caster where you like it.

Daily still runs 3+ degrees camber in front, about 60cm ride height (from center of hub to fender lip) and 1mm toe-out. Caster ended up being 6 and 6.2 once it got dialed in.

SPL's are expensive but happy so far. We'll see if they can last another 100k like the Racer-X LCA's did.
CSG Mike (09-25-2020), HaXx (09-26-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
gtpvette

Drives: 2015 FRS - FFR GTM
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
We used to have full Racer-X front and rear set-up but a few months ago I blew out the FR LCA and needed a replacement.
As I have a set of Racer-X front LCA's although car isn't running yet. I'm curious about how many miles you drove on them,, and what happened to your FR LCA??? Nice writeup BTW.

2015 FR-S - One Day I'll Finish The Swap
gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
Doozer

Drives: gt86...among others
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpvette View Post
As I have a set of Racer-X front LCA's although car isn't running yet. I'm curious about how many miles you drove on them,, and what happened to your FR LCA??? Nice writeup BTW.
We drove on the gen1 racer-x LCA's for over 100,00km. The car was originally a track car with some daily. It's now a daily with some track.

We used to switch the bushing from solid on race weekends to PU for street but all these swaps caused fatigue. Combined with slamming curbs the threaded ends eventually just wore out. See attached GIF

Racer-X are great and highly recommend. I reached out to them in April but I think Covid slowed them down a bit. CSG had the SPL's in stock so we decided to try.

Here's the only video I have of the daily from back in 2015. Curbs were smacked and LCA's never had a problem.

Attached Images

gtpvette (10-04-2020)