follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #1
Big Tambo

Drives: GT86 2012 Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can anyone tell me how this 86 is setup? Snoopyaliens I think?

Hello FT86 land,

Saw this photo of an 86 on google, linked back to this website, think maybe one of your members owns it - Snoopyalien24 maybe? I want to do the same to mine, wondering if anyone can tell me the rim size, tyre sizes and amount of drop?

Just got my 86 a few months ago, done nothing but the TRD spoiler so far, but i'm mad into this setup, maybe be the first like it in Scotland when im done!

Thanks,

Tim
Attached Images

Big Tambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #2
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tambo View Post
Hello FT86 land,

Saw this photo of an 86 on google, linked back to this website, think maybe one of your members owns it - Snoopyalien24 maybe? I want to do the same to mine, wondering if anyone can tell me the rim size, tyre sizes and amount of drop?

Just got my 86 a few months ago, done nothing but the TRD spoiler so far, but i'm mad into this setup, maybe be the first like it in Scotland when im done!

Thanks,

Tim

@ModBargains.com
@Snoopyalien24
Can you help this guy out? The photo is in one of your posts here:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=14
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
corry29

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Welcome to the forums..

I think you're better off if you were to PM this Snoopyalien24 for more info on the car's setup.
corry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to corry29 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-04-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 11:35 PM   #4
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Photochopped.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Juvenile (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 06:07 AM   #5
Juvenile

Drives: 86 GTS
Thanked 1,430 Times in 417 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Correct^^
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:13 AM   #6
Curtski96

Drives: Pearl white '13 frs
Garage
I think you're better off to build your car to fit your own style. Try something new not just copy and paste other people's know what i mean.
Curtski96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Photochopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile View Post
Correct^^
Yep, and not even a secret:
"The pictures I attached are of course photoshops, but they'll give you a good visual of how they look on the car:"
Old 05-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #8
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtski96 View Post
I think you're better off to build your car to fit your own style. Try something new not just copy and paste other people's know what i mean.
Aside from not being the answer the O/P's looking for. They're obviously committed to performing similar mods otherwise why all the effort to track down more info?

Tim its your money. Live life without regrets and I hope you find the answers you're seeking.

If nothing else I would try and work out the wheel type and then read through the wheel thread on our site http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7535

Could be a set of Black Enkei RPF1's which are really popular. If so you will find a good number of posts around fitment and clearances.

Hope this helps you.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
Curtski96 (05-30-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 05:07 AM   #9
Big Tambo

Aye I see its photoshopped, found the original... a totally standard BRZ. The Black Enkei RPF1's look similar and good, could be a good option, the wheel thread is great, so much choice though its almost overwhelming!

What I really found about that photo was the tyres large profile looking so good, unusual to see it, disappointing to find out that its a photoshop effort.

Thanks for the help boys!
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Tambo For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 05:26 AM   #10
Mim

Quote:
Aye I see its photoshopped, found the original... a totally standard BRZ. The Black Enkei RPF1's look similar and good, could be a good option, the wheel thread is great, so much choice though its almost overwhelming!

What I really found about that photo was the tyres large profile looking so good, unusual to see it, disappointing to find out that its a photoshop effort.

Ah you might actually find this neat little meaty tire thread more beneficial then! There's plenty of space in our arches, no need to stick huge wheels in there when a more meaty tire might fit the bill nicely.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41083

Just do some proper research into the trade offs, which should be covered in the thread anyway.
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
The Following User Says Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 06:02 AM   #11
Big Tambo

Aye that thread is great, Although its making me doubt i'll get away with a 1" drop and bigger profile tyres even on 17 alloys, don't want it sitting so high I'm getting nosebleeds!
Old 05-31-2016, 06:32 AM   #12
Mim

Quote:
Aye that thread is great, Although its making me doubt i'll get away with a 1" drop and bigger profile tyres even on 17 alloys, don't want it sitting so high I'm getting nosebleeds!
12.5cm. That's stock ground clearance so it really depends on your priorities ie what sort of roads and driveway's you encounter and whether this is a daily driver.

The flip side is you will still be able to lower the car, eliminate most of the tire gap and if you add some ground effect body kit parts all round you might still end up with reasonable ground clearance, but make the car appear quite low.

Not sure of your motivations and intentions around the sort of setup you are desiring so can't really speak to any options I've read of over the years sorry.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:31 AM   #13
Big Tambo

It sadly is a daily driver, and to make matters even worse occasionally my girlfriend has to drive it. Going to order the eibach pro-kit just now and go from there!

Thanks for your help - Great forum, so much information.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Tambo For This Useful Post:
Mim (05-31-2016), Shedd22 (05-31-2016), Tcoat (05-31-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #14
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hello FT86 land,

Thanks,

Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
@ModBargains.com
@Snoopyalien24
Can you help this guy out? The photo is in one of your posts here:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=14
Quote:
Originally Posted by corry29 View Post
Welcome to the forums..

I think you're better off if you were to PM this Snoopyalien24 for more info on the car's setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Photochopped.
Quote:

Sorry I am late to the party. I used to get non stop requests on chopping things together for other members while the car was on back order.

It is indeed a chop.
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyalien24 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (09-08-2016)