follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #15
JS + BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 MS3
Thanked 1,161 Times in 597 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh you are in LA haha. Didn't know. Yeah, Young is a good guy.

Great build so far. Let me know if you need any interior done, we can get the Blue Alcantara to match too if you are into it.
JS + BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JS + BRZ For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (09-18-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #16
Hikari1

Drives: 2016 BRZ Hikari
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by opramwew View Post
For the Scion Armrest W/HyperBlue Stitching, who did the HyperBlue stiching for you? I am looking to get my Tom's armest stiched for Series.Blue.
I would also like to know...
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107326
Hikari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:10 AM   #17
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS + BRZ View Post
Oh you are in LA haha. Didn't know. Yeah, Young is a good guy.

Great build so far. Let me know if you need any interior done, we can get the Blue Alcantara to match too if you are into it.
Yeah very local to you! Young is one of the many amazing people I've met in the SoCal car scene. I am thankful for his tutorship and help with my build. Needless to say I will continue to have plenty of work for AutoTuned. Thank you for the support of my build and I hope to bring your amazing art into the fold in the near future. I will definitely be in touch!

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 10-12-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Jordan Silveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:24 AM   #18
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I like your changes. You can try to install also the STI flexible tower bar. It was installed by default in the HyperBlue edition in Australia. Not sure why it didn't make it to the US:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OXtjpPzHzg"]2016 BRZ Hyper Blue Edition | Subaru Australia - YouTube[/ame]
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (09-18-2016)
Old 09-18-2016, 04:44 AM   #19
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
I like your changes. You can try to install also the STI flexible tower bar. It was installed by default in the HyperBlue edition in Australia. Not sure why it didn't make it to the US:

@nikitopo thank you for support of my build I very much appreciate it! I noticed this in both the Australian and Canadian "Hikari" editions and admittedly am a bit jealous but oh well what can you do. It definitely is on my to do list along with the draw stiffener amongst other STi pieces but one thing at a time. I am a bit tapped out at the moment for something that I should be able to reveal in the coming week or so but that's all I can say for now.

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 10-12-2016 at 02:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordan Silveira For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (09-18-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 03:39 PM   #20
one2onejackpot

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice build. I was looking for a color matched thread for HyperBlue to replace the red stitching on the Toyota sliding armrest, but after searching for about 2 months, I finally decided to get mine done in all black alcantara. Your's turned out really nice.

My 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue Build
one2onejackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to one2onejackpot For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (09-19-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #21
one2onejackpot

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Silveira View Post
I had to clean up the cargo tray quite a bit but the car cover and cargo tray now look like new.

Overall, it was a purchase I am pretty happy about.
I really like how you got that cargo tray looking nice and new. PM me how you did it. My driver's side WeatherTech floor mat looks almost as bad as your tray did. I can't seem to get it cleaned up for the life of me and the other 3 mats look brand new.

My 2016 Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue Build
one2onejackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #22
Jordan Silveira

BRZ3N Update

Hey there,

Sorry I am back from a long hiatus on my build. Since the time of the last post I haven't done anything too extraordinary, I mean well something but first, I was able to pick up a TRD Performance Air Intake and I seriously cannot begin to explain how happy this modification made me. It has made a significant difference in my day to day driving and I have suffered no real drop off in fuel economy. I feel better throttle response, butt dyno is happy and the sound is more throaty. The deletion of the sound tube I thought was underrated until now. That thing is so unnatural and diminishes the experience. The throaty growl coming from the intake and deleting the sound tube has made a world of a difference. This is definitely one of the best mods and I was able to get it for a steal. I did however have to put a bit of elbow grease into it to get it cleaned (pictures below).

Okay, so...here comes the extraordinary announcement I was referring to earlier. I have been waiting to reveal something that was originally supposed to be unveiled during the weekend of SubieFest but life happens but here it is... a 1 of 1 OEMAudio+ created Series SL paint matched in HyperBlue. The Series SL was a made to order limited quantity run of dual subs for FRS/BRZ owners that were made for those really looking to up the ante on audio. Whether you're an audiophile, a bass fiend, or just someone who truly appreciates a simplistic audio solution that brings concert hall level audio reproduction, this system could confidently stand up to the task at many shows and audio events. I believe there are somewhere around ~25 or so of these Series SL solutions in the world and needless to say I was able to get one by happen stance. HUGE THANKS OEMAudioPlus, the whole team but especially Sandy and Daniel. They are amazing people and have been there to help me time and time again. Words cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for what they were able to do to help me accomplish this part of my build. So... while there is around 25 or so of these solutions, you'll notice I said 1 of 1. Well, the reason for that is a couple of things, the first being that my subs are color matched to a limited series vehicle, Series.HyperBlue. However, a few others have certainly paint matched their Series SL so that's a minor difference, the real reason I consider my system 1 of 1 can be attributed to the back bone and electrical side of the system. I have somewhat of a complicated way of describing it so I will do that below.

The key difference comes in the set up of my amps and how each integral piece of the solution is being powered. I have 3 amps. One OEMAudioPlus 8-channel, 360 watts DSP amplifier. This amp resides in place of the factory 2-channel door speaker amplifier. This 8-channel DSP amp is responsible for running the front dash tweeter and 4 inch carbon fiber midrange on each side of the vehicle on channels 1 & 2. The rear upgraded 4 inch speakers that are part of the Series SL are ran on channels 3 & 4. The two 6.5 inch door woofers on each side of the vehicle are ran to channels 5 & 6. For channels 7 & 8, well those are responsible for sending the subwoofer signals to the next part of the puzzle, my two other amps. These two other amps come in the form of Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 amplifiers that each possess 300 watts. Thus, a total of 960 watts! To get more specific, these Rockford Fosgate amps are running in 2-channel mode (150 watts per channel) to each 4 coil, 8 inch carbon fiber cone woofer in their respective sealed 15 liter HyperBlue enclosures on each side of the vehicle.

That was convoluted I'm aware but it's all in the details. As for the entire package, I simply couldn't be happier. From an aesthetics perspective, the paint match is impeccable, the install is extremely clean. No visual footprint. The guys over at OEMAudioPlus even made my harnesses in blue! The sound is exactly what you'd expect. Unbelievable! Truly astonishing! It looks like the subs in the trunk are part of the fender. We were able to make the kit fit with the Subaru OEM cargo tray (with some trimming of course). We also made it so that in a pinch I should be able to pull the spare tire with ease without removing the enclosures. Anyways, I've gone on long enough I apologize for the lengthy post but hey, it's all in the details. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, qualms, etc. Let me know and I will do my best to respond promptly!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:15 PM   #23
Jordan Silveira

EOY Update

Hey there FT86Club,

Just another update on the status of BRZ3N and where we are in the build process. I have no new mods seeing as the most recent OEMAudio+ addition ate into a big portion of my budget for change. With that said though I have also found a new passion. Admittedly I was building onto an already beautiful car and while there's nothing wrong with that, I realized I was chasing a build with the wrong foundation to start. In my eyes at least, it doesn't make too much sense to keep adding pricey changes to the car if one of it's most important characteristics and foundation, its paint, is marred, swirled and everything in between. I have a lot and I mean a lot of paint correction to tackle and I have been educating myself with the world wide web as much as possible. Thank you to Adam's Polishes and Junkman2000 for the help in this regard. With that said, where my Christmas time car budget for changes would have gone is now transformed to getting all the things needed to take proper care of my baby BRZ3N. Below is a shot of my arsenal and since that pic, have also added the Adam's Swirl Killer (15mm long throw, random orbital) Polisher orbital. It's going to be a long process but hopefully by the time I am done that paint will shine flawlessly and perfectly!

Old 12-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #24
Ethereal05

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Awesome build! Great to see someone doing the same style build that I am doing. I always get weird looks when I say I am going for a OEM performance only build. Keep up the great work!
Ethereal05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal05 For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (12-06-2017)
Old 05-04-2018, 04:24 AM   #25
Jordan Silveira

I'm Back!

Hello FT86Club,

I know that I have been quite the disappearing act! What can I say, I've been busy. It's been over a year since the last update! Wow, 2017 flew by and here we are almost half way through 2018. Life's crazy! Anyways, I won't wax poetic for too long about why I've been missing. I've been watching the forums throughout, just didn't have much to report on about BRZ3N! Looking back on 2017, I moved to a new home due to job relocation as I'm now out in Riverside and the Inland Empire for work. I proposed to the love of my life last November! Lastly, I'm positive that I'm forgetting so much more that happened. In short, 2017 was much less about building my car, and more about building me! Many things changed and I've grown in many different ways. As such, BRZ3N took a bit of the backseat in my life while other things progressed. I got to sit back and enjoy the journey mile by mile! Smile after smile! Nonetheless, I am incredibly happy and blessed at where I am in life and couldn't be more thankful for the things in life I do have.

With that said, enough about me and more about BRZ3N! I mean that's the purpose of this whole journal right?! Channeling back to my update a year ago. I decided to slow down on mods and focus on maintaining my BRZ for what it has now. Mainly, the PAINT! I went all out and taught myself (through a mixture of hard learned experience & trial and error). I took on detailing my car and even went through a whole paint correction stage around this time last year. The result you ask? A beautiful car that was as desired, pristine in the paint department. I washed, clay barred, polished, sealed, etc. It was an endeavor to say the least but well worth it! I learned so much! I must admit however, I haven't been able to maintain it as much as I had hoped. A large part of this is due to moving and my new parking situation is less than ideal to keeping my car clean; resulting in more washes and as such, more paint correction needed.

BRZ3N just passed the quarter mark and is almost at 26,000 miles now! It's been nothing but a blast the whole way through. While planning a wedding has definitely taken it's toll on my finances; I'm lucky enough to say my lovely fiance understands and supports my passion for building BRZ3N as I intend. I've been trying to exercise restraint and moderation in modifying the BRZ but have mostly failed haha! I have picked up quite a bit of stuff and while most of it still needs to be bolted on. It's progress nonetheless. I'm a slow and steady wins the race kind of guy anyways. Would I love it to all be done now? Sure, but that wouldn't be any fun would it? I'll continue to update the build thread and hopefully more routinely this time. I'll leave a few photos of BRZ3N post-detailing endeavors! Enjoi and until next time!

Old 05-06-2018, 05:16 AM   #26
Jordan Silveira

Fuji Fun

How’s it going FT86Club Fam,

I’m here to report on another update to the BRZ3N Build! Let’s call this… Fuji Fun! To preface the reveal, I’ve been long deliberating on which header I would go with for my car. I’ve heard people sing the graces of ACE, JDL, Tomei, etc. The one I seldom heard anything about…. Fujitsubo! In my search and investigation, I knew I wanted a few things from my exhaust set up: reliability, catted, performance, and arguably most important…marginalizing noise increase. After doing as much research as I could on the Fujitsubo SuperEX exhaust manifold, it seemed like it ticked most of the boxes for me. I did really want the Subie Rumble that accompanies unequal length headers, but I understood that equal length had its advantages too. Now look, I get it; Fujitsubo is damn expensive! Ridiculously expensive when you compare it to other options. I’ll be the first to admit that one of my core tenets of my BRZ3N build is doing it on a tight budget. Hell, I often have flirted with the idea of calling my build the BoB build. “Built on a Budget”. I’ll also admit that I am a person who has a taste for the finer things in life but a pocket for the cheapest things. However, I’d rather save and save and wait and wait until I can get the quality thing that my heart desires.

With that said, I did plenty of research in the time that I was patiently saving and waiting and must say, I was quickly enamored by the information I dug up on Fujitsubo. Plenty of credit to @mav1178 for his Fujitsubo factory tour along with the many other sources taking note on Fujitsubo’s quality craftmanship and their history. History dating back to supplying performance exhausts to OEM vehicle manufacturers, adhering to strict JASMA compliances, etc. When I finally got my hands on the SuperEX exhaust manifold from Fujitsubo I was very impressed by the workmanship and build quality. All welds are A+ quality, as Fujitsubo is known for. For those unfamiliar, the Fujitsubo SuperEX exhaust manifold comes with both your equal length catted header and overpipe. This accounts for 2/5 of your exhaust set up. The other three are your midpipe, muffler, and of course, front pipe.

Speaking of which, I also decided that since I was all in on Fujitsubo, I might as well go with their Dual-Resonated Front Pipe. As expected, this piece of the exhaust puzzle was just as magnificent as the header and overpipe. What can I say, Fujitsubo lives up to their name! Huge thanks to @Mr.Impreza for the help in progressing the BRZ3N build and information regarding this front pipe. The dual resonated set up surely aids the big priority I had with keeping the exhaust close to stock in sound. I’m not really into a loud and obnoxious set up. I know that many others love it, but it’s just not my style. At this point I was all but tapped out financially so it was a waiting game to get them bolted on to the BRZ.

I eventually found the time to get an appointment at AutoTuned where Young as usual was amazing and nothing but generous in his time and effort to get these bolted on along with other general maintenance that I came in for. It’s been a while since I’d seen Young, but AutoTuned is booming and busy as usual! If you haven’t had the chance, find time to meet with Young and if you ever need anything done to your 86, Young is your guy! There’s plenty of praise for AutoTuned on the forums but I just wanted to sing their praise! As it stands right now I’m running the Fuji SuperEX header and overpipe to go along with their dual resonated front pipe. My midpipe and muffler remain stock for the time being. Though, I should add, I have not tuned BRZ3N yet!

That concludes this update. Thanks again for reading on the journey and progress of my BRZ3N build. I hope you enjoi and there’s more to come. I promise!

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-06-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #27
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Man this car looks great. I love this blue so much. Just needs wheels and taillights to finish it off IMO. Keep up the great work. Also post a video of that exhaust note. I am curious what it sounds like.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elliotw For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #28
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotw View Post
Man this car looks great. I love this blue so much. Just needs wheels and taillights to finish it off IMO. Keep up the great work. Also post a video of that exhaust note. I am curious what it sounds like.
Elliot, thank you so much for the support and kind words. Let me tell you, you're far too kind. I'd love to hear your opinion? What wheels and tail lights would "finish it off" for you? I have the 18-inch Enkei STI's that are now finally stateside from the tS. Just waiting to wear the factory tires out before those go on. Will do on the exhaust note. It's a bit throatier but nothing too loud if that's what your seeking. Definitely a deeper tone though.

Also, get ready to laugh but I'm glad you love this blue. I have my moments with it. Believe it or not, most of the time I wish I would have gone with a more subtle color... say DGM or SWP.

Last edited by Jordan Silveira; 05-24-2018 at 02:17 AM.