follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #29
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMB FR-S View Post
Again no LAWS being bypassed or TAXES avoided just less shipping cost. And I would assume it's pretty hard to alter a photo ID without making it look like crap. If they wanted something less alterable I could have e mailed a pdf doc.
it's 2015, technology is pretty advanced and someone in high school an alter a picture making it believable.

They have no reason to help you avoid shipping costs.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #30
UMB FR-S

Drives: Ultramarine Blue FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
There is also nothing wrong with shipping to a ups store
Old 03-18-2015, 11:39 PM   #31
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
At this point, if you still want to purchase from them, you would have to paypal as a gift or send a cashiers check. It's the same amount of trust you expect of them, to ship to an unconfirmed address, unmatching name on card and customer. You expect them to take that risk, would you?(send away!!) Now you know how it feels.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #32
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Okay, well you're still not listening to any of us. Even a vendor chimed in his opinion.

Goodnight.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:46 PM   #33
UMB FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
At this point, if you still want to purchase from them, you would have to paypal as a gift or send a cashiers check. It's the same amount of trust you expect of them, to ship to an unconfirmed address, unmatching name on card and customer. You expect them to take that risk, would you?(send away!!) Now you know how it feels.
Neither of these options were given to me and yes I would send a cashier's cheque as I have no reason to doubt I would get the product.

I also don't care to purchase from them any more I'll purchase the rims in another colour and have them painted bronze over giving then my business.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #34
UMB FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Verbal permission and written permission with signature is totally different. She can dispute charges anytime as the customer was a different person(you), so the credit card companies would side with her and refund her money. It would be left up to NLmotoring to contact the Canadian authorities to chase the customer, which I am sure they don't care as NLmotoring does not pay Canadian taxes aka their paycheck.

So all three things were different?
1. Customer. You
2. Payment. Your GF
3. Address, not confirmed. (as you wanted shipped to a ups store)
RED FLAG.
And its not a $150 bucks. Did you order ONE wheel? I bet you ordered 4. And shipping is not free. That is why they don't ship to a non-confirmed address.

Did you even attempt to do it through paypal?
The form they sent had her signature which would be written permission which she would not be able to dispute....
Old 03-18-2015, 11:52 PM   #35
UMB FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSpec View Post
yeah, I don't think they did anything wrong. What really triggered the investigation and canceling of your orders are

1. Your 2nd order within short period of time
2. Shipping to non billing address

IF this same thing happen to us, I'll reject your order as well. We have see many fraud happen exactly like your situation above.
Yes I ordered a set of rims for my parents 350z at the same time so I could pick it all up at the same time doesn't really constitute as suspicious it's all to save me an extra drive to the border to pick it all up.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:58 PM   #36
swarb

Quote:
Neither of these options were given to me and yes I would send a cashier's cheque as I have no reason to doubt I would get the product.
You can certainly request that option. They probably don't deal with this type of thing all the time. The easy(safe) way for them is just to not take the order. But if you send money, I don't see why they won't accept it. Try asking.

Quote:
The form they sent had her signature which would be written permission which she would not be able to dispute....
Yeah, and then you would notarize it and mail that signature to them? In the end, if something were to occur where there is a dispute, which court of law would they go to? California or Canada? LOL.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution and get your wheels at a great price!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:01 AM   #37
swarb

pm sonicmotor on here, or check their website www.sonicmotor.com Not everything is listed on the website, but they offer great prices and maybe they can price match or at least get close.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:04 AM   #38
RavSpec

Drives: Rx7
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
UMB FR-S, it's not your fault ... not at all. BUT you have no clue how much fraud and how many different ways people will try to scam us / vendors.

We are all being very careful especially shipping to non-billing address order.

Even paypal ... we got chargeback as well. It's a shitty world out there.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RavSpec For This Useful Post:
86SPEED (03-19-2015), b2autodesigns (03-20-2015), CSG Mike (03-19-2015), N_A (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 AM   #39
UMB FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSpec View Post
UMB FR-S, it's not your fault ... not at all. BUT you have no clue how much fraud and how many different ways people will try to scam us / vendors.

We are all being very careful especially shipping to non-billing address order.

Even paypal ... we got chargeback as well. It's a shitty world out there.
Indeed it is. in the end like I said I am just frustrated because I can't get the exact wheel elsewhere. And after having planned to get this I was excited to get it all set up on my car. Now I have to find the wheel somewhere else ( already contacted sonic motor as I had dealt with them before I chose the bronze finish ). Turns out it's going to be hard to find the 530 18x18.75 +33 in stock. Same thing with the wheels my parents liked the hyper silver is proving hard to find right now too. So instead of having everything on the way I'm now back to square one having to find both wheels and get them shipped so I can pick up the rest of the parts on the way to the border also. In the end I have trust in the vendors and people I deal with and it's odd to not be trusted from a vendor.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #40
UMB FR-S

Garage
Quote:
pm sonicmotor on here, or check their website www.sonicmotor.com Not everything is listed on the website, but they offer great prices and maybe they can price match or at least get close.
I chatted with them already unfortunately the items aren't in stock! Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 AM   #41
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
The real issue at hand, is that the vendor does not want to open themselves up to the possibility of you saying that it's a fradulent charge, because the items were not shipped to the billing address. The credit card would side with you, and the vendor would be out both items AND funds, and getting chargebacks is not good for your processing record.

While I understand that it is frustrating to you, the vendor does not have any obligation to sell you the item either.

If you sold someone an item on paypal, would you ship the item to an address that is not their paypal address? I bet you probably wouldn't.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:43 AM   #42
UMB FR-S

Garage
I have sold an item to someone and done the transaction through an e transfer and sent it to where it was asked to be sent. Had no issues with the sale. I get that some people may take advantage but gotta be a way to make things work cant turn a customer to the door.

When I ordered my stockpile of oils from CSG last spring I had it shipped to ogdensburg. You guys were excellent to deal with and offered me some very fair pricing. Unfortunately part of the order went missing (project mu brake fluid) but in the end you guys did great customer service and 're sent the fluid to me. Big props for going the extra mile CSG! I'll be needing to get more oils next spring and I know who to see when the time comes.

Closed Thread