follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #29
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoQuinn View Post

WELP they were actually working, they'd just falling out of the housings? lol Melted right through the bumper cover. Sigh.

hehe... underbody lighting for free!

keep up the great work
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boomerang For This Useful Post:
DiscoQuinn (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #30
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,322 Times in 7,380 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
-Stage 1 OFT tune ~ 0% improvement. Nearly unnoticeable, don't waste your time.
What version where you running and did you bother to datalog and see how the car was running? Most people, myself included, did notice a difference though even mostly stock, my car required a lot of tweaking on the base OTS tune to get the car where it really needed to be.
bcj (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 01:11 PM   #31
DiscoQuinn

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
What version where you running and did you bother to datalog and see how the car was running? Most people, myself included, did notice a difference though even mostly stock, my car required a lot of tweaking on the base OTS tune to get the car where it really needed to be.
Version is unknown, no data logging, all butt dyno.

It is noticeable, but nearly unnoticeable. The gain isn't balanced with the cost. Our little island lost it's only dyno to bankrupcy recently. The goal of the car isn't measured performance, but felt performance, and the feel of the stage 1 OFT tune wasn't a very noticeable improvement in driving feel.

I installed OFT 1 in hopes to improve the throttle response and consistency of foot - throttle plate relation, and it doesn't improve that aspect at all. That's why it gets a 0% on my little scale. It's more about reading a higher HP number on a dyno, then improving the communication between driver and car. <3
DiscoQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #32
villainous_frx
Off to the track!

Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Thanked 1,150 Times in 462 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
It is noticeable, but nearly unnoticeable. The gain isn't balanced with the cost.
I felt the same way, so I just flashed back to the stock tune. The improvement was "there", but very overrated for the price imo.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #33
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,322 Times in 7,380 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Version is unknown, no data logging, all butt dyno.

It is noticeable, but nearly unnoticeable. The gain isn't balanced with the cost. Our little island lost it's only dyno to bankrupcy recently. The goal of the car isn't measured performance, but felt performance, and the feel of the stage 1 OFT tune wasn't a very noticeable improvement in driving feel.

I installed OFT 1 in hopes to improve the throttle response and consistency of foot - throttle plate relation, and it doesn't improve that aspect at all. That's why it gets a 0% on my little scale. It's more about reading a higher HP number on a dyno, then improving the communication between driver and car. <3
A big issue I had with the base OTS tune is the MAF scaling was way off and it caused a lot of the complaints you are describing. That is the main reason I was asking. The ECU does a good job of compensating to keep the car running safe, but it results in poor throttle feel since it happens after the fact. A lot of that can be user tweaked through modifying the tune through romraider. There are a lot of how-to's on that in the software section and plenty of guys willing to offer up advise if you post the logs to datazap.
DiscoQuinn (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 02:00 PM   #34
DiscoQuinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
A big issue I had with the base OTS tune is the MAF scaling was way off and it caused a lot of the complaints you are describing. That is the main reason I was asking. The ECU does a good job of compensating to keep the car running safe, but it results in poor throttle feel since it happens after the fact. A lot of that can be user tweaked through modifying the tune through romraider. There are a lot of how-to's on that in the software section and plenty of guys willing to offer up advise if you post the logs to datazap.

I'd just like to download a tune and run it. I'm uninterested in tweaking and monitoring, which is counter-culture to the software tuning culture.

My car is 100% mechanically stock, even still have the original cats. I'm trying to change a little as possible with the biggest improvement in driveability; all the threads I've read are about deleting cats and using E85 fuel which isn't available in my area nor is it an interest to me. So I gave up digging as it felt like the wrong mindset for my project was popular in that section.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiscoQuinn For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (11-03-2021)
Old 02-28-2022, 04:36 AM   #35
DiscoQuinn

Welp I've failed, and I'm selling my car. Just not enough money to continue the Archetype project. I really couldn't find the resources to tackle the problems I wanted to correct.