follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Imti
~Hachi Roku~

Drives: 2013 Firestorm GT86 A/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IMTI's Firestorm Toyota 86 - DELIVERED! *in Dubai

UPDATE: 20th October, 2013

Installed the TRD spoiler, check page 3 for before & after.

UPDATE: 25th July, 2012

Picked up my car today from the showroom. Had 25Km on the ODO but that's okay I guess. Rust proofing was done day before. Apparently, they raised the charges for the rust proofing service from AED 700 to AED 850 but since I had paid 2 weeks in advance I was honored with the earlier price tag.

Meaning I shall be placing an order for the DC exhaust tips with that money. Wohoo!!

Here are some pics.

Some gifts that were shared by Toyota when we left the showroom. Recieved 2 of these.

Some sweets too because Ramadan had just started

Drove around the showroom a bit.

The BRZ like interior that comes with the mid-spec. It's also got knee pads around centre console and speakers. Wow, saw some vender sell those for a total of $200 in the forum somewhere.

Parked outside the showroom after delivery. So that Mrs. can get to drive the car we came in.

Parked next to my family hauler

My first 86 Kilometers in the GT86. Lovely Car.

Will take more pictures over the weekend.

Cheers
~Imti

24th July. 2012

Ok, images first. Explanation later

Smart Key Fob that comes along with it. Showing both sides.

So it's 11:45pm on 23rd of July, quite late at night and my sales guy (aftab) calls me n breaks the news. He tells me the car is being unloaded into the showroom. He was heading home since it was close to midnight and he had to Fast in the morning. I hang up knowing full well my sleeps gone. Zzz.. woke up few hours later to make Fast myself >_< Do'h

Anyways, I reach work early today and Aftab sends me these 4 pics taken from his jello-filled lens of a phone camera. (So my apologies for the grainy, low light pics.)

I go nuts after viewing them! Email em over to every colleague who had been in on the news. They go ecstatic too. All gather over my desk and start asking me awesome to absurd questions. "When are you getting it?", "How much down payment you made?", "Insurance must be high?", "You letting us all test drive it, right?", Blah blah yada yada.

They don't realize I'm not even in the same room. It was a great day no doubt.

I may not sound as excited as the rest of you recent owners. Probably because I ordered mine on 2nd of June. Today marks the 52nd day. In between, I had changed my base M/T(Hot Lava) to Mid-spec A/T(Firestorm), effectively adding AED 20K to my bill (OUCH). Researched day night whether I could afford to get the mods everyone else on this forum so eagerly showcases in their journals.

Maybe, I'm exhausted with all the wait and want to just drive it. Or till I come back to my senses and realize I have now become part of history which my grand kids are gonna proudly share with their kids n friends.

MODS
I'll update as I add stuff to my car.

For now this, NEVERBEEN (Joke about the Nurburgring) Sticker Decal is what I ordered from Ebay

And waiting for a few key fob silicone covers if that counts.

>>*Also if anyone of you hadn't noticed, Our Dubai bound GT86's lack the JDM tips being offered with 86 purchase in Europe/Australia - So I'm in final stretch of talk with Al-Futtaim, Toyota's local dealer, to supply free of cost JDM exhaust tips for all GT86 owners.
They want me to come meet them on a weekday. Was hoping if I could bunch up few local 86 owners and then visit Toyota. Perhaps this will add pressure for them to do what is being sold as part of the GT86 elsewhere. Write up here in this thread or PM me if you're in Dubai and want to join the cause. *

*UPDATE 25/7
: Met with them on the day of delivery. Helpful bunch but at first kept thinking I was asking for the quad exhausts. Wasn't until I showed them the JDM tips they realized their mistake. It was a good meeting nonetheless. They even offered me a job saying I knew more than them(Product manager + Head of customer care in the meeting) about Toyota. LOL let's see what they will offer. I can't see my car naked like that from the rear so ordered the DC sports tips for the time being.<<

IN SHORT
My car is here but still at the dealer for rust proofing to be done. Wow, last stretch before it hits home. If I'm lucky I may get to ride it out of the showroom by tomorrow afternoon.

Otherwise, weekend(Fri&Sat here) it is. I'll update you guys along with the progress I make owning this thing in the coming days.

Cheers
:happy0180:

~ IMTI

UAE - Lightning Red Mid-Spec - Delivered 25th July'12 > IT'S HERE <

Last edited by Imti; 10-20-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Imti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Imti For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-12-2012), Guff (08-05-2012), ROJ (10-06-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Imti
~Hachi Roku~

FIRST MOD

Thought I had saved some money from the cheaper rust proofing. Immediately ordered a pair of "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D4MA30/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_pYieqb143Z5R6"]DC Sport EX-1012[/ame] Exhaust Tips" . These should be sooooo much better than the deleted tips >_< that we get. Check first posts grainy pic from 86's rear to see what I mean.

Amazon estimates I should receive them between 7th-17th August.

I want to share my impressions. But I hardly got time behind the wheel. I think I've not even gone past 100Km yet. But soon. Weekends nearing and I'll keep the impressions pending till after. Wish me the best!

Last edited by Imti; 07-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imti For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (08-12-2012), Guff (07-27-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
Gaiakai

Drives: '21 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Congratulations! Great color choice

About those knee pads, even the BRZ Limited here in the US doesn't get that, which is why you're seeing vendors selling for that price (import costs I guess). I'm actually planning to buy a set as well lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaiakai For This Useful Post:
Imti (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats mate! Car is looking good. I feel your pain, also ordered in early June but have another 90 or so days to go.

Is rust a big problem in Dubai? All Toyota cars come with a 5 year rust warranty.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
rick

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Mabrook!!! It was worth the wait!!! Even I was looking forward your delivery! Mines gonna take a few more months!

Looks super!!! Enjoy your new ride bro!

Just a quick question you will be filling it up with Super98 or the Special95 ? As such the car requires anything 90+ so I was a bit confused.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Imti
~Hachi Roku~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiakai View Post
Congratulations! Great color choice

About those knee pads, even the BRZ Limited here in the US doesn't get that, which is why you're seeing vendors selling for that price (import costs I guess). I'm actually planning to buy a set as well lol
Thanks buddy! I read your post at work. So I took pics of the interior to check what else is there. As I'd been reading the forums non-stop till I got my car, I could easily spot some of the items that were not made available with the FR-S brand. And I'm sure there are items that are missing in my car too but are available in UK/Australia (Nav unit, Bolt On tips, Spoiler etc.).

Let me see if I can share these differences in interior pics later tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
Congrats mate! Car is looking good. I feel your pain, also ordered in early June but have another 90 or so days to go.

Is rust a big problem in Dubai? All Toyota cars come with a 5 year rust warranty.
Thanks! Well, now that I drove my car for a day in city traffic (although bumper to bumper and ODO nearing 100Km only). I can confidently say, I'm psyched again for the car. The ride is superb.

Also, the excitement at work was remarkable after everyone saw the car in person. Thankfully, I remained grounded when there was lots of praise being offered for the 86. Learned a good lesson not to be a douche-bag like another work mate who'd bought his Maxima years ago.

Yes, rust is a problem here. I'm no expert on the subject but I've had a few cars (one of mine/others of friends) which had become victim of this beast after only a few years of ownership. Namely Toyota's of various sizes and shapes.

But know that it's charged separately on top of cars price and it is offered as an option for the buyer. Cost me roughly USD $200 to get it done from the dealer. I could had bought a beat-sonic shark fin (shipped) with that much money and then some. But I'm sure rust proofing will show its worth some years down the road... I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
Mabrook!!! It was worth the wait!!! Even I was looking forward your delivery! Mines gonna take a few more months!

Looks super!!! Enjoy your new ride bro!

Just a quick question you will be filling it up with Super98 or the Special95 ? As such the car requires anything 90+ so I was a bit confused.

Thanks Rick! Indeed it was worth the wait. Would be wonderful to have a local 86 (old n new) owners meet up.

And regarding the fuel. Well, I filled mine with Super98 to be on the safe side. Would be interesting to know from other Dubai owners about their fuel choice. But hey, it felt awesome to cut the long lines at the gas station to get filled on the left side of the pumps. I was out of there in minutes while others waited for 15-20minutes to get their turn

The Following User Says Thank You to Imti For This Useful Post:
rick (07-26-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #7
Imti
~Hachi Roku~

Went to Dubai Creek at Sunrise today to take the following pictures.
Let me know if you like them.

Buying some new Tires for the Epic burnout.

Full stream of 59 pics here

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Imti For This Useful Post:
DIG1992 (08-03-2012), FT86Dubai (04-20-2013), Guff (08-05-2012), iBalushi (01-04-2013), Sushi (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #8
os86

Drives: 2jz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nice shots. Red looks good .
Are you a local (emarati)?
os86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to os86 For This Useful Post:
Imti (07-28-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #9
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
nice cars man! love the color

let me know when you're ready to purchase the plate frame
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86_ZN6 For This Useful Post:
Imti (07-28-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
Drunknhero

Drives: 13 Firestorm
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
i want them fog lights =(
Drunknhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
Froylavin

Drives: GT86
Garage
Congrats on your car Imti!

My car is exactly the same but Raven Black Here in Lebanon, we didn't get the JDM exhaust tips either. The cars sent to Lebanon and Dubai seem identical in features. Please let me know if you gain any traction with your talk so I know if I should even bother with the dealer here in Lebanon.
Froylavin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Froylavin For This Useful Post:
Imti (07-28-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #12
rick

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Nope dont like any of the photos! LOVE them!!!

Im glad you even have the time to post them up for us! I dont plan to get off the seat till im done with 1000km!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #13
ft86-UAE
turbo FT-86

Drives: ft-86
nice color ...

if you need a rear spoiler for the FT i order few for my car and friends from Five Axis.

Cheers.
ft86-UAE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ft86-UAE For This Useful Post:
Imti (07-28-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #14
Bacon
i liek turtles

Drives: 2002 Honda S2000
Awesome photos! The "Neverbeen" sticker made me laugh, I have to get one myself!
Imti (07-28-2012)