follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #17319
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
talks different, different mannerisms (meek as CK), and the glasses. i dunno, people probably just don't expect it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nov7vSkmU"]L&C - 02x18 Clark Kent is Superman Duh! - YouTube[/ame]
Old 09-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #17320
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Attachment 50806

Finished test driving my mom's new car. VW Beetle TDi. My feedback?

Cons:
Seats are so stiff! I won't be able to do long drive.
Steering is way too stiff. This isn't a race car, don't need this much stiffness.
Suspension setup isn't right for daily driving.
Coming to full stop slowly have a bit of problem. (AT trans).
You thought, FRS/BRZ was gutless, oh no! This sucker is so gutless at low end w slow turbo kick.

Pros:
Looks a lot better than gen before
Gears up & down decently smoothly.
After boost kicks in, it's bout right HP.

Overall, I would never see myself buying Beetle TDi. Not because it lack HP or stiff seats or any of those. Concept of this car was great... Just it's lacking so much stuff. Unless I spent extra $3~4k w after market parts, it won't be comfortable DD car.

Sent from my mighty mind
I thought the seats were good, the trim level was above par, and the overall design was a major improvement. I haven't driven it yet, but you mention its a TDI version. I would expect some stiff suspension, but it no R-line version. So yeah, I don't blame you for not like it since the car is meant for daily driving.

Curious, did your mom get the regular TDI or diesel version?

Quote:
Lil Monday 86 bitching a bit...

Why there isn't any clean wide body kit for this car... All of em are working too hard & making it busy. KEEP IT SIMPLE & CLEAN!!!!!
I'm still waiting for you and @WingsofWar to develop the kit in your signature.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (09-09-2013), WingsofWar (09-16-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #17321
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisked Accolade View Post
My cat of 17 years-- and my best friend-- died today at home. I wrote a few words about him.

[I]You had more style, class and character than some people I could name. I found you on the driveway in Mississippi when I was seven and you’ve been my best friend ever since. You were there for me in your own way through every difficult day of school since 4th grade. You were there through every relationship, breakup, move, and day of unappreciated work—you were always there—and I’m sorry if ever I’d taken you for granted. You’ve gotten me through more tough times than anyone else, but not having you here is the toughest time I’ve ever had to face. The house feels so empty without your presence and it’s heartbreaking to not have you next to me. You were the one thing I could count on no matter what my day was like—you always made it better. Even if it were just by your eagerness and joy to see me when I returned home. Our time together was short but I know thanks to you, that it’ll have been the best time of my life. To say that I miss you is the greatest understatement of my life—there is a fundamental part of myself that has gone empty today and it will never be whole again. I love you, Sylvester-- the greatest friend I’ve ever known.
I really wish you the best man. Much like you, I love my cat and can't see a day in the future without her. I hope you get through this day and the others as well as you can manage. And to Sylvester, I'm sure he'll remember all the days you took great care of him.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
Asterisked Accolade (09-10-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #17322
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
GOing to vegas next week. Anyone know anything going on ? 19th thru the 22nd
Old 09-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #17323
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
I thought the seats were good, the trim level was above par, and the overall design was a major improvement. I haven't driven it yet, but you mention its a TDI version. I would expect some stiff suspension, but it no R-line version. So yeah, I don't blame you for not like it since the car is meant for daily driving.

Curious, did your mom get the regular TDI or diesel version?
Regular TDI, I highly doubt she bought diesel version.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you and @WingsofWar to develop the kit in your signature.
LOL we'll see... I had one of small Japanese body kit maker was asking for this design & few stuff... but iirc he went with different rout to show it off in TAS
Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #17324
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Because I have an FRS to daily!

And does your brother like cars? I'm on the executive board of the Illini Auto Club and I'll happily recruit him up! What's his name btw? Maybe he's already joined? W have a decent amount of new freshman....
Nah he's not a car guy.

Hurr. Drivin that fancy new car around.

@Dimman hey so I've been wearing my Seagull M182SK for 2 weeks now and it runs about 1 minute fast per week (but I manage to keep it in a high state of wind), so not as good as my other one which stayed within 1 minute for as long as I could remember. The finishing on the metal is not that great, there's a smudge on the back side of the movement, and under light you can tell that the metal wasn't polished to a smooth finish before plating (it looks like plating), but for 135 bucks I can't really complain. Aesthetically, a little worse than the see-through Swatch I used to wear (but then the strap holder thing cracked rendering it useless). Everyone notices it and compliments me on it
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
Guff (09-10-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #17325
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Nah he's not a car guy.

Hurr. Drivin that fancy new car around.

@Dimman hey so I've been wearing my Seagull M182SK for 2 weeks now and it runs about 1 minute fast per week (but I manage to keep it in a high state of wind), so not as good as my other one which stayed within 1 minute for as long as I could remember. The finishing on the metal is not that great, there's a smudge on the back side of the movement, and under light you can tell that the metal wasn't polished to a smooth finish before plating (it looks like plating), but for 135 bucks I can't really complain. Aesthetically, a little worse than the see-through Swatch I used to wear (but then the strap holder thing cracked rendering it useless). Everyone notices it and compliments me on it
I think you need to be careful with the crowns when winding them. And don't play the piano with it!

I bought a Seiko Premier a while ago, with the 4Rxx movement that is now replacing the 7Sxx. Slide rule bezel. Very nice, makes me consider a 2nd gen Monster now...

Could probably play the piano with the Monster (Real divers have a high shock resistance requirements), but it might throw off your balance. They're pretty big.

Because titanium.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #17326
kanundrum

http://gizmodo.com/chopstick-straws-...-fo-1278468818

Chopstick Straws (YEP) Will Change How You Eat Ramen Forever

Tradition or not, slurping soup broth directly from a bowl can be an awkward experience, if only because you often end up with it dripping down your chin. But instead of letting all that tasty broth go to waste because you don't have a spoon at your disposal, hopefully restaurants will see the genius in Julian Lechner's hollow chop stick design he's named Soup Straws.
They look and function like a run-of-the-mill set of chopsticks, but it's what's inside—or not inside—that makes them extra useful. An opening at the end, coupled with a series of holes near the tip, allow you to sip broth or other liquids in between mouthfuls of noodles, meat, and veggies. Tragically the Soup Straws are just a concept design right now, waiting for someone to find a way to make them cheap and easy to mass produce so the world no longer has to slurp the last bits of a meal. [Julian Lechner via MoCo Loco]
Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #17327
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Regular TDI, I highly doubt she bought diesel version.
Wait a minute, isn't TDI stands for Turbo Diesel Injection or some sort? If your mom gets a TDI, it is the turbo Diesel version.

The complete spec line up for US VW:

http://www.vw.com/en/models/beetle/trims-specs.html

140 hp/236 lb-ft with 3115 lb curb weight, it will not be fast but fairly fuel efficient...
The Following User Says Thank You to Want.FR-S For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #17328
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I could imagine someone will need to sell a special cleaning brush for this thing. Think about the things that could clog within the stick....
Old 09-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #17329
kanundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
I could imagine someone will need to sell a special cleaning brush for this thing. Think about the things that could clog within the stick....
just pop it up right in a dish washer on those prongs should be good
Old 09-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #17330
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
Wait a minute, isn't TDI stands for Turbo Diesel Injection or some sort? If your mom gets a TDI, it is the turbo Diesel version.

The complete spec line up for US VW:

http://www.vw.com/en/models/beetle/trims-specs.html

140 hp/236 lb-ft with 3115 lb curb weight, it will not be fast but fairly fuel efficient...
Huh, never knew that. I thought they had a gas version lol

236tq? It didn't feel like it had that much tq... It felt like 190tq-ish. Maybe 190wtq? Lmao
Old 09-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #17331
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
I think you need to be careful with the crowns when winding them. And don't play the piano with it!

I bought a Seiko Premier a while ago, with the 4Rxx movement that is now replacing the 7Sxx. Slide rule bezel. Very nice, makes me consider a 2nd gen Monster now...

Could probably play the piano with the Monster (Real divers have a high shock resistance requirements), but it might throw off your balance. They're pretty big.
What could go wrong with the crown? I confused.

This one isn't an ETA2824 based, it's the ST16 aka Miyota/Seiko hybrid or something like that, and I think the hand wind is okay to use. The ST21 improves the ETA2824's hand wind but it will still break if you try to use it too much. The hand wind is geared up WAY too high, it hurts my finger to try and wind it. Probably explains the reliability problem.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #17332
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
What could go wrong with the crown? I confused.

This one isn't an ETA2824 based, it's the ST16 aka Miyota/Seiko hybrid or something like that, and I think the hand wind is okay to use. The ST21 improves the ETA2824's hand wind but it will still break if you try to use it too much. The hand wind is geared up WAY too high, it hurts my finger to try and wind it. Probably explains the reliability problem.
Thought it was a handwind only you picked up. My bad. Problem seemed to be the crown twisting of its stem with the low end winders. Better and cheaper than breaking a mainspring, but still annoying. Don't know if it's from people over winding or metal fatigue over time. Or a combination.

The hand winding on my SARB's 6R15 is so light and smooth I thought it wasn't working. But that's because some of my vintage winders are geared pretty high. You hear tictictictic-CLICK, when winding, the loud click is the mechanism kicking back when released.

Also, for fun, do the math on the accuracy of your watch's 1 minute/week. Mind blowingly awesome...

Because titanium.
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?