follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #29
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86 & '17 Tacoma TRD
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,422
Thanks: 540
Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,369 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueno86power View Post
My first goal was to make a Toyota 86 GR "replica" but the OEM lips are damn too expensive (about 6K total...) and I never found a aftermarket lip that gave the same look. I was searching for a front lip and side skirt that don't need to drill out your rocker panels.
If you ever do decide you wanna go for the GR stuff, I've managed to track everything down including part numbers and stuff. When I priced it all out new, I was able to find the front lip with the side extensions and the side skirts for a little over $2,500 shipped to the US brand new. All that would be left is the rear spoiler which would come to around $700.

I got lucky and got a used GR front lip on YAJ for $300.

Just putting it out there in case you ever opt to go that route in the future.

The car is looking good though. Excited to see what else is in store for it. The 57DRs go so well with it.
__________________
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #30
trueno86power
[||•]=(86)=[•||]
 
trueno86power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Quebec
Posts: 817
Thanks: 144
Thanked 374 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
If you ever do decide you wanna go for the GR stuff, I've managed to track everything down including part numbers and stuff. When I priced it all out new, I was able to find the front lip with the side extensions and the side skirts for a little over $2,500 shipped to the US brand new. All that would be left is the rear spoiler which would come to around $700.

I got lucky and got a used GR front lip on YAJ for $300.

Just putting it out there in case you ever opt to go that route in the future.

The car is looking good though. Excited to see what else is in store for it. The 57DRs go so well with it.
Thank I love both set of wheels, but I admit I have a sweet spot for the RPF1.

Well I'm pretty sold on the Tom's lip since well my bumper is now drilled and it does a "front splitter" at the same time I'm quite happy with it. I did go with the TRD side since they offer some mudguard style protection without the ugly look of a mudguard. But I did goes with the Zenki one, the weird shape of the Kouki one are... weird.

2500$ US is a good price, but don't forget that I'm in Canada... With the CAD dropping lately, It would cost me 4-5K shipped to my door.

My Tom's/TRD combo costed me +/- 2500$ CAN with shipping, duties and everything. My front Tom's lip have the "flat black" painted option and the side were pre-painted white too.

Even if I don't have any "real" GR parts except for the badges, both TRD and Tom's played a role at time for 86 racing development. That's enough for me haha.

Plus it give my old 2017 86 (lol) a fresh new look :P

My exterior setup is mostly done, I'm waiting for a part that will complement the rear to fit the rest of the car.
__________________
trueno86power
GR | TOM'S | TRD
2017 Toyota 86
trueno86power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #31
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86 & '17 Tacoma TRD
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,422
Thanks: 540
Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,369 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueno86power View Post
Thank I love both set of wheels, but I admit I have a sweet spot for the RPF1.

Well I'm pretty sold on the Tom's lip since well my bumper is now drilled and it does a "front splitter" at the same time I'm quite happy with it. I did go with the TRD side since they offer some mudguard style protection without the ugly look of a mudguard. But I did goes with the Zenki one, the weird shape of the Kouki one are... weird.

2500$ US is a good price, but don't forget that I'm in Canada... With the CAD dropping lately, It would cost me 4-5K shipped to my door.

My Tom's/TRD combo costed me +/- 2500$ CAN with shipping, duties and everything. My front Tom's lip have the "flat black" painted option and the side were pre-painted white too.

Even if I don't have any "real" GR parts except for the badges, both TRD and Tom's played a role at time for 86 racing development. That's enough for me haha.

Plus it give my old 2017 86 (lol) a fresh new look :P

My exterior setup is mostly done, I'm waiting for a part that will complement the rear to fit the rest of the car.
Oh yikes. I didn't realize the current exchange rate for you guys was that crazy.

You made a good choice with the Tom's lip and TRD sides though. It flows together very well. I actually really like the way the TRD sides look that I'm considering doing it for mine as well. I need to figure out what the cost difference would be compared to the GR stuff when factoring in paint for the TRD ones though. I'm suspecting the TRD stuff would actually cost quite a bit more in the end for me, even with shipping costs factored in for the GR sides. But we'll see.

The hardest thing for me right now is trying to figure out what wheels to get lol. I really wanna do bronze 17x9 TEs with 245s, but part of me wants to go a more OEM+ route and go for like 17x8 with 225s or something. Problem is nobody really makes that size in a decent offset for 5x100.
__________________
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #32
trueno86power
[||•]=(86)=[•||]
 
trueno86power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Quebec
Posts: 817
Thanks: 144
Thanked 374 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Oh yikes. I didn't realize the current exchange rate for you guys was that crazy.

You made a good choice with the Tom's lip and TRD sides though. It flows together very well. I actually really like the way the TRD sides look that I'm considering doing it for mine as well. I need to figure out what the cost difference would be compared to the GR stuff when factoring in paint for the TRD ones though. I'm suspecting the TRD stuff would actually cost quite a bit more in the end for me, even with shipping costs factored in for the GR sides. But we'll see.

The hardest thing for me right now is trying to figure out what wheels to get lol. I really wanna do bronze 17x9 TEs with 245s, but part of me wants to go a more OEM+ route and go for like 17x8 with 225s or something. Problem is nobody really makes that size in a decent offset for 5x100.
Thanks, and what I like buying OEM parts its yes they are more expensive but damn they fit right. The TRD side skirt are installed with no rocker drilling ! I'll finish my rear "diffuser" installation this weekend... pictures soon

Enkei have a nice lineup of 17X8 wheels but... offset are high. It's sad because they are great looking. I was considering the Enkei TFR before I found my set of RPF1, it look a bit like the OEM GR wheels and they are nice looking even in weak offset (+45 if I'm right) They could look good in 17X9 +45 but you will need coilovers for tire/strut clearance. They are available in "cooper" that would look awesome on your car. I know, the "tuners" series is not made in Japan but still they are great wheels.

__________________
trueno86power
GR | TOM'S | TRD
2017 Toyota 86
trueno86power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:33 AM   #33
trueno86power
[||•]=(86)=[•||]
 
trueno86power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Quebec
Posts: 817
Thanks: 144
Thanked 374 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The final touch is installed, Bayson R rear diffuser. It's actually a replica of the TRD Japan for Kouki 2017+ 86 but it's only the lower section. No bumper cutting ! It come prepainted flat black but I've painted it with Sem Black Trim to match the texture on the black section of the bumper.


IMG_20200411_193241 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200411_193423 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200411_193520 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200411_193602_MP by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr
__________________
trueno86power
GR | TOM'S | TRD
2017 Toyota 86
trueno86power is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trueno86power For This Useful Post:
MCTeeJ (04-20-2020), weederr33 (04-19-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #34
tehShirt
Senior Member
 
tehShirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 411
Thanks: 476
Thanked 308 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueno86power View Post
The final touch is installed, Bayson R rear diffuser. It's actually a replica of the TRD Japan for Kouki 2017+ 86 but it's only the lower section. No bumper cutting ! It come prepainted flat black but I've painted it with Sem Black Trim to match the texture on the black section of the bumper.
IMG_20200411_193241 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200411_193423 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200411_193520 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200411_193602_MP by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr

I love clean builds, really nice mods here. The diffuser and spats combined is perfect!
tehShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tehShirt For This Useful Post:
trueno86power (04-12-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 06:00 AM   #35
Blackson
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: 91 Celica GT-S
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 34
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I love the TOMS lip! Do you think the lines would match a '15 BRZ front end? Or do the sidrs protrude more than the center?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Blackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:14 PM   #36
trueno86power
[||•]=(86)=[•||]
 
trueno86power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Quebec
Posts: 817
Thanks: 144
Thanked 374 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehShirt View Post
I love clean builds, really nice mods here. The diffuser and spats combined is perfect!
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackson View Post
I love the TOMS lip! Do you think the lines would match a '15 BRZ front end? Or do the sidrs protrude more than the center?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks, it's the only (except for the GR one) lip that I like on the 2017+ 86 bumper !

I don't think it would fit, the lines of the 2017 86 bumper is very different to the 2015 BRZ bumper. Since it's a diffuser and a front lip, I dont see how you would be able to install it on a BRZ bumper. It's made in fibreglass so it's not flexible.

__________________
trueno86power
GR | TOM'S | TRD
2017 Toyota 86
trueno86power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #37
trueno86power
[||•]=(86)=[•||]
 
trueno86power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Quebec
Posts: 817
Thanks: 144
Thanked 374 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New pictures again


IMG_20200412_175448 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_175643 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_180048 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_180121 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_180345 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_180502 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_180907 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_180928 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_181109 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_181339 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_181543 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr


IMG_20200412_181559 by Jean-Sébastien Girouard, on Flickr
__________________
trueno86power
GR | TOM'S | TRD
2017 Toyota 86
trueno86power is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trueno86power For This Useful Post:
MCTeeJ (04-20-2020), Thefalls (04-18-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 08:04 PM   #38
Copy
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: BRZ
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28
Thanks: 24
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Your car is so clean! I love it!
Copy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Copy For This Useful Post:
trueno86power (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 10:07 PM   #39
trueno86power
[||•]=(86)=[•||]
 
trueno86power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Quebec
Posts: 817
Thanks: 144
Thanked 374 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy View Post
Your car is so clean! I love it!
Thanks buddy
__________________
trueno86power
GR | TOM'S | TRD
2017 Toyota 86
trueno86power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #40
Thefalls
Member
 
Thefalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: Corolla GT
Location: Sunny place.
Posts: 49
Thanks: 129
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Very clean car and looks neat.

Exterior mods flowing nicely together.
Keep it up.
Thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thefalls For This Useful Post:
trueno86power (04-19-2020)
Old 04-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #41
trueno86power
[||•]=(86)=[•||]
 
trueno86power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Location: Quebec
Posts: 817
Thanks: 144
Thanked 374 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefalls View Post
Very clean car and looks neat.

Exterior mods flowing nicely together.
Keep it up.
Thanks I'm really happy with the end result !

I've installed yesterday a new mod, the TRD Japan short shift. I really like the feel of it, It's not that shorter but shifts feel crisp and direct now. Plus, it don't bring any strange noise like many other quick shift or stiffen bushing mods.
Attached Images
 
__________________
trueno86power
GR | TOM'S | TRD
2017 Toyota 86
trueno86power is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trueno86power For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (04-19-2020), MCTeeJ (04-20-2020), weederr33 (04-19-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 05:20 AM   #42
LancePower
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Drives: 2020 BRZ tS
Location: NJ
Posts: 340
Thanks: 30
Thanked 118 Times in 72 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I also just install the USDM STI Short Shifter, which I think is the same as the JDM TRD.

Slightly shorter throws, more positive feel and a bit less side-to-side slop.
LancePower is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trueno86power - 2017 Toyota 86 TRD trueno86power Member's Car Journals 61 10-29-2018 09:49 PM
2017 CHRYSLER PACIFICA MINIVAN VS 2017 TOYOTA 86 WHO WINS IN A DRAG RACE??? Extreme Dimensions Off-Topic Lounge 6 06-08-2017 08:59 AM
trueno86power 2015 Toyota 86 trueno86power Member's Car Journals 70 02-04-2017 03:18 PM
SOLD trueno86power partout -15-16 Toyota Fob cover trueno86power Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting) 18 11-29-2016 07:44 AM
trueno86power: 2013 Scion FR-S RC trueno86power Member's Car Journals 3 04-23-2015 07:39 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.