follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #57
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoNgThOnG View Post
Dealership Name: Palmers Toyota Superstore
State: Alabama
City: Mobile
Brand:Toyota/Scion
Salesman to talk to: Diana Register (Sadly, I didn't talk to her when I got mine)
Reference desired: Tell them Fong sent you.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 2

Details of your experience with the dealership: I was looking for an Ultramarine 2014 FR-S. The first salesman said he located one for me that was near since they didn't have but 2 FR-S's that were 2013 White and Silver 10 series.

I waited a week and was called by another salesman who told me the closest Ultramarine was in North Carolina and they couldn't get it cause it would cost too much. So I asked for Raven next and they located two of them, four hours away.

They went to pick it up early in the AM, didn't get to the dealership till roughly 8:30 (They close at 9). I didn't mind all the pollen on the car, but the least they could have done was remove all the stickers off the window and not leave the trash in the car before they gave it to me.

The whole time, they kept trying to get me to buy the 2013 Silver 10 series that I DID NOT WANT. The guy that sold it to me didn't even know how to drive an MT -.-

I'm sure I wouldn't have had any trouble if I dealt with Diana Register.
I thought everyone in the area bought their Toyotas from Eastern Shore.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #58
FoNgThOnG

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I thought everyone in the area bought their Toyotas from Eastern Shore.
Eastern Shore wouldn't even try to locate me one so I just went to Palmers since I used to work there. Didn't even try Springhill Toyota even though it's right down the street from the dealership I work at.
FoNgThOnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #59
VeezyF

Drives: Scion FR-S
Dealership Name: Earl Stewart of Palm Beaches
State: Florida
City: Palm Beach
Brand: (ie Scion, Subaru or both) SCION
Salesman to talk to: NONE! They are stupid
Reference desired: (ie tell them Bob sent you, etc)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: a few but no hot lavas

Details of your experience with the dealership: Josh the son is an idiot. He kept quoting me super high for a Hot lava auto they didn't even have on the lot, also they refused to show me a dealer slip and vin of the car. They won't budge and keep citing pure price .. they wanted $27,900 for a stock base hot lava 2013 yes 2013 automatic HAHA!
VeezyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #60
Riftur

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I went to Toyota Hollywood to check out the FR-S and the salesman didn't even know where they were located on the lot. That dealership is horrible. I ended up buying mine from Autonation Toyota Weston.

Last edited by Riftur; 02-22-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Riftur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:55 PM   #61
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: Subaru Chatham Parkway
State: Georgia
City: Savannah
Brand: Subaru
Salesman to talk to: None
Reference desired: None
Allocation left? None

This was in 2017, I went for a Free oil change. After 30 minutes of waiting, I was approached very nervously from the guy that drove my car around to the left. He mentions that he accidentally curbed one of my wheels, no not stock. Enkeis. It wasn't a minuscule thing either, It was a yellow paint transfer about 10-15 inches long. This clearly meant that the car was carelessly driven, NOT just a failure of proper clearance. I held my composure as best I could, until he insisted that he will get my wheel fixed. I instantly mentioned that I want a new wheel, and so it happened. I understand that we are all human, but just a heads up.

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:27 PM   #62
Mhaley777

Drives: 2022 GR86 Neptune Base AT
Eastern Shore Toyota

Dealership Name:Eastern Shore Toyota
State:AL
Cityaphne
Brand: (ie Scion, Subaru or both)Toyota (authorized dealer)
Salesman to talk to:
Reference desired: (ie tell them Bob sent you, etc)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

Details of your experience with the dealership:

Ok so this has been a pain since I walked in. Got a call from them they had at GR86 in Neptune on the lot. They told me it was premium and MT and then I got there and it was base with AT. It was neptune and due to scarcity I decided to go with it anyway. I ended up paying about 4k over MSRP and mostly just because my trade was worth so much they jacked it up. Once again...scarcity drove my decisions. The car was bought from another dealer so it was a pain to get it setup and ended up having to call toyota. They didn't get me the HDPE package that is supposed to come with it. They said they ordered me floor mats that never came. I contacted toyota and they had to try three times to get someone to call me about the issues. The salesman was great at the time he sold me then he disappeared after and wouldn't return calls or texts. It's funny so many people have bad experiences with Bob Tyler as since my purchase I've gone there for all my orders (GR Shifter, Vent Panels so far). As I have to do upgrades myself to get closer to premium I was mad to find out it was a base. Overall I would just steer clear of eastern shore. I spoke to their manager the other day who said he has never even heard of the HDPE program that is supposed to come with every GRSupra and every GR86. I'm at least in love with the car and the AT is still fun and responsive so I'm not unhappy with the car. Still have to update the duckbill and the stereo system. I doubt I can upgrade for the other safety features easily and I don't care about not having alcantara or heated seats as I live in a hot climate.
Mhaley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:03 PM   #63
e_lunatic

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Garage
Not a dealership but...

Dealership Name: Discount Tire
State: TN
City: Franklin (on Southwinds Dr)

Details of your experience with the dealership: Had a slow leak in a tire and needed it patched. I just moved here and in the past I would have taken the car to my work, pulled the wheel and tire and taken it to be patched but now that's not an option.
They tired to sell me new tires which I figured would happen even though my tires are still good especially considering its almost summer time. No harm, no foul.
I told them the lug key was in the glove box for the locking lug.

Upon completion of the work the kid walks up and hands me a destroyed lug nut saying it wouldn't come off. They did say if i can get it replaced they would pay for it and just to bring them the receipt. Turns out they just used the drive socket I keep in the glove box and not the key for the locking nut. I can take part of the blame on this I guess as I should have handed them the key but I figure the tire/wheel guys would understand what a key is and that locking lugs exist. If I do take my car back to them I will just stand outside and watch the work being done instead of trusting them to do the work correctly without oversight.
e_lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote