follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
MisterSheep

Old 09-21-2015, 05:03 AM   #3459
tintumz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Toyota 86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
That would be me. My name is Tony lol. There was another guy that went to the same school as me in NY. He drive from CA to NY for school and back afterwards. I don't know anyone's real name vs. their forum names. Except @PMok; I was driving behind him for a while and his license plate is ingrained into my head.

Anyway, the drive was great. I enjoyed the the first leg (from Alameda to CV) the most. This was my first drive and I didn't know what to expect. The first curve woke me up and I was having a ton of fun after that. I also enjoyed the part where we turned around after the junction, going back downhill. I definitely need tires now. The traction control was screaming at me on these stock primacies.

It was great meeting all of you NorCal guys. A great experience. Overall, I had a ton of fun. Glad I decided to wake up at 5am and make the trip from SF.

Too bad the phantom supercharger got electrecuted just before the drive!

2 for 2 for me! Had free time before going back to my cray work schedule and glad to join you guys! Me and the wife enjoyed the drive but wife got really excited with those windmills on the last part going to concord (Where is that place? The wife wants to get an upclose pictures of those windmills).

I'm still having rubbing issues but not much like last time. (that handbrake line!! Still need to smash it more!)

Here are some phone pictures.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442826172.270550.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  284.2 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442826186.851826.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  420.9 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442826202.902856.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  374.9 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442826223.219364.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  281.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tintumz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tintumz22 For This Useful Post:
exE36M3 (09-24-2015), PMok (09-21-2015), Pwolf (09-21-2015), Simpleviet (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #3460
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamune View Post
WHERES MAH STAR @PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBRZ View Post
Oh yeah! We never got our cards punched, @PMok! :eek:
Whooops haha I didn't remember the STARS until I had left Neal's shop... I will get you guys next time, just remind me when you see me next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintumz22 View Post
but wife got really excited with those windmills on the last part going to concord (Where is that place? The wife wants to get an upclose pictures of those windmills).
Excited, huh tell us more...

That road with the giant windmills is N Vasco Rd in Livermore. It's an awesome view isn't it, feels like you're driving through a virtual course in Gran Turismo...
Old 09-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #3461
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
I missed your "TLDR field reports" lol, glad to see you again!
Yes I knew there was something sorely lacking from this board recently, one of the best parts of a drive with @Simpleviet is his posts afterward.
Simpleviet (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 10:15 PM   #3462
Auzburner

Drives: BRZ Limited WR Blue Pearl 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
That would be me. My name is Tony lol. There was another guy that went to the same school as me in NY. He drive from CA to NY for school and back afterwards. I don't know anyone's real name vs. their forum names. Except @PMok; I was driving behind him for a while and his license plate is ingrained into my head.

Anyway, the drive was great. I enjoyed the the first leg (from Alameda to CV) the most. This was my first drive and I didn't know what to expect. The first curve woke me up and I was having a ton of fun after that. I also enjoyed the part where we turned around after the junction, going back downhill. I definitely need tires now. The traction control was screaming at me on these stock primacies.

It was great meeting all of you NorCal guys. A great experience. Overall, I had a ton of fun. Glad I decided to wake up at 5am and make the trip from SF.

RIT 👍🏽 It was nice meeting you.

Great drive guys. Thanks!
Auzburner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Auzburner For This Useful Post:
Simpleviet (09-21-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 02:58 AM   #3463
doggieboy09
Sènior Member

Drives: '22 BRZ |'13 BRZ SSC (formerly)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Hi yall! It's been awhile since I been on a drive. And now apparently we have @Simpleviet back in season. A couple of us are going to have breakfast at Alice's taking Hwy 9 this Saturday October 3rd. Anyone who wants to join we are going to meet up @

Peet's Coffee & Tea
El Paseo de Saratoga
1330 El Paseo de Saratoga
San Jose, CA 95130
@9:00 am
doggieboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doggieboy09 For This Useful Post:
PMok (10-01-2015), Simpleviet (10-01-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 04:29 AM   #3464
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Well I was hoping to join you guys but I won't make it after all. Dennis or Anthony if you guys can note who participated I will award 86Drive stars to those who make the drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 09:13 PM   #3465
Simpleviet
Right Foot Flat

Drives: Asphalt Lucille
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
October 3, 2015

The 2nd 86drive group drive of this year. I woke up 3Am in the morning...bathroom then I couldn't go back to sleep, so I stayed up till 5AM watching a game called Soma, Bioshock and Amnesia combined, it's a scary game. I went back to sleep and later woke up at 6:34AM. I was supposed to get some gas, instead I watched some more Soma while reading some e-mails. 7:34AM, I drove to Costco hoping nobody is there. It was short, 1 car wait, not so bad. Costco at 10AM-12PM it's hell getting gas. I drove home, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and dressed up. Ate some breakfast and off I drove to the meet.

I arrived there at Peet's Coffee missing Peet's Coffee onto Wells Fargo bank. I didn't see ANYONE there. I parked at an only Wells Fargo parking lot and walked around and checked out the scenery. I went back to my vehicle and re-parked then saw Dennis (@doggieboy09) there parked chilling in his black 86. We hung out and talked. I don't know how long we stayed there, definitely long past 9AM. Soon after, Trisha and Josh arrived, the guy with the hat, which I already forgot his name came by too. We were waiting for the last man whose name goes by Nico, Nickel, or Niko and his so-cal passenger? Something similar to it. However long we waited, he/they finally arrived. Off we go, rolling out to Basin Way as our start and our destination is Alice, a restaurant in the middle of a forest, serving great meals one at a time.

The 5 of us driving out together through the streets of Saratoga Avenue. Upon arriving to the village of Christmas lights, our engines roared and exhaust hummed as we exit out the village leaving a glimpse of an 86 mirage. For me, I haven't driven on this road for a long time. This roadway in particular is filled with densely thick green/dark green/light green wild trees and bushes. Some parts of the section of path, you can see over all these trees what looks like another valley with more trees if you stopped and take a look. There are some homes that are for sale up on this valley if you like to live in the woods and still be near civilization. The curves are big and some were small as we were driving through them. My back end was screeching in some of the wide turns. You got your side-winding roads built in there! Curve after curve with some straights here and there. A lot of bicyclist on the road so be careful as you drive! We were conga lining behind a Prius (?) for a long time. I can't remember. I enjoyed the cold air here! Hehe. After a while, we reached the 4 way intersection and made our way to Skyline Blvd. We broke our preciously beautiful viewing pleasures pace to a rabbit speed! Skyline Blvd. a road that is made up of large straight curves if you get what I'm saying and there are some spots definitely worth stopping to look out and enjoy the view of valleys and more forests of what California is made for! Too beautiful....how quiet it can be like you could hear a pin drop... I wished I didn't messed up. There a spot called Skyline Blvd Vista, where you can park your car safely and look over the area of Palo Alto, Redwood City, part of Mountain View, and maybe with an eyes of a Golden Eagle you could see Union City across the bay! Surely, it's worth a stop to enjoy the beauty. Especially in the morning, the fog blanket the city areas. Ultimately, we reached Alice and met up with another 86 driver there. @Pish, whose name is Josh. We ate some great food there. 4 Harley Burgers, biscuit and gravy, 2 eggs and beacon with a side of toast/French toast, some sandwich, and something I couldn't see from the other end of the table. The place is PACKED I mean PAAACKED. There's a sign no Alice parking across Alice. Did I mention the place is PACKED? The gas station improved with fancy a mini-store for you to buy things. I don't know what's inside I didn't enter. Someone can fill that in for me.

Overall, it was fantastically fun drive with a side of Prius car leading the way I had a great time re-visiting the area and become familiarized with the path. It was a delight to have met you all and that bee. Hahaha. Just remember drive safe and have fun. No pressure. Drive your own reasonable pace and have fun with it you know. :P

I'll have to cut this short...

After we all said our good byes. I drove down south of La Honda for the hell of it. Boy oh boy all them turns! A bunch of squiggly path and nice easy turn curves. Along the way, I took pictures. I spotted a Silver 86 parked on the right hand side. Whoever you are I found you! I reached La Honda Center. I parked and took some pictures. I spotted a white 86 drove passed the center. I found you too whoever you are! I drove back North of La Honda and this is where I messed up. Instead of making a right turn, I drove straight thinking that it was the right way lol I thought it was strange at the same time I'm pretty sure this was the right of way...I mean look at all the trees! Lawls. I was hell yeah this has to be right! I soon realized, I was wrong after seeing the outpost with a lot of convenience stores. It was a 4 way intersection that looked exactly like the Big Basin to Skyline Blvd one just without the stores. I was like screw it I kept driving. Looking at the handy dandy google map at home. I drove on Woodside rd. and exit out of 280 south. Goodness I, the road was packed and never again I want to drive there.... lol, too many driving cars. I forgot, I spotted a White 86 pulled over by the cops...I didn't see the driver and its passenger window had some plastic covering the window. I found you I hope you're all right whoever you are. I was definitely bummed that I couldn't take pictures heading the way I came; Skyline Blvd. I wanted to take pictures..... O-well. Next time.

That black license plate...with yellow lettering....What state has it other than California?
Don't pay any attention to the floating 86... Google failed me

Last edited by Simpleviet; 10-03-2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add short
Simpleviet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Simpleviet For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (10-03-2015), doggieboy09 (10-04-2015), lamune (10-04-2015), Pish (10-04-2015), PMok (10-04-2015), Pwolf (10-03-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #3466
doggieboy09
Sènior Member

Drives: '22 BRZ |'13 BRZ SSC (formerly)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
Well I was hoping to join you guys but I won't make it after all. Dennis or Anthony if you guys can note who participated I will award 86Drive stars to those who make the drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Me
Simpleviet
86Fresh
Nico
Veck
doggieboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to doggieboy09 For This Useful Post:
PMok (10-05-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #3467
srizzors25
Daedalus Moto

Drives: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 R6 Race Bike
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I'll have to get in on the next drive meet you guys do!

California is now printing yellow/black plates again, maybe it was a new one of those?
Old 10-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #3468
Ryder86

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone up for Skyline to Black Road this Saturday early morning. @PMok had a great Skyline route a month ago. I recently also notice that Black road from Skyline is now repaved. Pretty awesome technical section. We'll set a meeting place after gauging interest. Let us know what direction you'd be coming from to meet up.
Ryder86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #3469
Aussie

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I'd be interested in coming along
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #3470
Aussie

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
I'd be interested in coming along
From the HWY 9 end
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #3471
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder86 View Post
Anyone up for Skyline to Black Road this Saturday early morning. @PMok had a great Skyline route a month ago. I recently also notice that Black road from Skyline is now repaved. Pretty awesome technical section. We'll set a meeting place after gauging interest. Let us know what direction you'd be coming from to meet up.
Where would this be located? trying to look it up with no luck.
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.
MisterSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #3472
TofuJoe
Ohne Titel

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP ISM
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Black Rd goes from 17 up to Skyline (35) in Los Gatos.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bl...97fa71df44f074
TofuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote