follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 10-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
ISDriven

Drives: chill
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Buddy Club P1 Racing II Plus 18x8 +27/+20

Hello all,
I wanted to share my recent wheel and tire fitment in case anyone wants to know if these specs will work with our cars or not. I bought my BRZ back in Fall of 2014 and for the most part, has been is stock form.

With winter approaching, it was time to replace the original tires as I am down the ware markers. I had this a set of Buddy Club wheels with almost new Falkin tires sitting in my garage left over from my IS300 but, they are 5x114.3. I also was not sure about the fitment with the final offset from the 5x114 adapters. I priced out how much it would be to convert vs. new tires mounted and balance. For about the same price as it would be to get new tires, I was able to adapt the wheels and tires I already paid for that are just sitting, plus add some nice upgrades as well that were needed to obtain proper fitment.

I was a little worried about the fit going into this. I had some doubt, although I ran the specs through the fitment calculator countless times and compared it to several other members who are running a similar or more aggressive set up. I knew it was going to be close to flush but, you never know until you try. I can say for sure that I am pleased with the outcome. For the same money, (or less) as new tires installed, I did this instead…oh, and yes, I know the lip is bent on one wheel, I will get it fixed. Drive over a year like that with a much heavier car. It will be fine for now.

Setup is as follows…

Wheels: Buddy Club P1 Racing II Plus
Front: 18x8 +38 w/11mm Kics adapters make for total +27mm offset
Rear: 18x8 +35 w/15mm kics adapers for total +20mm offset.

Tires: 225/40/18 Falkin Ziex ZE960 AS on all 4.

Suspension: Hotchkis springs (1 inch lower), Whitline front camber bolts, and Whitleline rear subframe bushings to help center the subframe and help to balance rear camber side to side. The bushings were a great upgrade btw. They are one of those supporting mods that help with many aspects of the car. i/e. braking, shifting, cornering/drifting, etc…
Poke or flush?
From 10 ft away you would think was is flush. Looking closely, the fronts have a teeny tiny amount of poke. I am hoping to add some negative camber to the front, it may correct this. I will report back after the camber bolts are installed and I get an alignment.

Technical notes:

-Although the Buddy club wheels had recessions on the back of the wheel hub where the 5x100 studs would be poking through the adapters, I still had to cut the extra length off the studs for them to fit. It just didn’t line up right with the back of the wheel hub diameter.

-A 12x1.25 nut from Lowe’s with a washer or two made for a great cutting guide. It protected the threads and chased them as well once removed. Some light filing was required to smooth the sharp edges.

-If you convert to 5x114.3, your stock 5x100 spare will no longer fit. You will need to find a 5x114.3 spare. Check you local junkyards, they can also be found online, for a price.

Cost$$$:
-Hotckis springs -$179.00 from tirerack.
-Kics 11mm adapters $132.95
-Kics 15mm adapters $128.15
here: https://www.tunersports.com/project-...ts_p52551.html
-Whitline front camber bolts go for $36
-Whitline rear subframe bushings were $42
-12x1.25 bolts from lows were about $2 each, I bought 5 but only used 3.
Attached Images

Last edited by ISDriven; 10-25-2017 at 12:26 PM.
ISDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't confuse positive offset with negative offset. Those wheels are +
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swarb For This Useful Post:
ISDriven (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #3