follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 12-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Choong86

Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Injen SES Headers/ Agency Power headers

Does anyone have any experience with these headers? Keen to hear some reviews as I want to purchase but unsure as to which headers to get.

Alternatively just gonna go with borla uel
Choong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
I wouldn't put any of those 3 on my car.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Avoid Agency Power and @vividracing at all cost. They are a horrible company and just make knock offs. Their exhaust has so many problems according to some customers who were early adopters. Bad fitment/sound/drone you name it. They claim they make it in house but they have their parts made in Taiwan which is why you see so many quality control issues when it gets to the customers. They are a horrible company and were caught lying about the gains their cat back, headers, over/front pipe made all so they can get some sales. T
They copied the over/front pipe 1 piece design from nameless also.

Their was a huge thread, 3 of them that had them making excuse after excuse when they were caught in a lie. Then mysteriously the person posting on the vivid racing account would dissapear because of medical reasons or BS when they were called out regarding lies they said on these forums. Like they would make shit up and say someone either got fired, was on leave, has cancer or make up a bunch of BS. AVoid them at all costs. They are banned from most subaru forums for a reason. How they arent banned here after the whole fake dyno charts debacle is rediculous.

The Injen SES exhausts is nice. I would go with that over the AP one any day. But if I had to choose an exhaust with dual mufflers like the Injen/Agency power, I would go with ARK or Greddys limited edition GTS-v2 catback. That things a beauty and looks extremely nice/sounds great too.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
ramiram1984

Drives: 2016 STi DGM
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
You get what you pay for.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
vividracing

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Have you had a personal experience with us? You are entitled to your own opinion and I respect you for speaking out. However, if we were really a horrible company then I really don't understand why I have countless pm's a day requesting parts and getting one of our cars in this month's issue of Modified. I can tell you that Agency does have some flaws but they are still a separate company that even I have issues with. I know nothing of their operations and only sell their parts like many vendors here. Can you call out a Sam's club employee because of something that happened to you at Walmart? In my honest opinion, I always tell customer's if you can invest in a little more than go with something better. If you need a good deal and an inexpensive alternative, I will get you some AP items, because they have been updated and work. Thank you for your feed back. We appreciate it because it helps us improve.

If anyone has an issue with Vivid Racing current or past that has not been resolved please let me know and I will take care of you.

I apologize to the OP for taking up space in his thread. I am done here.

Jacky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
Avoid Agency Power and @vividracing at all cost. They are a horrible company and just make knock offs. Their exhaust has so many problems according to some customers who were early adopters. Bad fitment/sound/drone you name it. They claim they make it in house but they have their parts made in Taiwan which is why you see so many quality control issues when it gets to the customers. They are a horrible company and were caught lying about the gains their cat back, headers, over/front pipe made all so they can get some sales. T
They copied the over/front pipe 1 piece design from nameless also.

Their was a huge thread, 3 of them that had them making excuse after excuse when they were caught in a lie. Then mysteriously the person posting on the vivid racing account would dissapear because of medical reasons or BS when they were called out regarding lies they said on these forums. Like they would make shit up and say someone either got fired, was on leave, has cancer or make up a bunch of BS. AVoid them at all costs. They are banned from most subaru forums for a reason. How they arent banned here after the whole fake dyno charts debacle is rediculous.

The Injen SES exhausts is nice. I would go with that over the AP one any day. But if I had to choose an exhaust with dual mufflers like the Injen/Agency power, I would go with ARK or Greddys limited edition GTS-v2 catback. That things a beauty and looks extremely nice/sounds great too.
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vividracing For This Useful Post:
xia (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
Choong86

Drives: Toyota GTS 86
What about Injen headers? I know their intakes are good as I have one myself, and the exhaust sounds nice, but have no clue about their headers.

Additionally what about JDL all these are options atm for me
Choong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choong86 View Post
What about Injen headers? I know their intakes are good as I have one myself, and the exhaust sounds nice, but have no clue about their headers.

How do you know they are good?
Old 12-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
wootwoot

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Vivid racing was burned at the stake a while back over some BS here on the forum. They made a mistake in posting some dyno results and people jumped on them and said Vivid was trying to lie about the gains made by their products. It stemmed from a severe over reaction by a few forum members in my opinion. Anytime I contacted them they were very helpful. As far as fitment issues, EVERY exhaust company has had issues.

The products you listed are on the cheaper, and therefore, lower quality end of the spectrum. If it is what you can afford then that kind of solves the problem. If you can save up a little more money I would suggest buying a higher quality product.

As far as vivid, I would have no hesitation buying anything from them. They are good peoples.

Just my 2 cents.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wootwoot For This Useful Post:
vividracing (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Have you had a personal experience with us? You are entitled to your own opinion and I respect you for speaking out. However, if we were really a horrible company then I really don't understand why I have countless pm's a day requesting parts and getting one of our cars in this month's issue of Modified. I can tell you that Agency does have some flaws but they are still a separate company that even I have issues with. I know nothing of their operations and only sell their parts like many vendors here. Can you call out a Sam's club employee because of something that happened to you at Walmart? In my honest opinion, I always tell customer's if you can invest in a little more than go with something better. If you need a good deal and an inexpensive alternative, I will get you some AP items, because they have been updated and work. Thank you for your feed back. We appreciate it because it helps us improve.

If anyone has an issue with Vivid Racing current or past that has not been resolved please let me know and I will take care of you.

I apologize to the OP for taking up space in his thread. I am done here.

Jacky
You guys really don't want to revisit the 'misunderstanding'-filled thread, do you?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
StormTrooper

Drives: Pavement MT GR86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Car parts are expensive.... you get what you pay for.

If it's significantly less than invidia which does use Chinese manufacturing there is usually a reason.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
mswhong

Drives: FT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choong86 View Post

The injen intake being "good" is questionable.. the exhaust (assuming catback) would be no different or similar to any other catback for an NA car - minimal gains with the only difference being in sound.

Headers are different - you get what you pay for. Headers isn't just a simple piece of piping that connects to the rest of your exhaust, it is much different. As such, the tubing diameter. runner length and overall design is what sets between the average header and the really, REALLY, good headers.

Example - nameless, sard, HKS, HPI Takumi series.. the list goes on. If you really want a good header, you're going to be looking at a minimum of $1000AUD and that's without shipping. The steeper price point SHOULD indicate that proper R&D was undertaken when manufacturing the header; however, branding and naming also does affect price.
mswhong is offline   Reply With Quote