follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #1
AndehLu

Drives: 2015 Turbo Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost all car keys for 2015 subaru brz (push to start)

Hi guys I lost both of my car keys. I drive a 2015 subaru brz (push to start) key less entry.

I tried going to an auto locksmith at first and the guy is known to be the best in the area and have really good reviews and every time he tried plugging in his software or scanner in the obd under my dash it would say error, or can't communicate.

It's been about two weeks and he can't solve anything and I've been getting anxious. This morning I pulled the trigger and towed my vehicle to subaru. They told me they would take out the immobilizer and key module I believe and ship it out to subaru to get them wiped, and once they come back they will re program them completely. My concern is, if the autolock smith couldn't even connect with my vehicle then would subaru be able to?

I have an aftermarket turbo kit installed, and of course a custom tune through ecutek. My auto lock smith and his team believes its because of all my after market modifications and tune.

I posted in brz enthusiast page and a lot of toyota and subaru workers told me that it shouldn't have anything to do with a tune and I also discussed this with my tuner and he said it shouldn't as well. Have any of you guys had issues with something like this before? Will the dealer be able to reprogram my keys by doing what they said? Or would they have to replace my ecus etc.

I appreciate all the help thank you everyone.
AndehLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
AndehLu

bump
Old 05-05-2018, 01:16 AM   #3
sly

Drives: 2016 Cosworth 2.2 BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
You need to remove the EcuTek rom and flash back to factory original. Subaru uses a program called SSM and if you have race roms enabled through an ecutek tune, you can't access the ECU because it is encrypted to protect the copyright on the tune. If you flash back to factory ROM temporarily, they should be able to access the ECU and program a new key.

Once you have your new key, you can flash back to your Ecutek rom.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sly For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 04:22 AM   #4
AndehLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
You need to remove the EcuTek rom and flash back to factory original. Subaru uses a program called SSM and if you have race roms enabled through an ecutek tune, you can't access the ECU because it is encrypted to protect the copyright on the tune. If you flash back to factory ROM temporarily, they should be able to access the ECU and program a new key.

Once you have your new key, you can flash back to your Ecutek rom.
should be good though if I took a picture of the metal tag with the code on it right? heard that was the code to program the keys. but if that doesnt work i appreciate the advice

Tags
key fob, lost keys, no keys, subaru brz, turbo