follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 10-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Doors shaking like a mother

Hey guys, just a quickie. I enjoy my music but even with the weak OEM stereo the doors vibrate / rattle / ruin it all. You can't really dynamat a door card much ... I believe the issue is with cheap fasteners and clips because if you physically push on the panel from your seat everything sounds much better.

Any way to fix this easily?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
ScorpionOzzy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I wonder the same thing, my car isn't even 1000 miles in and it's rattling like crazy under light bass. Would love to see a solution
ScorpionOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
86 Dreams

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
http://www.frsport.com/Door-Stabiliz...p_61662.html#4
Mods: Work Emotion Kiwami, KW V3 coilovers, Invidia N1 Catback and Front Pipe, Cusco Front Strut bar, GT spec rear strut bar, Ecutek tune by JR Tuned, HKS Racing Suction, Password engine dress-up, Agency Power LCA, Perrin crank pulley, Phasetek 4th brake light, Raceseng 86er shift knob, Continental Extreme Contact DW, Grimspeed plate relocation kit, Tom's hood strut kit, Spyder tailights
86 Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
ScorpionOzzy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 Dreams View Post
I think the problem is more from the actual doorcard rattling against the door, not the door against the car.
ScorpionOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,110 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
A lot of it is the speaker surround panel, mine does it too, just haven't had time to try and fix it.
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
Squishy

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
I used ensolite (closed cell foam on my door card - practically all of the door card is covered in it) with a little of raamat (dynamat stuff) in small sections only - mainly the damn window switches.

The ensolite does the job of dealing with rattles best. The switches got some dynamat to help with resonance being right next to the woofers only. The closed cell phone deals with the rattles ( i put some around the stalks that the plastic door pins are mounted in) and I get nothing on my doors rattling. My only problem is the rattles I find everywhere else now that my doors do not rattle. Rear deck has been dealt with but now I have one in the dash behind/near the glove box that is annoying me at speed only.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Prog

Drives: 2016 Cadillac CTS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Change your EQ settings. This guy has an excellent post on it: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...response+curve

He recommends R4 or R2; I like R2 a little better, and the rattles went away and have made me at least 50% happier with the stock system. I have no clue why his post isn't a sticky. I found his exact post on another forum as a sticky and it is helping tons of people. *shrug*
Prog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prog For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,491 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog View Post
Change your EQ settings. This guy has an excellent post on it: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...response+curve

He recommends R4 or R2; I like R2 a little better, and the rattles went away and have made me at least 50% happier with the stock system. I have no clue why his post isn't a sticky. I found his exact post on another forum as a sticky and it is helping tons of people. *shrug*
hah, when this guy posted that thread long time ago. I took a pic on my phone and just copied it lol

I still get rattles but they are not obnoxious, only on a select
few hip hop songs but I listen to a variety of music so it doesn't drive me crazy.
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #9
Prog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
hah, when this guy posted that thread long time ago. I took a pic on my phone and just copied it lol

I still get rattles but they are not obnoxious, only on a select
few hip hop songs but I listen to a variety of music so it doesn't drive me crazy.
That's what I did; copied it exactly. Changed all of my EQ to his and saved it. Changed my Fader/Balance setting to R4 and R2, and R2 has a little more bass and still no rattles so I left it there. Still looking to upgrade the system at some point, but at least it's bearable now.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #10
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,491 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog View Post
That's what I did; copied it exactly. Changed all of my EQ to his and saved it. Changed my Fader/Balance setting to R4 and R2, and R2 has a little more bass and still no rattles so I left it there. Still looking to upgrade the system at some point, but at least it's bearable now.
Yea I want a sub and whatever but rather spend that $1k elsewhere :\

I just crank it and put the windows down and the wind drowns out the vibrations
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
rmjjensen

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited in WRB
I put sound deadening on the door itself. I have little vibration now in my doors - if there is any, I can't hear it.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
BRZer86
Wattya

Drives: 2018 Subaru WRX - Limited - 6MT
There has to be a simple solution to fix it. It is constant at low volume settings. I have also tried playing the EQ and very little, noticable difference. I wonder of the 14's with the knee pad on it makes a difference. Anyone know any 14 owners?
BRZer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
Prog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZer86 View Post
There has to be a simple solution to fix it. It is constant at low volume settings. I have also tried playing the EQ and very little, noticable difference. I wonder of the 14's with the knee pad on it makes a difference. Anyone know any 14 owners?
What kind of music are you listening to? I've tried rock, complextro/dubstep, and podcasts and I only get a slight rattle at a certain point in one complextro song with my fade/balance set at R2, which is more bass than R4. You set your EQ to the settings I posted?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
M_Dubbs

Drives: My lil bro has a white BRZ limited
I've done this on to BRZs, and it helped the both. Most of them have some buzzing caused by the window switch vibrating. I just used little pieces of dynamat like pieces of tape to join the door switch to the rest of the panel and it eliminated the buzz. That being said, I dynamatted the after doing that and both owners found the sound quality to be better.

In some other threads in these forums other guys have jammed a little foam or used foam tape to the same effect but I think you'll likely get great results from doing this one quick thing.
M_Dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote