follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #15
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hoping the other side of the equation will get their stuff together too for any special edition etc. it's quite possible hopefully before March tho

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (07-28-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
Hoping the other side of the equation will get their stuff together too for any special edition etc. it's quite possible hopefully before March tho
Historically speaking the time frames set for delivery by car companies are about as accurate as physics in the Fast and Furious movies. They say "next March" for delivery and then some dealers have them on the lots 3 weeks latter or "next March" should have included a year since the cars don't show up for months after they said they would be out.
I never could understand how this happens so regularly when the production of those cars is scheduled to the minute.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #17
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Historically speaking the time frames set for delivery by car companies are about as accurate as physics in the Fast and Furious movies. They say "next March" for delivery and then some dealers have them on the lots 3 weeks latter or "next March" should have included a year since the cars don't show up for months after they said they would be out.
I never could understand how this happens so regularly when the production of those cars is scheduled to the minute.
My thoughts too, I think perhaps there's something to do with customs? Port or even dealer transportation of them, it may be many step and different companies doing the shipping.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #18
AndrewC

Drives: 2017 White Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Why can't we all just get tracking numbers and actually dates. This is 2016 and a 28K purchase should have a damn tracking number lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewC For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #19
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
Why can't we all just get tracking numbers and actually dates. This is 2016 and a 28K purchase should have a damn tracking number lmao

Even in 2016 tracking numbers mean almost nothing. I don't know how many times I have ordered stuff and the tracking system tells me it is not left yet or is on route when I am standing there holding the order in my hand.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #20
Elleteeh

Drives: '17 Subaru BRZ CWP Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Yeah, I know right? I hate to keep asking my dealer about my car. I want to know what day it's projected to arrive so I can ensure nobody will get their dirty hands on my car except me. Last thing I want is some customer sitting in my driver seat with their muddy shoes or adding body odor in my brand new car smell lol
Elleteeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #21
AndrewC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleteeh View Post
Yeah, I know right? I hate to keep asking my dealer about my car. I want to know what day it's projected to arrive so I can ensure nobody will get their dirty hands on my car except me. Last thing I want is some customer sitting in my driver seat with their muddy shoes or adding body odor in my brand new car smell lol

Dude that's exactly how I am, I told them don't take the stickers and plastic off, don't wash it and don't drill the plates in the front bumper. I'll be calling once a week lmao

Old 07-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #22
Zoh

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Ordered mine last week, was originally told that it didn't matter what I added and that the time frame would be the same. Was quoted end of November for a WR Blue Pearl MT with Performance Package.

Asked the dealer to check what the time frame would be without the PP just to be sure, and got quoted end of September. Ended up foregoing the PP in order to get it sooner because I won't have a car until it comes in and don't feel like spending ~4 months without a car.
Zoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:51 AM   #23
AndrewC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoh View Post
Ordered mine last week, was originally told that it didn't matter what I added and that the time frame would be the same. Was quoted end of November for a WR Blue Pearl MT with Performance Package.

Asked the dealer to check what the time frame would be without the PP just to be sure, and got quoted end of September. Ended up foregoing the PP in order to get it sooner because I won't have a car until it comes in and don't feel like spending ~4 months without a car.

That's a ballsy move my friend, but I mean you'll have the car sooner. But for the price of the PP it's just so hard to pass up on.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:15 AM   #24
Zoh

Quote:
That's a ballsy move my friend, but I mean you'll have the car sooner. But for the price of the PP it's just so hard to pass up on.

Yeah, for the price, it's great...
But this car is going to be my daily driver, I'm already having to go 4-8 weeks without a car, I can't wait much longer tbh.
I'm not going to be tracking it or doing anything crazy, so I'm willing to make the sacrifice.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #25
Elleteeh

Drives: '17 Subaru BRZ CWP Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, for the price, it's great...

But this car is going to be my daily driver, I'm already having to go 4-8 weeks without a car, I can't wait much longer tbh.

I'm not going to be tracking it or doing anything crazy, so I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

You and me both. I've been sharing a car with my wife the past two months. I'm ready for the car now as it would make life easier for the both of us. I wish the PP was offered right out of the gate, but it is what it is. I gave up my STi for the reason of not fully utilizing its potential, so I feel like having the PP doesn't make or break my value of the BRZ. Would it have been nice to have all the bells and whistle? Without a doubt, but for DD purposes...no. I'm praying it'll be a miracle and come the last week of August somehow...that'd be amazing.
Elleteeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #26
Psilox

Drives: Nothing yet!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just a quick update on the 'ol car search:

I had a dealer quote me 28.1k for the Limited with PP, and a delivery timeframe of about 1.5-2 months. I'm not sure what is accounting for the huge discrepancy between dealers in the same area regarding delivery estimates.

Quote:

That's really interesting, as now I've heard 4 different time frames on the PP package: September, November, January, and March. Anyone know if Subaru would be releasing official info on this soon?
Psilox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Psilox For This Useful Post:
goldenfri (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #27
Oxyg3n

Drives: 2017 BRZ - WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilox View Post

I had a dealer quote me 28.1k for the Limited with PP, and a delivery timeframe of about 1.5-2 months. I'm not sure what is accounting for the huge discrepancy between dealers in the same area regarding delivery estimates.

That's really interesting, as now I've heard 4 different time frames on the PP package: September, November, January, and March. Anyone know if Subaru would be releasing official info on this soon?
I think it's just because half the salesman doesn't know crap about the car and just use their own estimates. I've had 2 dealerships that didn't even know the car was a refresh and when I told them i only wanted the 2017, they told me "I think they are only going to put new wheels on it" and this was after going online to search it up lol.

Funny because that dealership is on the white list here too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Oxyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #28
Zoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilox View Post

Well, FWIW, this was the time displayed on their system at the dealership after putting in an order for one. Still, don't know how accurate it is, but it wasn't as much "told" to me, as "read" to me haha

Elleteeh, I'm really hoping for last week of August too, haha. I want this thing ASAP!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoh For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (07-28-2016)